Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
my brain has decided that sometimes it is important that I recall every line from Dookie with perfect recollection and I'm okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Where do you look while you’re listening to music? Just, dead-ahead?

eyes shut

Rinkles posted:

i'm embarrassed to have others hear what music i'm listening to, and headphones give me increasingly bad headaches and dizziness, so i don't listen to as much as i like, but music is one the few pure pleasures in my life. might have saved me from myself a few times.

everyone says music is math but actually its magic, can confirm

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

everyone says music is math but actually its magic, can confirm

Any sufficiently advanced time signature is indistinguishable from magic

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i'll play some video games instead

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The thing about music is, video games already have music

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Help Im Alive posted:

After one of my co-workers turned 30 he started saying "have you noticed no one writes good lyrics anymore?" so maybe that's when it ends

“yeah it all peaked with MacArthur Park and it’s been downhill ever since”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My brain: How old am I this year lol
Also my brain: Time to remember every word from the theme song to Jack of All Trades from the Back 2 Back Action Hour that hasn't aired in 30 years.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i can remember song lyrics easily and i remember other things by setting them to a rhythm in my head. i remember my passwords by rhythm and emphasis, each one has a meter to it that the different letters/numbers/symbols are tied to. a capital letter is an emphasised beat and a symbol like a hyphen or an underscore is a rest. this is what its like to be "in the mind of stux"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Any sufficiently advanced time signature is indistinguishable from magic

lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

i can remember song lyrics easily and i remember other things by setting them to a rhythm in my head. i remember my passwords by rhythm and emphasis, each one has a meter to it that the different letters/numbers/symbols are tied to. a capital letter is an emphasised beat and a symbol like a hyphen or an underscore is a rest. this is what its like to be "in the mind of stux"

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

We got different brains.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

We got different brains.

i think its a side effect of growing up with a parent who was a musician and just having music around u since you were born lol

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Real talk the way different people think is fascinating to me.

Like there are people who don't have a voice in their head that narrates the things they read and that's loving wild to me.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My brain refuses to process the literal meaning of lyrics when listening to a song. Like I could tell you what a song was about but it might not have anything to do with the lyrics

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My approach to music: it often sounds nice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

i think its a side effect of growing up with a parent who was a musician and just having music around u since you were born lol

We had a piano in the house cause it was too big to get out the door when we moved in but it was super out of tune so we used it as a counter top in the living room. We also had a hi fi set up but only used it to play alvin and chipmunks xmas cassette

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mode 7 posted:

Like there are people who don't have a voice in their head that narrates the things they read and that's loving wild to me.

You mean like reading aloud but inside your head? Wtf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mode 7 posted:

Hi

Edit: on wait no i do have that i didnt see the dont

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sometimes i dont listen to music for a while and then i put on something and i'm like oh yea music owns

but then i remember i care about music no one else likes, jazz rock like the bad plus, neo-traditional ska, chiptune that incorporates real instruments, afrobeat, upbeat club/dance jazz, new orleans brass bands

but then i remember it doesn't matter because it's just going into my ears and no one else's so who cares

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well now it's going into your ears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyRk4d26RSk

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNqCrr8bbVE

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have trouble hearing lyrics or something, like as an example I know lots of FFXIV songs have lyrics but I couldn’t tell you what any of them are, even right after listening to them

Like that chocobo Christmas song that was posted, I couldn’t catch a word

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I have trouble hearing lyrics or something, like as an example I know lots of FFXIV songs have lyrics but I couldn’t tell you what any of them are, even right after listening to them

Like that chocobo Christmas song that was posted, I couldn’t catch a word

are they in japanese and do you speak japanese i feel like this may be an issue if you don't and they are

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

fridge corn posted:

You mean like reading aloud but inside your head? Wtf

:yeah:

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

The 7th Guest posted:

but then i remember i care about music no one else likes, jazz rock like the bad plus, neo-traditional ska, chiptune that incorporates real instruments, afrobeat, upbeat club/dance jazz, new orleans brass bands

all of that is really good tho

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

When did REAL music start and when did it end? The scholars can’t seem to agree

The 1950s. Many, many years ago while still a Boy Scout I was helping to run a first aid training station at a Cub Scout event. A little kid made a point to bring up music and emphatically explained to everyone that "music was invented in the 1950s."

Watching the kid get so worked up and passionately defend his stance was hilarious and I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i only listen to post rock so i can get the most pure musical experience based on timbre and tone and feeling and none of this lyrical nonsense. Sigur Ros has it right that voice should be an instrument and people shouldn't have to be told what a song's about by having it sung at them.

This also works in punk because it's just yelling as an instrument.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

sometimes i dont listen to music for a while and then i put on something and i'm like oh yea music owns

but then i remember it doesn't matter because it's just going into my ears and no one else's so who cares

these are all dope genres please talk about them more i love new orleans brass in particular

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

are they in japanese and do you speak japanese i feel like this may be an issue if you don't and they are

No they’re in English, they were posted one page ago if you want to check

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
lol wasteman

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

:mmmhmm:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

When did REAL music start and when did it end? The scholars can’t seem to agree

It started with WAP and ended when WAP ended.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stev posted:

It started with WAP and ended when WAP ended.

wet rear end piano

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

not actually new orleans but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWOyrryNNM

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

all time classic

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i'm a giant dork and want to start one of those protest brass bands

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i could watch hours of streetside music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZdMxFiUf9Q

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people deliberately mishearing the english lyrics of the ruby weapon theme to make jokes about beef soft tacos, really grinds my gears

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

directing my brass band to play a big band version of the international

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
guys Yves feels really bad and is putting a few million into BLM donations and meaningless diversity initiatives, it's OK to buy Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla again

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1304087578094841856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Stux posted:

I use KeePass2.