Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bonster posted:

Have we seen Mina's spirit before? This isn't her Cocoon friend.

It looks related to her created spirits like Hijack and Hotwire: they all have a pink tendril kinda look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bonster posted:

Oh, my, BL is showing her real face. Sort of. You know she's serious!

ETA: Patchworm, that's the name. Or is it? Patchworm has rainbow lettering.

I dunno, it looks like a spectral version of the dog that Stephen befriended.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Page link

Mina definitely still has Patchworm here, since she's got those glasses and they haven't changed to match it as much as they have in the modern day. That looks like a different spirit we haven't seen.

Maybe Mina is already getting into her spirit creation experiments here?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Oh hey its the sock puppet dog https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-154

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bonster posted:

Yep we've seen Sockpuppet twice, in brief flashbacks to her childhood.

https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-154

https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-267-268

The way Patchworm and Hijack talk about it it sounds like the puppet died or some such and isn't with Mina anymore.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

We saw Mina's sock-puppet spirit here and here.

I think there's been some speculation they're the spirit that died when the Ghost Train got attacked? And if they didn't die then, they've been dead for a bit.

EDIT: Aaaaaaah I had the message opened too long, RIP.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The Mina shot is of Hijack in abstract because the two images are juxtaposing Spender's attempt to contain a spirit and Mina's attempt to control one with the text that says neither of those are a valid tactic here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sock puppeting is another form of control...

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I like how BL is giving out information to the kids tactically in the same way that Ricky will someday obfuscate information from kids tactically

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Podima posted:

Sock puppeting is another form of control...

:hmmyes:

Also, Mina's spirits seem to follow a naming pattern, don't they?

Hijack, Hotwire, Patchworm, Toolbox, [Sockpuppet]

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bonster posted:

Oh, my, BL is showing her real face. Sort of. You know she's serious!
Keeping up with this series being anime as gently caress, BL is the equivalent of that one character with the fox eyes finally opening them when poo poo gets real.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh, I get it now. Wight spectral energy

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Based on the tendrils coming off Sockpuppet I assume that it was Mina's first spirit and the blueprint by which she created all her other control-centric spirits, if creating them wasn't directly related to its death somehow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm really hoping we don't get the cliche "something interrupts at the worst moment" thing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm really hoping we don't get the cliche "something interrupts at the worst moment" thing.

if there was ever a last panel that made zach move to a new scene it's that one

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

flatluigi posted:

if there was ever a last panel that made zach move to a new scene it's that one
I know.

:negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

5 years of flashbacks within flashbacks

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Next page: "Out there!" because Spender has always been a dork.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Honestly now is probably the moment we get Flashback 2 of the 3 that were promised to us this chapter: the time Rick fell into the lake.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Since Mina's spirits seem to be about control and manipulation, and with the framing of the 4th panel specifically putting "they can not be controlled" onto Mina looking petulant, I wonder if she somehow ran afoul of a Wight before and/or had something to do with the Doctor's disappearance or with their experiments on Wights.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I just realized that the reason Penny doesn’t want to become known as having white spirit energy is that the Consortium would put her under immense pressure to become the next leader.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Rand Brittain posted:

I just realized that the reason Penny doesn’t want to become known as having white spirit energy is that the Consortium would put her under immense pressure to become the next leader.
That and I think it's been mentioned that white spirit energy isn't naturally occurring, so it might imply she's either been involved in something sketchy or already has some sort of connection with a wight. Guessing whatever shift happened came about That Day 13 Years Ago.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm assuming she is in fact in hiding from the Consortium for all of those reasons

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
maybe she just has terrible fashion sense and can't bear to look at their business onesies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No update this week but a big (3 page) update next week.

Been a long while since we got a multi update, so I think this one is gonna be a doozy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

No update this week but a big (3 page) update next week.

Been a long while since we got a multi update, so I think this one is gonna be a doozy.

Between this and KSBD having a multi-page release next week. I have something to look forward too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

RIP to big update, did at least get one page this week though.

Wow Mina, making Spender look open and outgoing huh.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm going to keep railing this topic; but I really love Disco Walker here. I also wish that these kids had been more trusting because if anyone is cracking here it's Boss Leader herself.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Page Link: https://www.paranatural.net//chapter-7-page-19

Alt Text: ...a slip-up while you're here at your most- DOH, ya got me! beaten at my own game! ha ha. but seriously kids its beans or blood y ou pick what's spilling, i'm like super evil

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Now I'm really curious what happened to the previous Boss Leader that they've been dropped into the deep end of the pool without any prep.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Now I'm really curious what happened to the previous Boss Leader that they've been dropped into the deep end of the pool without any prep.

Following the trend of the rest of the comic, eight billion secrets and not nearly enough trust to share any of the important ones before sudden existence failure in a world with vampires, mediums for vengeful spirits, and potential excrementalists.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

My bet: the previous BL was suddenly taken off life support.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

in just six short years you will be able to see the further questions that point towards an answer down the road

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in just six short years you will be able to see the further questions that point towards an answer down the road

Maybe by then COVID will be over!

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Update!

Those sure are some eyes

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I mean yeah but look at his bed it's magnificent

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Is this the first time we've seen Spender without his glasses? I've honestly never noticed

I guess it makes perfect sense as he's said previously that he's a medium for the Extremely Dangerous Spirit, and he didn't otherwise show any indication of it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FebrezeNinja posted:

Update!

Those sure are some eyes
:eyepop:

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Sockpuppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sandman seems unhappy with how things went.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Is this the first time we've seen Spender without his glasses? I've honestly never noticed

I guess it makes perfect sense as he's said previously that he's a medium for the Extremely Dangerous Spirit, and he didn't otherwise show any indication of it

As far as I'm aware, yes, this is the first time.