Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So I've been told the pvp corps stumbled upon a Gurista Deadspace, and the loot came out to be 3.5 bil, 80% of the market value of the loot.

This is why we moved to Tribute. Go get filthy rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Blood has been spilled at the MO-E gate. I think we’re up to 20+ dead battlecruisers and 5 or so large industrial ships. Stay out of null, kids.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
And this was just the first trickle. Let the kills flow!

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
In EO you could do a trick shot in frigs, you shoot your prey at gate warp away then warp back and you have 5 min timer of uninterrupted whatever you want to do which resets Everytime you attack. I am not sure of that mechanic is in EE though. Once you learn the mechanics you can do crazy stuff. I do find it weird you do not have that 5 second invul timer when undock and sometimes am dead before my screen even loads.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the mechanics are nearly identical, a lot of it seems copy and pasted from EO somehow, like how concord response times and spawn locations and everything related to ganking was pretty much the same, despite never being intended in the game.

if you think it could work in EE and itworked in EO, there is a good chance it works in EE

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Mining space rocks is just as boring as it is in EO. Actually it's worse because if I AFK and switch to YouTube or whatever on my phone, Toilet Eve randomly drops connection. So I literally have to sit and watch my mining lasers slowly circulate.

I think mining might be an activity reserved for home where I can have something else going on.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

JagerNinja posted:

I think it makes sense as a progression of the player experience: highsec = you're safe everywhere; lowsec = you're safe near stations and guns, but look out everywhere else; nullsec = in space, no one can hear you scream and don't fly here with anything you're not prepared to lose.

Obviously that's not how EO does it, but EE doesn't have to do everything the way EO does it.

the idea that "you're safe" could mean anything actually useful in eve is an alien and baffling concept, and actually using it could get people to not completely ignore lowsec in this iteration

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I do hope they bring in abyssal deadspace for moneymaking, they're blitzable, and great money for cruiser/frigate ratting, and they don't depend on external factors like system quality.

You're liable to get blown up if you're dumb though, frigates require manual piloting in order to not potentially evaporate.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 11, 2020

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.

Gawain The Blind posted:

Mining space rocks is just as boring as it is in EO. Actually it's worse because if I AFK and switch to YouTube or whatever on my phone, Toilet Eve randomly drops connection. So I literally have to sit and watch my mining lasers slowly circulate.

I think mining might be an activity reserved for home where I can have something else going on.

Just do your mining on bluestacks like all us cool kids. Then you can watch yer vids while you poop in peace.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DeepSpaceBeans posted:

Just do your mining on bluestacks like all us cool kids. Then you can watch yer vids while you poop in peace.

Or use split view, in Android press the show open apps button (alt+tab equiv) tap the app icon of the app that is currently open and press "open in split screen view" you will now have half your screen that is that app the other half will be the alt tab. Select the app you want in the 2nd half of the screen. You can move the middle of the screen to change how much each app takes up of your screen. EVE doesn't love this but you can monitor your EVE account keep it active and then just slide to make the EVE app take up 100% of the screen basically returning you to full screen and closing your youtube video quickly if you need to bail because a neutral just warped into your anom or whatever. If you just need to switch rocks the UI should still be responsive enough even while squished to do that.

You must tab the app's icon not the app window on the alt tab for the first program to engage split screen, the second one you have to tab the window like you are selecting it. It's rather awkward and not intuitive at all.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Whenever I restore EE from a split-screen, the whole interface scales weird and I can't really do anything. I always have to restart it after.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Whenever I restore EE from a split-screen, the whole interface scales weird and I can't really do anything. I always have to restart it after.

If that happens just minimizing to the home menu and opening again usually fixes the UI and the game is still where you left it. Not good for PvP though! I get a messed up UI sometimes after opening chat but not actually chatting (like type something then the person leaves to I delete it then close) the UI buttons like chat and ship mods are at mid screen and my target list is off the screen making it a horrid mess.

I find it restores properly if I hold it in landscape and have them side by side it get's messy if they are on top and bottom. Where you split matters!

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So I made a little guide for editing your overview. :eng101:

http://imgur.com/gallery/DrQdcGg

If you deselect all the boxes in the ships category, you can filter by standing, and it will still show the ship type in the right panel with the filter tags.

You can also make and save multiple overviews for different stuff.

I couldn't get friendly ships off my overview forever. It was because I was combining ship check boxes with standing check boxes and thinking they could correlate. Then I had Big McHuge share an overview with me and I investigated the magic. I can now also see enemy drones which is a big win.

Jaxic
Aug 26, 2020

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I couldn't get friendly ships off my overview forever. It was because I was combining ship check boxes with standing check boxes and thinking they could correlate. Then I had Big McHuge share an overview with me and I investigated the magic. I can now also see enemy drones which is a big win.

Nothing gathers more salt then killing someone's 5m isk drones.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

darthzeta88 posted:

I do find it weird you do not have that 5 second invul timer when undock and sometimes am dead before my screen even loads.

The invulnerability timer is in the game when undocking but you only get this timer if you do nothing but undock. If you undock via autopilot or manually undock then press autopilot right after, your ship is going to be doing things while you're loading into space and the station campers make a meal out of your ship.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Quick PSA, you can make the new BC combat effective comparable to a T6 Cruiser with just Tech 3/4 skills, a couple days to a week of training (depending on your SP rate), and a few million to pay for the skills. Shield Operation (for a shield booster), afterburner (if you're going to fit one), and Medium Decomposser Operation/Upgrade (when you can get it) will get you most of the benefit you can. It will be slow, you'll have to watch the capacitor usage (probably going to want to fit a battery), and it will feel weaker than it should, all because you can't train the battlecruiser skills but it works for T5 missions at least. Also, as noted earlier, don't take it anywhere in null. Once you hit Tech 5 you can mitigate some of the cap problems with medium NOS, but it works before then.

If nothing else it makes for a super easy and quick dual-box alt for running missions.

Edit:
I didn't try it yet but even if you lose the ship and thus need to use another weapon system on the replacement hull it should still be comparable to a trainer cruiser at the minimum, and would only get better as you skill up.

nessin fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 11, 2020

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

nessin posted:

Quick PSA, you can make the new BC combat effective comparable to a T6 Cruiser with just Tech 3/4 skills, a couple days to a week of training (depending on your SP rate), and a few million to pay for the skills. Shield Operation (for a shield booster), afterburner (if you're going to fit one), and Medium Decomposser Operation/Upgrade (when you can get it) will get you most of the benefit you can. It will be slow, you'll have to watch the capacitor usage (probably going to want to fit a battery), and it will feel weaker than it should, all because you can't train the battlecruiser skills but it works for T5 missions at least. Also, as noted earlier, don't take it anywhere in null. Once you hit Tech 5 you can mitigate some of the cap problems with medium NOS, but it works before then.

If nothing else it makes for a super easy and quick dual-box alt for running missions.

Edit:
I didn't try it yet but even if you lose the ship and thus need to use another weapon system on the replacement hull it should still be comparable to a trainer cruiser at the minimum, and would only get better as you skill up.

I just don't think it's worth risking losing the thing by taking it out even with a great fit without battlecruiser skilling. The thing takes almost 9 seconds to warp out currently, and considering it's pretty much a glass cannon anyway, that's why the killmails on them are racking up since yesterday.
Wait until T7 to train into it and reduce the risk of losing it to something avoidable, as far as I'm aware we have no idea when or where we'll be able to get another one of these things for a long time.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Cab-Yue prototype is insurable. No way to get more decomposers from drops though

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

I just don't think it's worth risking losing the thing by taking it out even with a great fit without battlecruiser skilling. The thing takes almost 9 seconds to warp out currently, and considering it's pretty much a glass cannon anyway, that's why the killmails on them are racking up since yesterday.
Wait until T7 to train into it and reduce the risk of losing it to something avoidable, as far as I'm aware we have no idea when or where we'll be able to get another one of these things for a long time.

Yeah it's got something like 6k base shields and 2k armor. Kill the shields and it pops in a hurry. And since most goons tend to shoot lasers...

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

lampey posted:

Cab-Yue prototype is insurable. No way to get more decomposers from drops though

I always forget about insurance. Either way yeah you lose the good decomposers and then either have to use the civilian ones or buy new ones at an absurd price. Still don't really think it's worth risking it from being underskilled.

rocketrobot posted:

Yeah it's got something like 6k base shields and 2k armor. Kill the shields and it pops in a hurry. And since most goons tend to shoot lasers...

yeah especially considering a lot of our people so far have skilled into armor instead of shields, it seems unwise to fly right now. I'm sure a lot of us have started to cross train but regardless.

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 11, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gimme dem skill points.

quote:

Greetings Capsuleers!

1) The rewards from our 30-day community pre-registration event will be issued on Sunday, **September 13 at 00:01 UTC**. All pilots will receive the following:
**2 Medium Ship Skin Packs**
**5 Engineering Rig Packs**
**5 Electronic Rig Packs**
**10 Insurance Vouchers**
**200,000 Skill Points**

2) Also, the second wave of skill point compensation from a previous bug will be issued next **Wednesday (September 16)**.

Thanks for your continued support! @everyone

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

brb injecting all the sp right into my brain

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Quit giving out free rigs. I need those blueprint prices to stay high. :mad:

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

Usenet Magic-User posted:

What is this magic you speak of?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

I said don't take it into null. Also I said great for encounters. How are you going to lose it in an encounter? None of the currently available ones have tacklers, but even if they did (or you use it for a story mission), you can just be pre-aligned and warp out before they get in range. It isn't rocket science to be perfectly safe while using it.

I always forget about insurance. Either way yeah you lose the good decomposers and then either have to use the civilian ones or buy new ones at an absurd price. Still don't really think it's worth risking it from being underskilled.

yeah especially considering a lot of our people so far have skilled into armor instead of shields, it seems unwise to fly right now. I'm sure a lot of us have started to cross train but regardless.

It's not going to beat out a regular battlecruiser. The thing is great because it requires fewer skills to work with (well, I suppose also being free). If you're not selling the decomposers then you shouldn't be that worried about losing them because when you actually want to fly a battlecruiser in PvP, you'll want to fly something else anyways.

As for skills, the whole point of my post was to use on an unskilled alt as an easy entry into cruiser content before the alt could otherwise do cruiser content.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

imPerpetual posted:

What is this magic you speak of?

https://wiki.goosefleet.cx/Customizing_Your_Overview

filter out ship types, filter by standing

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also you can get someone to share theirs in chat which surprisingly works!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Also you can get someone to share theirs in chat which surprisingly works!

if you have sent someone a tell you can even send it to just them, great for alts

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?

You get a full set of the decomposers when you do the insurance claim so you don't lose them, ever, as far as I can tell from getting blown up in both the Chinese ships

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

rocketrobot posted:

And since most goons tend to shoot lasers...

Is there a reason we did that? Who knows when ammo will be a thing, but I'm kinda regretting sticking to Amarr ships at the moment.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I can't speak for anyone else but I got into Amarr ships because during the time I played EO I never even sat in one.

No regrets, lasers are fun.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Is there a reason we did that? Who knows when ammo will be a thing, but I'm kinda regretting sticking to Amarr ships at the moment.

Why? They're pretty good and they counter the existing shield/missile meta very hard.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They are also super cheap and melt the standard meta of Caldari

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

It just takes a few days to reach 4/3 in both operation and upgrade skill in a different weapon system. Until you're flying ships with an Advanced weapon hull bonus that gets you to as effective as most people will get until they start training long haul skills. And if you actually have been hyper focused on Amarr ships, you're so far ahead of the game compared to most players that even if there was a disadvantage to it, which there isn't really, you'd still be stronger just by virtue of having several laser 5 skills.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Amarr ships are the second fastest and got a decent speed boost from eo. Good against the caldari shield meta. The damage and range is fine on lasers, specifically the short range medium lasers are better than other short range weapon types and cap use is manageable with ship bonuses without a lot of skill investment. Lasers, Amarr wrecks, blueprints, datacores, and most armor tanking items are cheap. Armor repairers have lower cap use/more efficiency than shield boosters. The maller is good for alpha clones, and doesnt need expensive medium drones.

The game is only 4 weeks old and they are giving out free sp, and no need for racial hull skills. So you can cross train easily. Cyclone looks really strong

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

amarr ships are extremely good i don't know why you wouldn't like them unless you just think they're ugly. they're cheap, tanky as gently caress, and 2nd fastest in the game

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You forgot their best feature they are the most phallic.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Amarr datacores are dirt cheap too so very cheap reverse engineering bps

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I can use everything but rail guns and medium cannons just fine. I like options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Why would you want to shoot anything other than lasers? Oh I’ll take a gun instead of a laser... UH NO.

I can’t wait to get an Amarr BS in two years that I never undock.