Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The only issue with that episode was not pushing for a massive arcology to fit everyone into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Dropping 432 Park into an Iowa cornfield like SimCity is a lol

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

THS posted:

growing up my father would literally goad me into eating 3 full plates at least at any indian or chinese buffet to "get our moneys worth" because the challenge was always to somehow get one over on the proprietor of the buffet

THS posted:

i had to read all that poo poo. all of it. as a teen i didn’t just read Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. I read “Capitalism, The Unknown Ideal” and “The Virtue Of Selfishness”. hell i read all the Leonard Peikoff commentaries. my father ran for Libertarian state senate. he took all this poo poo seriously. on an all you can eat buffet at an indian restaurant in richardson texas

My dad who was also a Libertarian Ayn Rand head, would fly into town on occasion and take us out to his favorite chinese food restaurant. We, my mom and siblings, would share entrees as one does. He would order sweet and sour shrimp and refuse to share because it was "collectivist" to share chinese food. He would then only bring enough money for his share of the check. No wait, not even his share because he didn't pay for his kids --- he brought enough for his entree.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Proust Malone posted:

My dad who was also a Libertarian Ayn Rand head, would fly into town on occasion and take us out to his favorite chinese food restaurant. We, my mom and siblings, would share entrees as one does. He would order sweet and sour shrimp and refuse to share because it was "collectivist" to share chinese food. He would then only bring enough money for his share of the check. No wait, not even his share because he didn't pay for his kids --- he brought enough for his entree.

jesus that’s funny. there’s actually nothing in objectivism that is outright against giving gifts lmfao. your dad is a bigger piece of poo poo than even mine. my dad is fairly gregarious with money in his personal life he just has insanely hosed ideas about politics

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, but that's comparing the text to the kind of person who actually becomes an Objectivist. From Steve Ditko on down, every time I hear about someone who's a serious Randian it's always this weird selfish antisocial poo poo.

By the by, I think the reason the thread's been veering this way and that is not because the latest episode was bad but because it was just a pretty good episode that's not controversial with the fanbase at all.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Last ep was good, nothing that could be completely misinterpreted hence nothing to argue about.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

The only issue with that episode was not pushing for a massive arcology to fit everyone into.

I'm pretty sure I heard Will say arcologies were cool.

This week's free ep was agreeable and funny, nothing to misinterpret and sucker enough dupes into getting mad about so honestly a little disappointing. Do 👏 better.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

They save that for the premium episodes so you can put words in their mouth without being able to verify

THS
Sep 15, 2017

hosed up that they spent the last 30 minutes talking up not only how the uyghur genocide is real, but also that it’s good. smdh

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if you stuck around and listened to the end credits they mention they had the help of the xinjiang public relations office

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

THS posted:

hosed up that they spent the last 30 minutes talking up not only how the uyghur genocide is real, but also that it’s good. smdh

I believe Amber specifically said that the Uyghur genocide wasn’t real, but it would be good if it was.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

I believe Amber specifically said that the Uyghur genocide wasn’t real, but it would be good if it was.

something about how murdering women and chlidren is praxis? I was only half listening.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1303788096941686787?s=20

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

I stopped paying attention when Amber started going on about the tall poppies, it's not a gardening podcast ffs

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the latest eps have rocked, WWI stuff is really interesting to me, because i am a huge loser and nerd, but will never read a book

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

well why not posted:

the latest eps have rocked, WWI stuff is really interesting to me, because i am a huge loser and nerd, but will never read a book

Just watch Paths of Glory. You'll get the gist.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Watch that ~30 part BBC documentary on YouTube.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Kingfish posted:

Watch that ~30 part BBC documentary on YouTube.

link?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://youtu.be/8WhqVgXz1UE

Looks like there are 28 episodes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Kingfish posted:

https://youtu.be/8WhqVgXz1UE

Looks like there are 28 episodes.

thanks

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
1917 is more character driven but is a good movie with maybe 4 hard cuts in 2 hours

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Felix’s MMA doc available online or do I gotta buy it off iTunes or something?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Is Felix’s MMA doc available online or do I gotta buy it off iTunes or something?

It’s on YouTube. Fighting In the age of loneliness

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
first google result https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUXSZMIiUfFRSunlJERh9k1RFNnGGhnzG

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Fancy that, the cool and good thread made cool and good content. What's next, overwrought chuds siloing agitprop through antifa gc in an effort to normalize PC Master Race Aryanware bullshit?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

multiple time pod guest with a good review of matty’s book

https://twitter.com/jakebackpack/status/1304031656752316416?s=21

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Oh excuse me, I thought this was the Bush III ratfuck circlejerk handwringing pro-click zone. Meanwhile most of y'all aren't even watching the news.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Just watch Paths of Glory. You'll get the gist.

2nd for Paths of Glory. Also, All Quiet on the Western Front and Galipoli.

I'd also recommend the Hardcore History podcast series on WW1.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Selling you a bridge called Bidrumpf and then wondering why you're back at customer service asking for the momager the next day. We're screwed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

ol yeller posted:

Selling you a bridge called Bidrumpf and then wondering why you're back at customer service asking for the momager the next day. We're screwed.

Hell yeah

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

well why not posted:

It's a fascinating contrast to the overwhelming morality play that WWII is in the current culture. The American involvement was a poo poo show. We basically went in after everyone was tired out and the US officer corps racked up 300k casualties on pointless attacks in a backwater sector of the front for career advancement reasons.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Can't stop lolling at all the Nobummer crowd being grazed out of normality by Covfefe Stumpf whilst've we're continuing to deny culture wars over simple pupperino socialization speculative hooey but, well, that's the 2020s for you.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
reading your posts is like doing crossfit for the first time. its exhilarating, im doing this exciting new thing with my friends for the first time. i can feel the pump in my muscles and strain in my joints as i contort myself through the exercise, imagining how much stronger and flexible i will be for the effort.

in reality im just damaging myself tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

and y'all think he's a bot

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1304216544659091466

folks,,,

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1304230068693143553

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh poo poo I hope he still goes on chapo.

...anyone got an rss feed

edit: https://badfaith.libsyn.com/rss

crepeface fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 11, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

people are going to get big mad about this. Virgil's inbox can likely hold no more.