Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

luxury handset posted:

this whole little sequence is some of my favorite supernatural bullshit in the show. i love it when characters tone switch from semi-realistic to completely dramatic grandiose speech and then back again. orpheus and the monarch are both splendid for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0emWVXgdsVI
I love this scene and episode. "Oh, look at his face" cracks me up every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I feel like the magic heavy episodes are just when they can get Jon Benjamin to do some voice work. I love the Master.

You see this this head likes to lick my balls it feels amazing, but I can like taste it. I can taste my balls right now Orpheus.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
now i'm reminded of the Alchemist telling a story about trying to wipe his rear end with cotton balls and you just know that one of the guys wrote that bit from personal experience.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I don't get it there's a shower right there, if you are out just go in the loving shower holy poo poo. Don't get lovely cotton stuck in your beard, also why would you smell it?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Hot Dolphin!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

pixaal posted:

I feel like the magic heavy episodes are just when they can get Jon Benjamin to do some voice work. I love the Master.

You see this this head likes to lick my balls it feels amazing, but I can like taste it. I can taste my balls right now Orpheus.

I constantly say “It’s.... a conundrum.” because of this scene.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Brock's entire ayahuasca trip sequence is amazing.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

pixaal posted:

I don't get it there's a shower right there, if you are out just go in the loving shower holy poo poo. Don't get lovely cotton stuck in your beard, also why would you smell it?

"Do not ask me why"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pixaal posted:

Except he uses the word genitals and I think that kicks it up a notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foEQE7HHBrg

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

"Yes, pilgrim! I, in life, was a personal guard to the great Caesar!"

"Nuh-uh. Liar! You choked on a popsicle stick at a Halloween party."

"Oh, tell everyone why don't you?"

"Everybody knows. Why do you think you're in hell; because you're a fuckin' liar!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i still think of the Perfect Man from time to time. what a mysterious fellow.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

one of the guys

Come on, we all know it was Hammer.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Big moment for me, all time great series moment, is when Gary comes back from getting shredded and becoming a real operator and goes toe to toe with BROCK loving SAMPSON and is somehow not instantly vaporized.

Like I know there is no chance of winning, but simply not having your neck snapped like a Slim Jim in the first 30 seconds is practically a title belt.

Also no stunt in any James Bond film has been as mind blowing as the first time I watched Brock crash through the windshield when the boys “mother” is trying to run him over. True mastery.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

i still think of the Perfect Man from time to time. what a mysterious fellow.

Brock & Brock and Hank are still waiting frozen in that tundra....

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

TK-42-1 posted:

I constantly say “It’s.... a conundrum.” because of this scene.

I do the same thing, it's about the only VB quote I know that's SFW and not an obscure reference.

Bust Rodd posted:

Also no stunt in any James Bond film has been as mind blowing as the first time I watched Brock crash through the windshield when the boys “mother” is trying to run him over. True mastery.

Somebody on here had a gif of that sequence as their av for years, so I'd seen it long before I'd even heard of the show. I wish I could go back and re-experience the dawning realisation of what I was about to see as I got to that point in the episode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think "Are these they?" is a permanent part of my vocabulary.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Who talks like that?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Every time I send some longass text or group chat message I conclude it with "The Sphinx has spoken"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

My favorite has always been the cigar gag.

"Still don't smoke."

"FINE, GIVE ME A loving CIGAR!!!!"

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

For me, it's still Brock sympathetically and awkwardly breaking the news to that one Ünderbeit goon about his testicular cancer.

Edit: Going back through what I've posted in this thread, I bring up that bit a bunch of times plus that one guy in a dog-suit who disappears and it infuriates me. Where did he go?!

LashLightning posted:

Then again, they announced a couple older shows getting a new season in the upcoming fall lineup - like 10 ounce mouse or whatever it's called. It's be a bit weird if they brought back a few nostalgia trips only to cancel a popular, (well, popular for a Adult Swim show, it's not like it does gangbusters like Rick and Morty but, eh) long running show like Venture Bros.

From April, and man, was I loving wrong.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 10, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"He started it!"
"No, I started it years ago in a moment of passion! And I'll end it the same way right here in front of Brock, H.E.L.P.eR., and God!"

For some reason that one still makes me laugh a lot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I've been using "Ye live by the ghost, ye die by the ghost" regularly since I was in high school.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
A friend I routinely shout at each other about the ghost pirate rules.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

My very ginger girlfriend likes to bring up The Albino Code whenever she has to spend any amount of time in the sun.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

I am Reverend posted:

My very ginger girlfriend likes to bring up The Albino Code whenever she has to spend any amount of time in the sun.

I'm collecting them now

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I say this poo poo like once a week

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Logically if it stands for California HIway Patrol it should be produced CHiPes with a long I.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Two heads are better than one!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

P’sketti

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

It's hard to work into a conversation but I don't think any line has made me laugh harder than "Maybe *I* was the lizard man who stole your precious serum."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DgM6VrxNE4

The Buddy System has to be the funniest episode they ever made, but I'm quite partial to Dermott so I may be biased.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 11, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Well we coulda done that.”

Way too appropriate way too often in my life

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
"nice rear end Samson"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

holy poo poo yes.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
One of my favorite lines, because it sums up a lot of what the show is about on several levels, is, "I can't believe it's hard to kill these two!", which Twenty-Four says to Twenty-One while Dean frantically tries to slap out Hank's crotch-fire, because of course the act of Hank washing his hands ends with his pants coming aflame.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

TerminalRaptor posted:

"nice rear end Samson"

His whole spiel about preying on their fear and moving like an animal to feel the kill is so good. Like dudes a legit psycho when he gets ramped up and still somehow has a heart of gold.

“Say scuba. Scuba.”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

tarlibone posted:

pants coming aflame.

"Help Me! I've come AFLAME Again!"
"He trained his freaking panda to put me in a bag!"

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I use the phrase "Not today, Rusty" at least a few times a year.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

shs posted:

I use the phrase "Not today, Rusty" at least a few times a year.

"I said pull my finger, Rusty! You pulled the pin out of this grenade!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

How was I supposed to know he'd jump on the grenade?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Stop saying dab!