Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fridays bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

InnercityGriot posted:

- The Moist Talkers took a heavy fall from grace, and the Hawaii Fridays are at the bottom of their division, two over performing teams from last season got hit with the regression bat, plus league realignment.

It's funny because despite having the worst record in the league, the Moist Talkers chat's main concern is that we lost our big beautiful boy Richmond Harrison in the feedback

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The prevailing strategy with idols seems to be maxing out the pitching ones and then constantly swapping them so that you have an idol pitching every game, and I am not a Crabs fan so no thank you that is too much min-maxing for me.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/ozdollie/status/1303444785450151942?s=20

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

tinstaach posted:

The prevailing strategy with idols seems to be maxing out the pitching ones and then constantly swapping them so that you have an idol pitching every game, and I am not a Crabs fan so no thank you that is too much min-maxing for me.
I bring secret Crab knowledge, in case anyone wants more details.

There is some debate about better idol and betting strategies in the SIBR discord if you really want to maximize, but this is probably the best you'll get without putting in a lot more effort.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

With the expectation being positive when betting on favourites there's no reason not to bet the max on every favourite unless you're strapped for cash.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Talkers have pivoted Richmond grief into necromancy classes, to idolise Jaylen Hotdogfingers. Wonder what signing the 14th most popular player will do when they’re already dead? Let’s find out!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tibalt posted:

I bring secret Crab knowledge, in case anyone wants more details.

There is some debate about better idol and betting strategies in the SIBR discord if you really want to maximize, but this is probably the best you'll get without putting in a lot more effort.

"3. Bet Max on anything 60% or above, and half that between 50-60%"

good to see that not only are Crabs insufferable shitbags, they're also lamentable cowards

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Lone Goat posted:

"3. Bet Max on anything 60% or above, and half that between 50-60%"

good to see that not only are Crabs insufferable shitbags, they're also lamentable cowards

Ahaha that was the strategy I used and invented independently until I could bet max on all.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

StormDrain posted:

Ahaha that was the strategy I used and invented independently until I could bet max on all.

Someone posted it in SIBR and it's just been repeated without question.

When I was building up from my 268 or whatever I started with this season I just bet portions of what I had in larger amounts further down the line until I was up to betting max again. I have max on every game right now and about 15000 left over.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

if you're betting halfmax on 59% your heart is full of fear and you don't deserve to have any coins

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And if you're betting against your favourite team you're a shameless sellout and you also don't deserve to have any coins

e: It seems like the Crabs, in addition to being good, have been insanely lucky in this first third of the season. 33 wins in 37 games is a win rate or 89%, and if the betting numbers are to be trusted they haven't had anywhere near that good of a chance of winning any individual game

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 9, 2020

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

tinstaach posted:

And if you're betting against your favourite team you're a shameless sellout and you also don't deserve to have any coins

e: It seems like the Crabs, in addition to being good, have been insanely lucky in this first third of the season. 33 wins in 37 games is a win rate or 89%, and if the betting numbers are to be trusted they haven't had anywhere near that good of a chance of winning any individual game

The crabs haven't even been favourites in every game.

Only nearly every game.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, but according to the stats people on discord, the percentage chance to win for each team is actually conservative, they estimated it was like ten percent higher than what it says (ex. a 55% chance is really more like 65). Maybe the Crabs dominate the regular season and flop in the playoffs though, we can live in hope.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

InnercityGriot posted:

Yeah, but according to the stats people on discord, the percentage chance to win for each team is actually conservative, they estimated it was like ten percent higher than what it says (ex. a 55% chance is really more like 65).

so it's like XCOM stats then

I've built things up enough that I'm sure to be in the 1% this next time, which is fine. I just hope the Garages make the post-season.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

so it's like XCOM stats then

I've built things up enough that I'm sure to be in the 1% this next time, which is fine. I just hope the Garages make the post-season.

you know you can spend your coins right? I've been over 150k coins last couple seasons and I just spend them all on votes til I'm down to about 6k

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Imagine having coins to spend.
(This post brought to you by the BegBet Gang)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Lone Goat posted:

you know you can spend your coins right? I've been over 150k coins last couple seasons and I just spend them all on votes til I'm down to about 6k

Yeah, all redistribution does is encourage liquidation into votes. Last season I was pretty uninvolved and still ended up with something like 300 votes over the course of the season. This season I'll have a pretty significant amount more, and it's all going into votes, because either I use that money or it disappears into the aether. PLUS if I spend it all, then when redistribution happens, I get a seed amount to start next season.

I'm sure there's an economics lesson to be had here, but electric baseball mans go boom

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

the redistribution is like a couple hundred, last season the 1% cut off was over 10k I think?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

From what I've seen the last few seasons, you can safely retain about the number of coins needed to max bet every game on the first day without getting redistributed.

When the max was 800 I had 12k and 13k on two accounts and only the higher one got redistributed. Last season (with the max bet now 1000) I had 10k on both and neither got chopped.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Last season's 1% was somewhere around the 14k mark, this season's is going to be significantly higher I'd wager.

