Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm guessing because it would terrify people but kinda unfair to pop for the cops not to tell the news people that she was controlled by a gross parasite that ate her eye and burrowed into her brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I think that's just habit since he's been holding stuff carefully since he was a kid.

I always wondered how insanely, obsessively careful Shigaraki must have been his whole life to avoid dusting himself. Turns out he sleeps standing up and with his eyes open:

No wonder he always looks like poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

SKULL.GIF posted:

He still decays things he directly touches. In earlier chapters post-awakening you can see him being careful with how he holds the radio and the deleter bullets.

His comment about controlling what he decays is about the chaining effect, I think.

ah i thought he meant that he could turn it on and off at will now

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Couldn't he just wear partial fingerless gloves and use his hands normally?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kingtheninja posted:

Couldn't he just wear partial fingerless gloves and use his hands normally?

Didn't we see this with either a post-chapter sketch or maybe with Uraraka?

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

SKULL.GIF posted:

Uraraka can just wear regular gloves, doesn't particularly matter if they go weightless while she sleeps.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Iirc she wears giant mittens when sleeping to avoid touching herself but that might not work with Shigaraki since he’d dust the gloves and then himself.

Then again something like a set of gloves for his fingers and a separate cover for his thumb should probably work, or something along those lines that almost assuredly actually exists in this setting considering

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Iirc she wears giant mittens when sleeping to avoid touching herself but that might not work with Shigaraki since he’d dust the gloves and then himself.

Then again something like a set of gloves for his fingers and a separate cover for his thumb should probably work, or something along those lines that almost assuredly actually exists in this setting considering

https://ijessbest.tumblr.com/post/175009179667/hi-this-is-just-a-little-what-if-i-thought

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isn't Shigaraki missing half his fingers on one of his hands now? Granted I can't remember if he only used his good hand or not.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think Shigaraki is passed the point where he cares whether or not he dusts something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Didn't Shiggy have gloves as a kid when All For One took him in?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:smith:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's kinda funny that Shigaraki was so careful all his life because of his powers when he could just put on a couple bandaids and not have to worry about it for like, a few weeks maybe.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Vigilante talk: I really like Koichi's powerset! It's pretty simple, but gives lots of tactical variability: at this point it just seems like some kind of weird tactile telekinesis. The fact that he can snipe so precisely from so far is crazy, too. He's basically spiderman with a gun!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RareAcumen posted:

It's kinda funny that Shigaraki was so careful all his life because of his powers when he could just put on a couple bandaids and not have to worry about it for like, a few weeks maybe.

Like, a thimble would have been all it needed. Or those like squishy thumb protectors you use while sewing.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

This is why I assume you’d need super specialized hero equipment; it probably either ignores stuff like cloth or only requires a microscopic amount of his skin to poke though his glove or else he’d just wear something like that normally.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nuebot posted:

Like, a thimble would have been all it needed. Or those like squishy thumb protectors you use while sewing.

Just putting two separate covers on two fingers on each hand means it's impossible for all 5 to make contact with one surface. It's an easy solution.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That's what I said, oh....

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Or like, two-piece gloves. One is like snooker gloves, they cover the middle, index and thumb, and the other half is those gloves you wear so you don't smudge ink with your hand and covers the ring and the pinky.

Three years ago. (Not the original image on the right, though, that one dropped off the internet, so I replaced it with another randomly-grabbed image off the internet that explains what I mean. This one is advertised so that your hand doesn't stick to Wacom tablets as you draw.)

Just imagine. Thirty bucks for four gloves (one pair of each) and Shigaraki could have been perfectly safe.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 12, 2020

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wonder if there are quirks that can be deemed so dangerous the government steps in and mitigates the risk.

Like, if the cops had stepped in instead of AFO, he gets a trip to the doctor and has the tips of his pinky fingers amputated.

That wouldn't affect his gaming too much, at least.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Remember the five finger thing ended up being a self imposed form of mental trauma based on MVA.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Scholtz posted:

I wonder if there are quirks that can be deemed so dangerous the government steps in and mitigates the risk.

Like, if the cops had stepped in instead of AFO, he gets a trip to the doctor and has the tips of his pinky fingers amputated.

That wouldn't affect his gaming too much, at least.

"The government judges your inborn quirk that you had no choice about to be too dangerous, therefore we are going to permanently mutilate you just in case you decide to do bad stuff" is an extremely dangerous road to go down.

Like by this metric Shinso would have been shipped off to have his vocal cords removed just in case he decided to start brainwashing politicians at some point.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Remember the five finger thing ended up being a self imposed form of mental trauma based on MVA.

If we're gonna headcanon it I think this would be it. AfO knew that Shigaraki was holding himself back so I doubt he'd want to risk what might trigger in his sleep. Plus he wanted Shigaraki as frustrated and dysfunctional as possible so I could see him intentionally not helping him to aggravate his issues.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kanos posted:

"The government judges your inborn quirk that you had no choice about to be too dangerous, therefore we are going to permanently mutilate you just in case you decide to do bad stuff" is an extremely dangerous road to go down.

Like by this metric Shinso would have been shipped off to have his vocal cords removed just in case he decided to start brainwashing politicians at some point.

Oh I'm not endorsing it or anything.

At this point seeing the destructive capabilities of Gigantomachia, Shiggy, etc. along with the "quirk singularity", I wonder if quirk erasing bullets are going to become more public knowledge and lead to a Marvel Civil War style arc.

It could bring Eri back into the story, and the CRC as well, if the League of Villains didn't completely wipe them out

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Three years ago. (Not the original image on the right, though, that one dropped off the internet, so I replaced it with another randomly-grabbed image off the internet that explains what I mean. This one is advertised so that your hand doesn't stick to Wacom tablets as you draw.)

Just imagine. Thirty bucks for four gloves (one pair of each) and Shigaraki could have been perfectly safe.

All those gloves take is him making a fist and they're dust.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Shadowlyger posted:

All those gloves take is him making a fist and they're dust.

The point is he wears both at the same time, so even if he makes a fist his fingers are touching different gloves.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I think yall are ignoring the possibility that shigaraki just doesn’t give a poo poo and prefers to have his killer quirk ready and available at a moments notice, like open carrying a gun

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If he closes his hand with these all 5 fingers could still touch the glove (Cause the ones inside definitely are) and thus eat it away. it's why I said two covers since that would make it impossible for the overlap.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I think yall are ignoring the possibility that shigaraki just doesn’t give a poo poo and prefers to have his killer quirk ready and available at a moments notice, like open carrying a gun

I checked and this has to be on the money lmfao

Seems like the doctor/AfO already gave him Mickey Mouse rear end looking gloves

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dog Kisser posted:

Vigilante talk: I really like Koichi's powerset! It's pretty simple, but gives lots of tactical variability: at this point it just seems like some kind of weird tactile telekinesis. The fact that he can snipe so precisely from so far is crazy, too. He's basically spiderman with a gun!

He'd be terrifying if he wasn't such a nice guy. Could easily kill someone from a very long range with no way to actually trace it back to him.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah there's so many simple solutions to Shigaraki's previous five finger quirk limitation that him not figuring out "wear some gloves, lol" is probably less of an oversight and more of a deliberate choice.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Can't wait for the arc where we get a Punisher inspired character who goes around capping people with Quirk Bullets.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shigaraki has the only bullets left, and the only people who know how to make more are Overhaul and the Doctor. I doubt many more are going to be made any time soon.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

He seems to still be working on 281 for whatever reason.

281 is out now: https://imgur.com/a/78sQiLe

283 should be colored by next weekend concurrent with 284 coming out.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
What's her name the gearhead will pop up while they're discussing quirk bullets and be all "those sound just like one of my babies!" and she already has a quirk bullet firing uzi.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
if they knew the chemical composition of the bullet momo could mass produce them and end this quirk world facade

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even after they defeat Shigaraki they're still going to have to fight One for All Toga afterwards.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
How is uraraka even gonna fight toga anyway if that’s the setup? Toga is batshit strong now and idk if even todoroki or Bakugou could hang

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So I'm following someone reading through the series and they just got to Shigaraki's backstory and I just noticed that the speech he gave to Endeavor about how 'Heroes only help strangers while hurting their own families" a few chapters ago is what his father told him right before beating him.

Its really hosed up that even after killing him he ends up basing his life around his abusers words. Shigaraki is probably the best character in the series imo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tbp posted:

if they knew the chemical composition of the bullet momo could mass produce them and end this quirk world facade

Aha, so Momo is the traitor!

Professorjuggalo posted:

How is uraraka even gonna fight toga anyway if that’s the setup? Toga is batshit strong now and idk if even todoroki or Bakugou could hang

Uraraka defeats her with Talk no Jutsu, the ultimate power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Toga straight up seems to be the villain most likely to get the soft touch treatment in the narrative. We've seen how badly society messed her up as a child (which is a legitimate difference from Twice falling through the cracks as an adult). Plus ultimately if Izuku really is going to save everyone, then at some point he has to save his villains and the only one I feel is in a position to be "saved" is Toga, the rest are either adults consciously choosing this path, forces of nature bound to the will of Shigaraki, or Shigaraki.