Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Hey there’s still gas left in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Need trade advice 1PPR:
Miles Sanders vs Conner and Kupp

The WR would be replacing christian Kirk/Sterling Shepard.

Mistakes were made in my auction draft.

Could ride it out with the bottom tier WRs I have and hope Renfrow, Reagor, or Shenault breaks out or even that Kirk and Shepard have good enough years.

freeman fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 11, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/tracywolfson/status/1304120790326095873?s=19

have fun!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
And Sammy Watkins going to break people's hearts after week 1 again (even if that's called back)

Edit: Made a GDT for fantasy: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939980

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 11, 2020

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Silly Burrito posted:

And Sammy Watkins going to break people's hearts after week 1 again (even if that's called back)

Edit: Made a GDT for fantasy: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939980

Good idea!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Deshaun "Garbage Time" Watson everybody!

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
I'll take it! Garbage time CMC was my savior last season

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Eagles fan with different spin - Boston Scott showed us too much last season to be a non-contributor.

Scott will probably get 5-8 touches a game a la Sproles. I agree that he showed some juice last year and earned some plays this year. You should still be able to safely pencil Sanders in for a floor of 20 touches each week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm a clown that drafted Mike Gesicki and Jonnu Smith in both my leagues, thinking it was smart to have both so if one gets hurt or falls off a cliff I have another respectable TE on the roster, but I was iffy on it. I also happen to have Preston Williams on both rosters thus meaning I have two receiving threats from... the lowly Dolphins. Now I've seen the wisdom in this thread so I'm thinking of dropping Gesicki for a RB or WR. Doing so means I start Jonnu vs the Broncos and i have to hope the hype I have for him is for real.

In my 12 team 17 round draft league the pickings are currently slim across the board unless I want to gamble on a Jaguars WR thats not Chark or something else along those lines; the only exception that I see is Derrick Henry's backup (and possible successor, I guess?) Darrynton Evans is available. Is dropping Gesicki for Evans worth it?

In the 10 team 16 round draft there are a ton of WRs available but pickings are slim at RB and I already have Gibson (drafted pretty late compared to how he's gone in like the 4th in some drafts), James Robinson (last pick), AJ Dillon (late pick hoping to be a good keeper option), Jordan Howard, and David Montgomery on my bench.
Darrynton Evans is available here too, along with Anthony McFarland Jr., Gio Bernard, Bryce Love.
Justin Jefferson, Van Jefferson, Laviska Shenault Jr., Michael Pittman Jr, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, and Parris Campbell headline WRs available.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I wouldn't drop Gesicki at this point for someone like Evans. Evans likely won't be used too much early on in the season. If shenault is available then I'd maybe go for him. Don't hesitate to drop whoever looks like they're getting less usage after week 1 to pick up someone on the waiver wire though.

In that second league Parris Campbell probably has the most likely amount of usage early on in the season and I'd probably think about grabbing him.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Drafted Evans 35th OVR and he's already benched lmbo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

ex post facho posted:

Drafted Evans 35th OVR and he's already benched lmbo

He can sit next to Brandon Cooks!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Spoeank posted:

He's active but ehhhhh I'm not gonna risk it

Didn't risk it in my deep leagues where I had him penciled in as the starter. Go.... Jalen Reagor I guess?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I've got the #2 waiver spot and Sammy Watkins is available. Though i'm already full of high upside bench WR's with injury concerns already.

Bench: Sutton, AJ Green, Brandin Cooks, Jalen Raegor, Boston Scott, Darrel Williams.

I should definitely drop Darrel to put in a claim yea? Darrel does look like he has a stranglehold on 3rd/passing down RB atm, but CEH looked just too good and i don't expect the Chefs to be playing from behind much this year.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 11, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Do you have to decide before the Sunday games? There very well may be other people who are surprising this weekend.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

https://imgur.com/gallery/MrG2XFc

What’s the best position to target with these scoring settings? Am I still looking for a tackle hungry linebacker?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

What’s the best position to target with these scoring settings? Am I still looking for a tackle hungry linebacker?

Yeah, as the resident booster for going for OLBs if the settings say you should, your scoring is super favorable for tackle machines.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm not gonna lie, scrolling down and once i hit the face, i got a little startled for a sec.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

RCarr posted:

Middle linebackers and Strong Safeties are your friend.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
For .5 PPR, I'm trying to figure out which of my lovely RBs I should start this week. I need to pick two of Melvin Gordon, Raheem Mostert, and Cam Aker.

I'm leaning towards sitting Aker this week. I think he has a ton of potential this year, but nothing the Rams have said have given me any confidence that he is safe to start week 1. Mostert finished the year on a tear last season and got pretty consistent touches. Melvin Gordon has a tough matchup but is a better pass-catcher than Lindsay if and when they start playing catch-up.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

il serpente cosmico posted:

For .5 PPR, I'm trying to figure out which of my lovely RBs I should start this week. I need to pick two of Melvin Gordon, Raheem Mostert, and Cam Aker.

I'm leaning towards sitting Aker this week. I think he has a ton of potential this year, but nothing the Rams have said have given me any confidence that he is safe to start week 1. Mostert finished the year on a tear last season and got pretty consistent touches. Melvin Gordon has a tough matchup but is a better pass-catcher than Lindsay if and when they start playing catch-up.

You don't start Cam until that backfield clears up a bit honestly.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

VietCampo posted:

You don't start Cam until that backfield clears up a bit honestly.

This was my same thought, thanks. Seeing certain "experts" rank him above my other two guys in week 1 had me second-guessing myself.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1304508822111817730?s=19

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1304503092851937282?s=19

I was so happy to avoid drafting wrs in that tier and feel incredibly validated despite the injuries having little to do with their adp

Guess I just like being a smug poo poo

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Guess I just like being a smug poo poo

That’s the majority of the fun of fantasy anyway, making GBS threads on owners in bad situations through no fault of their own, feeling superior for having “randomly” selected a player currently not injured or suspended, knowing full well fate could easily look unfavorably upon us at any moment as well. Cause it could be any of us. And it will be. But not me.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Since there is no Sit/Start thread, who would you play between Nyheim Hines @ JAX and Jalen Reagor @ WSH, 0.5PPR and punt/return yards (0.8/0.4 per 10 yards respectively). I was not anticipating so many WR being secretly injured before the season started. No idea how many series/sets Reagor will be in, but not sure how much work Hines will get with Taylor and Mack outside of returns.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just a heads-up, the 49ers/Cardinals game is in Santa Clara this Sunday and there's some talk it could wind up postponed or relocated if the air quality remains very poor.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/11/nfl-monitoring-air-quality-in-santa-clara-which-could-be-issue-for-sundays-game/

That's a 4:25pm game so make sure you have someone you can sub in for your niners/cards starters playing sunday night or monday if need be.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Since there is no Sit/Start thread, who would you play between Nyheim Hines @ JAX and Jalen Reagor @ WSH, 0.5PPR and punt/return yards (0.8/0.4 per 10 yards respectively). I was not anticipating so many WR being secretly injured before the season started. No idea how many series/sets Reagor will be in, but not sure how much work Hines will get with Taylor and Mack outside of returns.

I go Raegor, but who else is available?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Just a heads-up, the 49ers/Cardinals game is in Santa Clara this Sunday and there's some talk it could wind up postponed or relocated if the air quality remains very poor.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/11/nfl-monitoring-air-quality-in-santa-clara-which-could-be-issue-for-sundays-game/

That's a 4:25pm game so make sure you have someone you can sub in for your niners/cards starters playing sunday night or monday if need be.

Everything I am seeing is that we will probably know tomorrow whats gonna happen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Leperflesh posted:

They're division rivals, why dont they just swap home games so they can take more time to prepare for if the air quality is bad? :psyduck:

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Golladay being doubtful means I will be starting both Jeudy and Ruggs with Shenault on my bench so uhhh go rookies.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

I go Raegor, but who else is available?

Greg Olson, Rex Burkhead, Damiere Byrd

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They're division rivals, why dont they just swap home games so they can take more time to prepare for if the air quality is bad? :psyduck:

Yea, this would make sense. Especially since there are no live fans with tickets. I think it is supposed to get a little better towards Sunday, as I sit here in 220 AQI.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

It is currently 249 up in Portland. 2020 is truly the nightmare that keeps on giving

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Pain of Mind posted:

I think I have to roll Reagor out, especially if Montgomery or Miles Sanders can't go. I actually don't feel too bad about it. He'll get his first shot against a lovely team.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I feel like I’m going to choose wrong in my flex spot every week between Beckham. Mack, and Jonathan Taylor

Best I can hope for is that it really was injuries causing ineffectiveness this past year for Odell

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Greg Olson, Rex Burkhead, Damiere Byrd

Yea, this would make sense. Especially since there are no live fans with tickets. I think it is supposed to get a little better towards Sunday, as I sit here in 220 AQI.

il serpente cosmico posted:

It is currently 249 up in Portland. 2020 is truly the nightmare that keeps on giving

460 here today, couple hours south of the fires. It’s hosed.

freeman posted:

I think I have to roll Reagor out, especially if Montgomery or Miles Sanders can't go. I actually don't feel too bad about it. He'll get his first shot against a lovely team.

Id roll Reagor as well, seems like the most likely to get anything out of Hines and Reagor.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

the_american_dream posted:

I feel like I’m going to choose wrong in my flex spot every week between Beckham. Mack, and Jonathan Taylor

Best I can hope for is that it really was injuries causing ineffectiveness this past year for Odell

What rules? I'd play Odell unless and until Mack or Taylor establish themselves as lead back. Plus Indy's O line is banged up.

Stefanski is a run first guy but he's at least competent, unlike Kitchens. I think Odell will bounce back big if Mayfield hasn't been totally ruined.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

If Allen Robinson can be fantasy relevant with Trubisky then Beckham can be with Mayfield.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dkj posted:

If Allen Robinson can be fantasy relevant with Trubisky then Beckham can be with Mayfield.

Yeah, and without looking because who cares about actual facts, I wanna say Beckham was a low end WR2/high end WR3 and Landry was a mid WR2, so we've already seen Beckham be fantasy relevant with Baker and that Baker is good enough for his WRs in fantasy.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m thinking of dropping a bench player to pick up Roethlisberger (at NYG) to start this week. Have Kyler Murray but Cards are at SF and that spooks me. Anthony Miller is the dude I’d drop I think

1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 2 FLX

QB Murray
WR Michael Thomas
RB Conner
TE Kelce
FLX Gallup
FLX Chark

Bench:

Jordan Howard
Diontae Johnson
Boston Scott
Zack Moss
Anthony Miller

Miller is better than anyone else available on waivers according to Fantasy Pros

Tell me if I’m being stupid considering this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Start Murray, don’t second guess yourself in week 1

It’s entirely possible ben has a better game than Murray this week but don’t sacrifice a lottery ticket on miller for that delta.

Every position but WR and RB (and ideally only WR) should be about maximizing points while minimizing decision making.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 12, 2020