Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remember to unlock as many heat actions as possible so you arent watching the same one for 40 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Guess Microsoft is lifting embargos on some basic Series S and X impressions, seems some journalists have 'non-functional' units (so this is of limited use really) to get impressions of them in person, but interesting to see contrasted with the One X.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/10/21430298/microsoft-xbox-series-s-hands-on-photos-price

Port info:
Microsoft hasn’t discussed the rear ports of the Xbox Series S, but I can confirm there will be two USB ports, an HDMI 2.1 out, an Ethernet port, the same Xbox storage expansion slot found on the larger Series X, and the usual power port. Microsoft has also added raised Braille bumps next to the ports on both the Xbox Series S and X — a nice touch for accessibility. There’s also a single USB port at the front of the Series S.

Edit: Some other shots... god knew the Series X was big but it really is a monster seeing it alongside current gen consoles;

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1304079463307673607

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 10, 2020

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Red Warrior posted:

Guess Microsoft is lifting embargos on some basic Series S and X impressions, seems some journalists have 'non-functional' units (so this is of limited use really) to get impressions of them in person, but interesting to see contrasted with the One X.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/10/21430298/microsoft-xbox-series-s-hands-on-photos-price

Port info:
Microsoft hasn’t discussed the rear ports of the Xbox Series S, but I can confirm there will be two USB ports, an HDMI 2.1 out, an Ethernet port, the same Xbox storage expansion slot found on the larger Series X, and the usual power port. Microsoft has also added raised Braille bumps next to the ports on both the Xbox Series S and X — a nice touch for accessibility. There’s also a single USB port at the front of the Series S.

All consoles should be the size & form factor of the Series S, or at least the Xbox One X.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You misspelled gamecube

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Holy poo poo that series x really is loving huge.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Hedonist posted:

4000 p's inside

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
That's a, uh, large console

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!

Happy Hedonist posted:

PS5 is also enormous

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Real hurthling! posted:

4000 p's inside

4K ≠ 4000p

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zenintrude posted:

4K ≠ 4000p

I mean green peas

Thats what makes the color cause its not a light

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Peas are delicious. I think that's what the burner on the series s is for. Steaming peas.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

Port info:

Edit: Some other shots... god knew the Series X was big but it really is a monster seeing it alongside current gen consoles;

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1304079463307673607

the green.. is paint?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought the xsx was square from top down. Its actually rectangular and portly as gently caress tho. Hideous.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The S isn't even that small. It's like the size of a normal console.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

stev posted:

The S isn't even that small. It's like the size of a normal console.

Maybe in like 2000. It looks the size of a PS2.
Gorgeous design IMO.
The Series X looks loving atrocious.

Both look better than the abomination that is the PS5

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

ethanol posted:

the green.. is paint?

It might be a light on functional units? Who knows.

Boy I think I'm going to figure out where to put the Series X so it sits upright because it's just a terrible giant brick on it's side.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I sort of love how chonky and rectangle the X is. I'll never buy one but it's sort of endearing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Paint it like spongebob

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Gotta admit I kinda like both designs. The ps5 looks really silly in comparison, yea.

I think I'm going to get one of these stupid things. Not at launch, but maybe next year. I'm a broken nerd that doesn't enjoy Sony's narrative driven exclusives and I want to play Forza and a few games on the backward compatible list.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
could never worry about how the thing i look at once before i put it away under the tv never to look at it again looks. more interested in how all 3 consoles cool themselves and how loudly

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Happy Hedonist posted:

Gotta admit I kinda like both designs. The ps5 looks really silly in comparison, yea.

I think I'm going to get one of these stupid things. Not at launch, but maybe next year. I'm a broken nerd that doesn't enjoy Sony's narrative driven exclusives and I want to play Forza and a few games on the backward compatible list.

People keep saying that Playstation is better because of their exclusive line up but honestly looking through it and I'm not interested in almost any of those games past or future.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

could never worry about how the thing i look at once before i put it away under the tv never to look at it again looks. more interested in how all 3 consoles cool themselves and how loudly

for me its the games (shocking) and right now im most interested in gran turismo 7, demon souls, and hzd2. v sad to see my son, halo, turn into... what it's become . prob try halo on pc anyways

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

Thom12255 posted:

People keep saying that Playstation is better because of their exclusive line up but honestly looking through it and I'm not interested in almost any of those games past or future.

wild

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Thom12255 posted:

They're good games, you should play them.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I mean everyone has their own tastes but I've found from the current gen Sony's exclusives like TLOU2, God of War, HZD, the last guardian, Bloodborne, Spiderman, FF7R, uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima etc are much more enjoyable experiences than games like assassin's creed 15, call of duty 27 and far cry 11.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

stev posted:

nah

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I mean the series S is just a white box with a black circle on it and people are all "GOD THAT IS HIDEOUS!"

It's such an inoffensive design. God gamers are so insufferable.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Bad Parenting posted:

I mean everyone has their own tastes but I've found from the current gen Sony's exclusives like TLOU2, God of War, HZD, the last guardian, Bloodborne, Spiderman, FF7R, uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima etc are much more enjoyable experiences than games like assassin's creed 15, call of duty 27 and far cry 11.

Ghost of Tsushima is about the only thing listed that I think I would enjoy a playthrough of. Fair play to people that like all those other third person games but I don't find them that enjoyable.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Playstation has the better games. Xbox has the better "I have 2 hours per month to scroll through GamePass and decide to do something else instead" value proposition.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

Thom12255 posted:

Ghost of Tsushima is about the only thing listed that I think I would enjoy a playthrough of. Fair play to people that like all those other third person games but I don't find them that enjoyable.

Two words baby

Blood

Borne

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

stev posted:

If they ever get released on something besides a playstation, I'll check them out. I don't agree with Sony's policies regarding exlcusives and crossplay, so I won't be supporting them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

If they ever get released on something besides a playstation, I'll check them out. I don't agree with Sony's policies regarding exlcusives and crossplay, so I won't be supporting them.

Yeah i also forgot the entire history of consoles after some phil press release cried about it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HZD and Spiderman are the two things I wish I had on Xbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

Cojawfee posted:

Thank you for youre service

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
HZD is so good, possibly my game of the generation. I don't know if I'll pick up a PS5 before the sequel comes out, but I absolutely will when it does.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah i also forgot the entire history of consoles after some phil press release cried about it

Never mind Microsoft's history of loving over consumers by all means necessary.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt like hzd as much as other games. It has a lot of promise but didnt focus enough on dino fighting. So many humans i had to kill

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Cojawfee posted:

What are Sony's policies about crossplay that upset you?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

Seedge posted:

What are Sony's policies about crossplay that upset you?

They were adamantly against it until Epic forced their hand with Fortnite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I played crossplay from ps4 on ffxiv, war thunder, and rocket league like 4 years ago.. mostly recently crossplayed cod mw with a party of people on pc