Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Super Rad posted:

People are (aptly) criticizing the pace of the manga recently but ONE isn't really *that* far ahead in his webcomic and contributes to it so infrequently that I don't think there's much choice. It's either make up content to pad for time or catch up to the webcomic and.... take a hiatus?

its not as if this comics weekly or even monthly

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This probably would've worked as the gag I think it was supposed to be if Murata drew a lovely little plane with Psychos' face on it.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

gnome7 posted:

I mean if the manga caught up to the webcomic, then the obvious thing would be for ONE and Murata to just... work together on the manga from that point on. They're already doing this anyway, ONE storyboards a lot of the new stuff before Murata draws it, it'd just be with actual new content instead of additions to old content.

I would lose my entire poo poo if ONE stopped doing the webcomic

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Super Rad posted:

People are (aptly) criticizing the pace of the manga recently but ONE isn't really *that* far ahead in his webcomic and contributes to it so infrequently that I don't think there's much choice. It's either make up content to pad for time or catch up to the webcomic and.... take a hiatus?

I mean it could just be chapters like this are for the sheer joy of it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Caidin posted:

I mean it could just be chapters like this are for the sheer joy of it.

Dude wants to draw so he do

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I guarantee you the Psychos Plane is ONE's doing.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

English
https://guya.moe/proxy/imgur/0aJ6E5c/1/1/

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is escalating in a very strange way.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

while also barely moving the story forward at all

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

When I remind myself that the entire premise of this comic is deriving humor from setting ridiculously high and serious stakes and then quickly defusing them, and the higher stakes equating to a funnier punchline, I start enjoying this kinda stuff.

If this comic was all jokes it wouldn't have as big of an impact. Heh.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Can I just say that I appreicate Psychkos found time to make herself a little flight mask and everything?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is such a weird manga to read, since I normally just skim through about 1 in 40 chapters to speedrun to the end.

I dunno if it'll recover though, with her in a fighter jet demon thing that doesn't look hot at all now.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Caidin posted:

Can I just say that I appreicate Psychkos found time to make herself a little flight mask and everything?

I like to think it shows that despite all the power she has gained, she is still thinking like a human rather than an ultra-powerful monster psychic. Putting self-limits on her power is gonna bite her in the end.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
It's weird because in any other manga a villain that morphs from some weird giant neuron monster into a squid for a moment to ink and then into a jet complete with a little human version of themselves piloting it would be like, pretty cool and creative, it's just that its the latest in a growing string of fakeouts that are serving little other than to pad things out. I think when ONE and Murata talk they regress into little kids and make jet and laser noises and clank figurines together until somehow an issue gets storyboarded.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I don't feel like all the extra stuff is going to feel like padding when reading these at more than one every couple weeks. That being said, I like a lot of the 'filler' because it has been pretty good at fleshing out the characters and stuff. The webcomic is pretty lean but I don't think the pacing of the manga is really throwing things off all that much.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Like if we bumrush to end of this did Murata sign a waiver claiming he would give Garou full frontal?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
im ok with this turning into macross

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Bravo; I am seriously impressed by how quickly you whipped this up.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Kuvo posted:

im ok with this turning into macross

same

jets go pew pew pew fwoosh

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

graham cracker posted:

One Punch Man - Wow! Ooh! Drive Knight! Wow!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I used to like this manga before they casualized it

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

:haibrow:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I wouldn't mind half as much with how bloated some of these fights can be if I didn't read the webcomic. poo poo I've been waiting like two years to reach and it barely feels like we're closer.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Every Psykos chapter preceding the last:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love this manga, but

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's not about the fist, it's about the journey to the fist

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah please stop complaining about how you're waiting for event A or B because you ARE going to get there eventually.

The more of this comic I get the more satisfied I am

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean I think this would be bad pacing even if this wasn't an adaption. Like, all the fights in this comic are much longer than in the original but nobody was complaining last chapter because it was good and felt appropriate. Psychos creating a fighter jet is funny but this fight's just starting to drag. It's repeating the same ground, we've already had chapters of Psychos arrogantly assuming she's grabbed the advantage only for Tatsumaki to shut her up because despite all the power ups she's still so much stronger. Only difference is now Drive Knight's here.

It's not as bad as say the Phoenixman fight, if only because Tatsu is very cool and the fight feels like a bigger deal but Shonen comics often have issues with fights lasting too drat long and OPM also has that problem.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This fight feels so directionless, like every chapter I'm reading a different manga.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
yeah, at this point it feels closer to a BLEACH arc. Way too padded to let the heroes get some good poo poo in. It's cool as gently caress, but the pacing is definitely bad

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elentor posted:

This fight feels so directionless, like every chapter I'm reading a different manga.

:yeah:

It's pretty but it sure could be tightened up a fair bit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guys guys, you're not going to believe this!

I was looking at Kojima's family tree and Murata's like a second cousin of his!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
In the Sailor Moon sense or

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle posted:

In the Sailor Moon sense or

No, as far as I can tell, him and Norman Reedus aren't related at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RareAcumen posted:

Guys guys, you're not going to believe this!

I was looking at Kojima's family tree and Murata's like a second cousin of his!

i believe this