Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Shithouse trade deal

https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1304362593948176384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Isn't it significantly worse than the one the EU recently signed with Japan?

https://twitter.com/katyballs/status/1304362218943918082

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Starmer and labour frantically triangulating to fight against Boris at the next election, just to be swept by Rishi Sunak who has a better haircut is pretty much unavoidable.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CancerCakes posted:

Starmer and labour frantically triangulating to fight against Boris at the next election, just to be swept by Rishi Sunak who has a better haircut is pretty much unavoidable.

Absolutely. Boris was strong against Corbyn because Brexit and associated tub-thumping patriotism were his biggest weaknesses in the eyes of key voters (alongside media representation which BozzaLegernd was always going to win at)

Starmer, for all his faults, provides a challenge that Johnson isn't at all well-equipped to deal with, so it makes all the sense in the world for the Tories to swap out their 'mon to have an advantage again. It's only a question of who and when.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I still think Rishi's name is going to be dirt in six months when the arse inevitably falls out of the British economy.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I suspect the answer is 'yes' but has anyone in this thread tried Gulab Jamuns? If so is it better to eat it cold, warm or hot?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you hadn't specified that you intended to eat it I wouldn't have known if it was a food, service, article of clothing, person, or practice.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

bessantj posted:

I suspect the answer is 'yes' but has anyone in this thread tried Gulab Jamuns? If so is it better to eat it cold, warm or hot?

Yes, and they are best eaten warm/hot with single cream or ice cream

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

If you hadn't specified that you intended to eat it I wouldn't have known if it was a food, service, article of clothing, person, or practice.

Donning my Gulab Jamuns and quaffing a quick Gulab Jamuns, I hurriedly leave the house to attend my Gulab Jamuns appointment. Gulab Jamuns will be pissed that I'm late, but he'll forgive me later (and maybe we'll get up to some Gulab Jamuns ;))

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

I still think Rishi's name is going to be dirt in six months when the arse inevitably falls out of the British economy.

This is also likely, but the election is far enough away that Rishi will the rehabilitated by then, and being able to say no one would have done better and you agreed with everything we did will be the easy answer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Did we get the Stilton clause we were holding out for?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that the movie where if you eat a block of stilton you turn into a block of stilton?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Donning my Gulab Jamuns and quaffing a quick Gulab Jamuns, I hurriedly leave the house to attend my Gulab Jamuns appointment. Gulab Jamuns will be pissed that I'm late, but he'll forgive me later (and maybe we'll get up to some Gulab Jamuns ;))

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Ugh, uncultured swine! It's something I've seen at my local bazaar that has interested me but it's taken me 3 years to work up the courage to buy some.

CyberPingu posted:

Yes, and they are best eaten warm/hot with single cream or ice cream

Many thanks.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Here's something I love about being a manager. There are two girls working in my office. They loving gossip non stop and do no work when I'm out of the office.

Usually I go out for an hour at 12,30 or 1ish for lunch and I know they just do gently caress all while I'm gone even though they take their lunches at 12.

Today I'm hanging around in the office and skipping my lunch. They keep casually mentioning the time in conversation as if to remind me it's time for me to leave so they can skive off for an hour.

I'm skipping lunch just to gently caress them off lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

Did we get the Stilton clause we were holding out for?

I think so despite the fact that nobody in Japan will eat mouldy cheese

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

communism bitch posted:

Here's something I love about being a manager. There are two girls working in my office. They loving gossip non stop and do no work when I'm out of the office.

Usually I go out for an hour at 12,30 or 1ish for lunch and I know they just do gently caress all while I'm gone even though they take their lunches at 12.

Today I'm hanging around in the office and skipping my lunch. They keep casually mentioning the time in conversation as if to remind me it's time for me to leave so they can skive off for an hour.

Ether you die a communist bitch or you live long enough to see yourself become the management bastard.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ether you die a communist bitch or you live long enough to see yourself become the management bastard.

In a few years' time he's gonna somehow become the duke of the castle he works at

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

communism bitch posted:

oh no people might not be productive 100% of the time! gently caress them, right? thank god for managers

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

communism bitch posted:

This is a bad post.

E; and to think I once voted you my favourite poster in the UKMT.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Don't become managers folks. I've walked too far down a dark path and there's no going back for me.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Gonzo McFee posted:

management bastard.

no gods no managers

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

communism bitch posted:

May there be a hell for you

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bessantj posted:

Ugh, uncultured swine! It's something I've seen at my local bazaar that has interested me but it's taken me 3 years to work up the courage to buy some.

Many thanks.

My local indian does them and I think the cook them in some sort of syrup. Likely golden syrup or something

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could just tell them they can bunk off as much as they like as long as they get the actual necessary stuff done. You ain't paying them.

CyberPingu posted:

My local indian does them and I think the cook them in some sort of syrup. Likely golden syrup or something

Looking them up they're fried balls of milk solid dough which is then left to stand in a pan of hot sugar syrup to soak.

So it seems basically like a sticky toffee pudding but different.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

communism bitch posted:

gently caress you

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Use it as a reason to go for longer lunches. Everybody wins. (Except the boot of capitalism, which makes an incalcuably small loss).

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

You could just tell them they can bunk off as much as they like as long as they get the actual necessary stuff done. You ain't paying them.

job and knock is the one true way

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Petition to rename communism bitch into feudalism bitch.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MirrorMoney/status/1304364923825381377?s=19

who could have predicted it

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

communism bitch posted:

Imagine skipping your lunch break to own your fellow proles lol

thrashingteeth fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 11, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol starmer wants rid of richard leonard except the only person who could rely on to do it, the sole scottish labour mp, got outed as nearly joining CHUK and now has no authority

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

What a totally unpredictable turn of events!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

I think I'm going to warm a couple up and just try them, then try some with ice cream.

kecske posted:

job and knock is the one true way

It is. I hate working for certain people who will find bullshit jobs just to keep you there for the full shift.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

Petition to rename communism bitch into feudalism bitch.

Petty bourgeois bitch

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Looking them up they're fried balls of milk solid dough which is then left to stand in a pan of hot sugar syrup to soak.

So it seems basically like a sticky toffee pudding but different.

Yeah pretty much.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jose posted:

lol starmer wants rid of richard leonard except the only person who could rely on to do it, the sole scottish labour mp, got outed as nearly joining CHUK and now has no authority

Lol like that'll stop them.

Funny thing is Starmer knew about it and wanted him to keep quiet. Rancid wee prick this MI5 lawyer twat is.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

communism bitch posted:

Don't become managers folks. I've walked too far down a dark path and there's no going back for me.

Nah gently caress that, take some responsibility

That was a poo poo post and a poo poo thing to do, shape up

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/11/coronavirus-cases-in-england-doubling-every-eight-days-study-shows?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Ooh yeah, let's see that second wave baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

communism bitch posted:

Here, you should come out to lunch with us. Al fresco, by this lovely shady wall over here. Would you like a Woodbine or a Pall Mall to go with it? And we have this lovely fetching blindfold we thought you might like.