Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Maybe I'm just picky, but generally speaking any large, prominent flag that isn't communist or LGBT+ is a red flag for me.

edit: wow, terrific page snipe...

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Sep 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
tbf communist flags are often a big red flag too

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

As a communist who doesn’t get along with anarchists, you could say that for me a black flag is a red flag but a red flag is not a red flag.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I need a giant goatse flag

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
i would like a very small flag to cover my extremely small balls

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
a perfeclty smooth flag for my incredibly smooth brain

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Maybe I'm just picky, but generally speaking any large, prominent flag that isn't communist or LGBT+ is a red flag for me.

edit: wow, terrific page snipe...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Flavius Aetass posted:

tbf communist flags are often a big red flag too

:yeah:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

at long last, tge fabled "yellow flag"

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Can't find it but one artist made a bunch of great gadsen flag paordies. Fav was dorky-looking snake with the text "You wouldn't step on a guy with glasses, would you?!"

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
The only flag that matters to me is a pirate flag.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
In some alt-right news from the near north, the guy who assaulted a minor (requiring them to be taken to hospital IIRC) at Hamilton, ON's Pride parade last year pled guilty and is a 'different man' now.

Chris Vanderweide, charged in Pride festival assault, pleads guilty

quote:

Christopher Vanderweide, who's known on social media as "helmet guy," has pleaded guilty to one count of assault with a weapon after violence at a 2019 Pride festival.

Vanderweide was initially charged with two counts of assault with a weapon following a fracas at Pride in the Park on June 15, 2019. The Kitchener man showed up at the festival just after noon with a religious group. Video shows him hitting two people in the face with a helmet.

Vanderweide, 29, entered the guilty plea in Hamilton court on Thursday. He will receive a one-year suspended sentence, which means he won't be incarcerated but has to abide by certain conditions. The conditions of that probationary period include attending anger management counselling.

"All of this definitely probably should have been avoided," said Vanderweide, who wore a face mask that said God taught me. "But now I'm a different man and would like to put this behind us and do something better."

"SIKE! I ain't changed at all," Vanderweide was heard saying later.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

alt-right provocateur went to UCF today to get heckled and lock themselves in a bagel shop

https://twitter.com/dmevns/status/1304127691130638337

https://twitter.com/katvonpoks/status/1304134669567492097

https://twitter.com/k0vr1_/status/1304138984327540736

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Mister Speaker posted:

In some alt-right news from the near north, the guy who assaulted a minor (requiring them to be taken to hospital IIRC) at Hamilton, ON's Pride parade last year pled guilty and is a 'different man' now.

Chris Vanderweide, charged in Pride festival assault, pleads guilty

"SIKE! I ain't changed at all," Vanderweide was heard saying later.

'"All of this definitely probably should have been avoided," said Vanderweide'

yeah inspiring some real confidence in your resolve to learn from this there my man

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hodgepodge posted:

i kind of want to tell the guy... dude, it's not feminism, it's that mustache

and his personality, no doubt, but take away the mustache and he looks fine. the shirt even looks pretty cool. the SPQR flag could be a, uh, red flag, but it could also just be a history buff thing (if we didn't know that it's a red flag here)

Aren't Roman flags used by libertarians? Also this guy totally thinks Ancient Rome was a white ethnostate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/R3volutionDaddy/status/1304148135288221696?s=20

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone in Mexico took out some trash:
https://twitter.com/YDSA_at_BC/status/1303866745778704384

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
^ sounded like the guy was involved in drug trafficking

also this guy below is worth following on rural PNW right-wing militia stuff:

https://twitter.com/RandazzoTweets/status/1304189353715888129

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Kieth

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Aren't Roman flags used by libertarians? Also this guy totally thinks Ancient Rome was a white ethnostate.

pretty much anyone with roman poo poo displayed like that is just straight up fash, though a lot of them like to hide behind the libertarian label because it's still more or less acceptable to identify as such in polite company despite the libertarian movement being absolutely chock full of full on race war white nationalists for decades

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

/Mike Tyson holds two pigeons together

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

also this guy below is worth following on rural PNW right-wing militia stuff:

https://twitter.com/RandazzoTweets/status/1304189353715888129

These pnw nazis are really scary to me, as it seems like they are successful at seizing power situationally in ways the state can’t or won’t stop. It seems like a place where they could subvert the rule of law and break the monopoly on violence. I keep thinking about that manifesto by a state senator about making a new country out of cascadia where they kill all the men who aren’t fascists and enslave all the women.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

from my perspective living in the area, it's much more "won't" than "can't". the cops are edging ever closer to joining the fash

I've spent years now reassuring people that the US Military doesn't have the high fash content necessary to do a military coup. I feel a fool for completely ignoring that the US police could do it on a local level

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

These pnw nazis are really scary to me, as it seems like they are successful at seizing power situationally in ways the state can’t or won’t stop. It seems like a place where they could subvert the rule of law and break the monopoly on violence. I keep thinking about that manifesto by a state senator about making a new country out of cascadia where they kill all the men who aren’t fascists and enslave all the women.
White supremacists dream of creating a white ethno-state. Oregon actually was a white ethnostate. Oregon literally banned black people from living there for a time. At one point there was less than 100 black people in the entire state. As a result it's a magnet for fascist nuts.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

gently caress yeah, go Knights!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Real loss to the human race.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Man Musk posted:

alt-right provocateur went to UCF today to get heckled and lock themselves in a bagel shop

https://twitter.com/dmevns/status/1304127691130638337

chuds know they belong there, seeing as they are doughy and full of holes lmao :cryingproudboy:

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

The fascism out there is barely skin deep. High profile people might think they will raise up some fash army, but the grunts out there are all hopped up on meth and pain pills and are back stabbing petty criminals.

The Klan and several Nazi groups have moved into rural Oregon several times, and have all met the same fate. There is a certain corrosive nature to the place. Boredom, alcohol (and now meth and pills), in fighting, paranoia, and their kids turning into hillbilly crooks, all eventual destroy them.

LordSaturn posted:

from my perspective living in the area, it's much more "won't" than "can't". the cops are edging ever closer to joining the fash

The "won't" also has a lot to do with rural culture. The universal thing is a general distrust of outsiders. To the local cops, these militia guys may be out right criminals, but they are local criminals and the cops there will deal with them without you guys and you big city ideas telling them what to do.

These little towns are cesspits of incest and crime. Anyone there who had legitimate dreams of fascism has already left to places where that grift is more lucrative.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

tbqh I'm more concerned with the ones coming into town

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

but the grunts out there are all hopped up on meth and pain pills and are back stabbing petty criminals.

doesn't this describe like 50% of the blitzkrieg metagame? "make your soldiers fight for two weeks straight, keep them so hopped up on drugs they can't feel themselves physically falling apart from going days without sleep. The offensive push will be over fast enough not to implode due to excessive numbers of personnel dropping dead from being overworked."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
when i was attending a CalState school i complained to the administration about the larouchites because if you argued with them they would immediately call the campus police on you, who would then be regular police dicks and try to scare you off. i actually once got some larouchites to sing at me because they aare apparently known in academic music magazines for trying to push ideas about mind control through tones or some dumb poo poo. its just one of their katamari of crazy non-sensical beliefs

anyway, i spoke to the school administration and as publicly run institutions they have to allow free speech and give space to christian weirdos with their giant abortion walls, the larouchites, etc. but when i complained they acknowledged that it was bullshit that the on-campus police station was being abused by outside parties and told me they would speak with them. don't know what came of it, but i at least did not have to deal with cops when i made fun of them and called them cultists. but if outside agitators are coming to your campus for the specific purpose of stirring up poo poo it's definitely a good idea to speak with the admin and make this known so that if there is an on-campus station it is used to protect the students and not the agitators

i know, gently caress the police, but an on-campus station will have a special relationship with the university that they have to maintain and its possible to leverage that

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

silentsnack posted:

doesn't this describe like 50% of the blitzkrieg metagame? "make your soldiers fight for two weeks straight, keep them so hopped up on drugs they can't feel themselves physically falling apart from going days without sleep. The offensive push will be over fast enough not to implode due to excessive numbers of personnel dropping dead from being overworked."

That works great if they are already trained up to be soldiers, and now they are unstoppable soldier on drugs.

The tweakers out in the woods are all trained up to steal scrap metal, shoot up busted appliances, and rat out their friends, and I suppose they will be unstoppable at that if given enough meth.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sun Tzu? Old hat. Gentlemen, I give you the NEW Art of War! [I hold up season 2 of Justified on DVD]

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

People whose entire lives are punchlines are terrific jokes to enjoy, except that there's usually a mass shooting at the end.

on that note has anyone checked in with two worlds lately

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

This is probably what will happen to Tiny as well, if I recall he tends to make the same trip from Mexico up a known drug corridor every few months.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
What's the deal with Angela nagle

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Ash Crimson posted:

She's a nazi friendly charlatan. Wrote a big book on how the alt right is identity politics fault.

She's a grifter who pretends at being a leftist.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

Started out studying nazis and got radicalized by them.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Started out studying nazis and got radicalized by them.

Yeah i'm pretty sure what happened was that she took internet nazis at their word when they talked about tumblr causing them and decided to keep on going with that so she's happy to write for all the right-wing idea-laundering rags like spiked and american affairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Seems kind of similar to Pim Tool in that you position yourself left-adjacent at the beginnings of your alt-right career?