Also lol at the crabs fans thinking they weren't overpowered because they lose in playoffs - they've just secured their playoff berth 25 games from the end of the season :stare:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Looking at the division related star redistribution and things are... interesting.

The Crabs (63-12) are going to have to give stars to the worst team in their division, currently the Firefighters or Millenials both 37-38.

The Tacos (25-50) are going to have to give stars to the best team in their division, currently the Flowers at... 37-38.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Looking at the division related star redistribution and things are... interesting.

The Crabs (63-12) are going to have to give stars to the worst team in their division, currently the Firefighters or Millenials both 37-38.

The Tacos (25-50) are going to have to give stars to the best team in their division, currently the Flowers at... 37-38.

The bloodbath sucks and I hate it

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

InnercityGriot posted:

The bloodbath sucks and I hate it

It only really sucks for the Wild Low division.

As an AL Central fan, let me assure you that even a division that for decades harbors some of the worst teams in baseball, they can still fluke into championships because that's how sports do.

Splorts is just sports but bigger. You can tell because it has another letter.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

It only really sucks for the Wild Low division.

As an AL Central fan, let me assure you that even a division that for decades harbors some of the worst teams in baseball, they can still fluke into championships because that's how sports do.

Splorts is just sports but bigger. You can tell because it has another letter.

Yeah, but the Tacos aren't fluking into any championships any time soon. Giving our paltry stars to a better team feels bad, we already suck and are the worst team in the league.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

InnercityGriot posted:

Yeah, but the Tacos aren't fluking into any championships any time soon. Giving our paltry stars to a better team feels bad, we already suck and are the worst team in the league.
Enhanced Party Time seems like it would help in the long run if it's big enough... but it might just keep the Wild Low teams in star parity as the best of the division becomes a revolving door.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I have to hope that the Devs have something up their sleeve. They have to be aware of the Crabs' dominance and the situation in Wild Low. The Bloodbath rules are still hidden, hopefully after the removal of the top 3 idols their stars/blood is passed down to the lowest couple of teams?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I see that Axel Trololol has just crept back up into the #3 idol spot. Seems important if the top-3 are getting sacrificed as many suspect. It would really be something if the best three non-Crabs players got sacrificed and the Crabs escaped it completely.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm wondering if we all just get reordered each season but retain our specific blood effect. I don't really know if that would lead to any overall balancing, but it would at least make the Wild league feel a little more sustainable if it's just not a blanket "all stars to the top" and "all stars to the bottom" rule.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'll definitely be lending some weight to Enhanced Party Time

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

bawfuls posted:

I see that Axel Trololol has just crept back up into the #3 idol spot. Seems important if the top-3 are getting sacrificed as many suspect. It would really be something if the best three non-Crabs players got sacrificed and the Crabs escaped it completely.

There will almost certainly be a lot of idol shuffling on Saturday night once it doesn't affect players' incomes. I've seen a few people say they'll be switching their idol to one of the Peanut players.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

what are Peanut players and does that have anything to do with Jaylen Hotdogfingers?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pinwiz11 posted:

I have to hope that the Devs have something up their sleeve. They have to be aware of the Crabs' dominance and the situation in Wild Low. The Bloodbath rules are still hidden, hopefully after the removal of the top 3 idols their stars/blood is passed down to the lowest couple of teams?

With any luck, EPT will help but that's definitely a MUCH longer term solution, I think. Quicker eliminated teams given more chance of permanently improving, but it's gonna be a while to reach parity.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bawfuls posted:

what are Peanut players and does that have anything to do with Jaylen Hotdogfingers?

Before the election results, The Peanut appeared and told us to idolize it/its children ("pods") instead of the players. Not, exactly in those words. Someone figured out there were three players in the league with "Peanut" in their name. The variations of the "plan" I've heard are:

1.) Keep Jaylen Hotdogfingers at 14th for resurrection.
2.) Get the Peanut players up to 1-3
3.) Put NaN in 4th?

in order of importance.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Jaylen and the Peanuts are two different things.

In season 2, with the election of the Peanut decree, three players with Dan in their name had Dan replaced with Peanut

Peanut Holloway (Pies)
Peanutiel Duffy (Tigers)
Peanut Bong (Dalé)

Just before Season 5 election, The Peanut appeared and said the following:
  • WHO IS TALKING
  • BE QUIET
  • YOU WORSHIP THEM
  • WHEN I WALK AMONG YOU?
  • MY PROGENY
  • MY PODS
  • HONOR THEM TO HONOR ME

which leads people to think that getting the three Dans Peanuts at the top of the idol chart will do something.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Go Breath Mints go. I believe that Fresh Breath conquers all.

Shame we're gonna have to give up stars. We kinda need those.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

luckily your Party Time Speed Run record still stands

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
RIP Randall Marijuana, best player to be incinerated

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the blood bath effects are at least currently listed as 'permanent,' currently teams in each of the four divisions have the same effect (so Wild High all have one, Mild High have a different, etc.).

Which makes me wonder what happens when the divisions get shuffled again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Firefighters vs Millenials to get last place in Wild High will likely go down to the end of the season :munch: