Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if virgil had to totally Log Off for his mental health, especially considering how invested he was in the primaries - it’s pretty lovely to hold that against him at this point. yeah he should have responded to people or w/e but it’s just cruel to keep harping on it after he’s been back for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lol people that think of twitter as anything beyond cracking wise and self promotion are so weird

my posts are very important!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Also bad faith actually does have a patreon if you want to subscribe. I didn't like the first episode so probably won't

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I don't respond to concerned friends sometimes too but I don't need a podcast or another podcast to do it :smug:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Heh, I'll do you one better- if you wait long enough they stop being either concerned or your friend :smuggo:

(not a dig at Virgil btw)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

THS posted:

if virgil had to totally Log Off for his mental health, especially considering how invested he was in the primaries - it’s pretty lovely to hold that against him at this point. yeah he should have responded to people or w/e but it’s just cruel to keep harping on it after he’s been back for months
I’m assuming that is what happened, but i remember that he sent some kind of message to the other Chapo guys which pissed Matt off and I don’t think we ever found out what it was all about

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m assuming that is what happened, but i remember that he sent some kind of message to the other Chapo guys which pissed Matt off and I don’t think we ever found out what it was all about

He sent them a bit to play on the pod but they refused since he was incommunicado besides.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

AnimeIsTrash posted:

An episode about board culture without Felix. :chloe:

I know right? One of the guests was clearly looking forward to chatting with him about it too 😞

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

My understanding was that it was something along the lines of "Lol bernie burnz I was plant all the time get fukd AYABTU m8s <3 xxw33dl0rdBonerHitler42069"

This made Matt angry because xxw33dl0rdBonerHitler42069 is the password to his Robinhood and his Runescape accounts.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the Australian matt rules lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

FlamingLiberal posted:

He sent some sort of audio he wanted to be played but they didn't play it because of some reason that you could speculate on if you want to be insane about your parasocial internet friends who don't know you exist, and heck, lots of people have

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

He sent them a bit to play on the pod but they refused since he was incommunicado besides.

I hope it wasn't the Dominos/Papa John's thing, otherwise they did him a favor

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

papa horny michael posted:

the Australian matt rules lol

Hes got the Ian Miles Cheong online disease of being invested in the politics of a country you dont live in

coathat
May 21, 2007

Thats all Australians

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I like Brie and Virgil and dig the premise of putting her sincerity against his poisoned brain, but the panel part was boring. It might be because there's nothing interesting to analyze about why Biden's campaign sucks, so maybe other episodes will be fine.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/BoDietl/status/1073721710472519680

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

I like Brie and Virgil and dig the premise of putting her sincerity against his poisoned brain, but the panel part was boring. It might be because there's nothing interesting to analyze about why Biden's campaign sucks, so maybe other episodes will be fine.

I found it OK. It seems aimed at normies and getting them to accept the leftist frame on things by giving them a McGlaughin Group style talk show, which is something they can process.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

That is a flat out lie. The Bernie campaign was extremely effective in funneling young idealistic leftist money into the Democratic party where it belongs. :colbert:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I hope it wasn't the Dominos/Papa John's thing, otherwise they did him a favor

I'm now 100% sure it was that same bit and this has become head canon.

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 11, 2020

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Eustace posted:

Hes got the Ian Miles Cheong online disease of being invested in the politics of a country you dont live in

actually he's just funny and post

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

papa horny michael posted:

actually he's just funny and post

I dont know. I had to unfollow him because every once in a while he does a bitchy subtweet about some new york comedian or podcaster Im vaguely aware of and Im overcome with secondhand embarrassment for everybody involved

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im gonna start a podcast. i'll mix a 5 minute disconcerting intro of samples i lift from youtube, record a plithy 3 minute intro, and then sucker 4 other assholes to record the actual episode for me. gonna be sweet when im showered in patreon dollars.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Eustace posted:

I dont know. I had to unfollow him because every once in a while he does a bitchy subtweet about some new york comedian or podcaster Im vaguely aware of and Im overcome with secondhand embarrassment for everybody involved

sounds about right. glad i deleted twitter

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

THS posted:

lovely country full of lovely people who believe every problem is your fault and any response just proves you deserved it. Every new piece of information is just a tool to win a lovely argument.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

“I don’t get why we accept the right’s framing.” Ten minutes later literally says “Democrat Party”

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Proust Malone posted:

“I don’t get why we accept the right’s framing.” Ten minutes later literally says “Democrat Party”

Lol does anyone actually care about this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It actually does drive me nuts because I know what it comes from so it works I guess.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

Lol does anyone actually care about this

Guess the fight is over and lost but I remember when it was a deliberate epithet of southern shitheads like Jesse Helms.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Eustace posted:

This is true but so does literally every other twitter person with over 1,000 followers.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Groovelord Neato posted:

They aren't the poster was laughing at Matt V. Brady's tweet about ignoring "concerned friends" as just twitter followers when Virgil really did ignore messages from his friends for awhile. Obviously water under the bridge with the Chapos now but Matt's tweet was accurate.

Yeah that's kinda dickish since none of us know what he was dealing with, he doesn't owe anyone an explanation

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I barely hear anybody call it "The Democrat(ic) party" at all, it's usually "the democrats".

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
virgil owes me a response to every one of my emails about stuff only tangentially related to him over the past two years IMO

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
weird virgil and briahna left Tom off from the announcement? is this what centering poc voices is, that they'll soft announce tom as the host in a few week.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Myers/status/1304500126321381378?s=20

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1304465893456596993

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Motto posted:

I barely hear anybody call it "The Democrat(ic) party" at all, it's usually "the democrats".

Fox News made a major effort to call it "the Democrat party" instead of the actual name.

I think because "democratic" is seen as a good thing.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Now I know the last time this thread speculated on virgil's absence they were completely wrong but here is what I think is happening:

Virgil was siphoning funds from the concerned chapo crew when he was on radio silence, meanwhile he had started a second, fake podcast network that he was smooshing about plotting a media comeback in the new fascistic state of america. There are already a dozen episodes of that podcast out but you can only find it by doing an arg you find the clues for on his only fans (which is under a different name)

You see, Virgil all this time has actually been fighting a secret war against fascist billionaires by aligning himself with the shell apparatus of the bernie campaign. They are aligned with kobe bryant who is still alive and the Wachowskis sisters as they infiltrate secret cult orgies. They have discovered that the fashinaires are using the negative psychic energy of 2020 in a plot to raise thule and use it as leyline to begin the exterminationist plot as it is the only way to protect the remnants of capital in the great collapse.

So please don't make fun of virgil he is doing important work.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Virgil is good sorry nerds.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Christman found out Virgil is Q but can't talk about it without endangering his wife

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
do not assassinate my wife

red19fire
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1304506492939366405?s=20

Hey everyone, fan favorite Eichenwald has finally achieved his revenge against the dastardly ANTIFA super soldiers that sent him flashing Pokemon gifs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

prefect posted:

Fox News made a major effort to call it "the Democrat party" instead of the actual name.

I think because "democratic" is seen as a good thing.

i believe it was specifically because according to frank luntz's polling, people respond more negatively to "democrat party" than "democratic party"