Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Watching trailers for movies I know I'll never see in theaters is :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw2FOYjCz38

Watching on a phone, this looks good, but does Craig have some distractingly obvious makeup in some shots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Anne Frank Funk posted:

The government and/or MI6 will never be the bad guy in a Bond movie. Never ever.

I always felt that skyfall was pretty explicit in making MI6 (as personified by the Judy Dench character) the bad guy. The plot of the film is literally her going to orphanages, taking kids and turning them into murder machines. It also ends in typical bond fashion, with the assault on the villain's lair where she is killed. And then SPECTRE ignored pretty much everything that made skyfall great, so whatever.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Craig is 52 years old

He old as gently caress

Of course he's wearing tons of makeup, maybe they even touch him up in post a bit

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Craig is 52 years old

He old as gently caress

:colbert:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Lilly James and Armie Hammer in a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVhB54UqvQ

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

You guys like teasers? You guys like trailers? How about teasers for your trailers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zce4Ju74TRQ

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ooooh, the rare double With credit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

Ooooh, the rare double With credit.

The credits for Endgame must have been a fun exercise to see who got With and Ands and in what order because it was like 4-5 of them total.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Timothee Chalamet :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like Dune's dropping at nune (EST)

https://twitter.com/DuneNews/status/1303666045316722688?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xhJrPXop4

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

yep this is fire, let's goooooo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao the song choice

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

extremely gently caress yes to everything there.

The cast did a little Q&A with Stephen Colbert ahead of the reveal.

https://twitter.com/TwitterMovies/status/1303725610666274817?s=20

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Snooze Cruise posted:

lmao the song choice

what's wrong with it? it's a nice nod towards jodorowsky's dune

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

rawillkill posted:

what's wrong with it? it's a nice nod towards jodorowsky's dune

Nothing wrong with it

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i must not hype
hype is the mindkiller

:sweatdrop:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Haha, holy poo poo, that was actually worth the ridiculous hype campaign they ran with. gently caress that looks great.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

I just reread it a few months ago. This looks really good. I think they really nailed the right feel and tone with the art design and cinematography. I also like the fact that the actor who plays Paul genuinely looks young. Even though Kyle MacLachlan was approximately Timothée Chalamet's age when he played Paul, he definitely looked like a guy in his 20s. This guy looks like could be 16.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The special shoot is full of glorious poo poo too. I'm unironically Stephen Colbert level enthusiasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPsYCJQczTM

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Only thing I know of Dune is bits and pieces my super Dune geek friend tells me every now and then so I have no real attachment (I mean to Dune. I have an attachment to my friend). But that looks cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

Only thing I know of Dune is bits and pieces my super Dune geek friend tells me every now and then so I have no real attachment (I mean to Dune. I have an attachment to my friend). But that looks cool.

dune rules, its god tier scifi

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

kiimo posted:

The special shoot is full of glorious poo poo too. I'm unironically Stephen Colbert level enthusiasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPsYCJQczTM

The Josh Brolin head gag had me howling when I watched it live.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
I was hoping the Dune trailer would not suck.

It definitely does not suck.

I'm hoping the movie will be long enough to do justice to what they're going to try and cram into there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pikehead posted:

I was hoping the Dune trailer would not suck.

It definitely does not suck.

I'm hoping the movie will be long enough to do justice to what they're going to try and cram into there.

I recall reading somewhere that it's supposed to be broken into two films.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I believe the first movie is only the first half of the book. Not sure if they shot shooing back to back.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dillbag posted:

I believe the first movie is only the first half of the book. Not sure if they shot shooing back to back.

They didn't which is what really worries me since it's gonna be a bit of a hard sell for a big budget movie even without the world ending on top of it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zendaya has said that she's not in the movie a whole lot which sounds like it cuts off at Paul and Jessica joining the Fremen in the desert which is where her character joins the story.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
It's probably the only way Villeneuve got the film made with BR2049 doing nowhere near the business the studios were hoping for. Knock it out of the park, and they finance the next one.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Zendaya has said that she's not in the movie a whole lot which sounds like it cuts off at Paul and Jessica joining the Fremen in the desert which is where her character joins the story.

Yeah, it's a 2-parter. I suppose the Harkonnen attack and Paul & Lady Jessica falling in with the Fremen is a logical enough place to finish off the first half. It would also explain why no one appears to have been cast as Feyd-Rautha or Irulan.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Dillbag posted:

Knock it out of the park, and they finance the next one.

That's the worrying part, because of the pandemic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WB is considering delaying Dune to next year, especially with Villeneuve himself saying the post-production is being done under a time constraint.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The MSJ posted:

WB is considering delaying Dune to next year, especially with Villeneuve himself saying the post-production is being done under a time constraint.
I just assumed it had a 2021 release date but apparently it’s December 18? I wonder if WB will learn from loving up Tenet’s release or they’ll try to make up for its box office failure.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They still have Wonder Woman '84, which might get delayed from October to December.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

I just assumed it had a 2021 release date but apparently it’s December 18? I wonder if WB will learn from loving up Tenet’s release or they’ll try to make up for its box office failure.

Isn’t the current (dumb as gently caress) plan for Tenet is to just leave it in theaters for like a year?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It would take a complete and utter flop of Dune to prevent the financing for a second one. This is the studio that finally figured out that splitting a book into two movies (HP 7.1, 7.2) not only makes for a better movie (see: Ender's Game) but also makes die hards happy and increases revenue. Gotta stretch those tentpoles, just look at DC

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

kiimo posted:

It would take a complete and utter flop of Dune to prevent the financing for a second one. This is the studio that finally figured out that splitting a book into two movies (HP 7.1, 7.2) not only makes for a better movie (see: Ender's Game) but also makes die hards happy and increases revenue. Gotta stretch those tentpoles, just look at DC

But wouldn't it have made more financial sense to just film both parts at once?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

They have to wait for Chalamet’s eyes to turn blue before filming the second part. There’s quite a time gap in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sure why not

https://twitter.com/universalhorror/status/1304047484222701575?s=21