Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Killer_Bees! posted:

Oh man, I was torn between the white base with either Blue, Orange or the Green. The Tesseract Glow paint came out so it sold me on the green, but the Orange done the same way would be brutal awesome!

It works!

I'm finally into the more interesting models so there'll be less white. I also need to learn how to take better pictures apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Got some drones done, just a few more things and I'll have a fully painted 2k list.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I didn't put forth a ton of effort on these markerlight drones as I should have put blue on some part of the bottom, but not bad for 12 models and bases in one sitting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

overthefalls posted:

It works!

I'm finally into the more interesting models so there'll be less white. I also need to learn how to take better pictures apparently.

You have the best Indomitus paint scheme by far in my opinion. This look so amazing.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I've made some further adjustments to my post. Principally, I've added in some notes for Custodes and Sisters of Silence, mentioned the Psychic Awakening, listed the PA book for each faction as they came up, and adjusted Sisters of Battle slightly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have a lot of painted guard

Though i painted them back in 3rd when I was in university. I had just read All Quiet In The Western Front and decided to based my army on WW1 Germans. Sadly, I had no idea that Nazis were going to be a thing again, and WW1 Germans are not that far removed from Nazi loving Shitbags, so now I barely use them. I plan on repainting them, at least their armor, a more US or Soviet Green at some point to make them look less like they belong to some Wehraboo.

I also have a lot of Ultramaines

I started Ultramarines in Rogue Trader because my mom had Ultramarine Blue in her paints, so that's what I did. If she had a decent yellow or red I might have ended up with Fists or Blood Angels (or maybe Fleshtearers or Blood Drinkers because they were a thing back then). Though if Salamanders had been Green rather than black with all these cool flames all over them, I probably would have gone with them.

I also have Iron Warriors

Years ago all my gaming buddies decided do an escalation league with Chaos Marines and I chose Iron Warriors because they'd be the easiest to paint. Though with the newer models and the HH kits, I've been replacing my 3rd edition ones with newer stuff

I also have Sisters

Sisters was an army I always wanted to make, but never did because, well, GW didn't make it easy. Even when I worked for them i never got more than 2 squads and a canoness. As soon as the new ones were announced I committed to getting them. I have some weird idea that I won't buy any until I've painted what I Bought. That's been sorta true, as i didn't buy a bunch until i had painted the stuff i bought on release. I went Argent Shroud mostly because I wanted to paint something Silver rather than just bare metal, also their rules are pretty solid.

I also have Tau, Necrons, Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, Death Guard and sorta Admech. I bought Forgebane mostly for the Necrons but I really like the ADmech stuff, though I know it will be something that I won't do anything with for ages.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

JackMann posted:

I've made some further adjustments to my post. Principally, I've added in some notes for Custodes and Sisters of Silence, mentioned the Psychic Awakening, listed the PA book for each faction as they came up, and adjusted Sisters of Battle slightly.

You should edit the bits about the bad cast and cam hammer, since they refer to the previous poster of the thread.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Fixed! And this is why I posted it here before starting the thread.

My plan is that once the basic content of the post is good enough, I'll post the thread. We can add in new banners and pictures as we develop them.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

overthefalls posted:

It works!

Orange Brother! You crushed it my dude, fingers crossed on the preview for our codex tonight.

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

JackMann posted:

Fixed! And this is why I posted it here before starting the thread.

My plan is that once the basic content of the post is good enough, I'll post the thread. We can add in new banners and pictures as we develop them.

Looking good! Would it be worth having some articles about questions that frequently pop up in the thread like airbrushes and transporting miniatures?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This weekends Warhammer Preview, codex edition, starts in a couple of minutes if someone forgot about it.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Won my first game ! Sisters vs Guard at 25 pl in Crusade. My Mortifiers chewed through the guardsmen like they where not there. Felt really good to finally get a game of 9th after longingly watching battlereports.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

This is still very much a WIP, but it gets the point across.

I'm doing up the Indomitus bikers as Carcharodons and debating if I like the shark mouth on the bike. Opinions?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Floppychop posted:

This is still very much a WIP, but it gets the point across.

I'm doing up the Indomitus bikers as Carcharodons and debating if I like the shark mouth on the bike. Opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7HnCPz658s

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

First up, more Necrons. Really rad Necrons.
Also a bunch of rules mentions in the live blog:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/12/the-codex-show/

Also new Flayed Ones being released as well:

As well as new destroyers:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
*banging knife and fork on dinner table*

WHERE. ARE. PARIAHS.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

*banging knife and fork on dinner table*

WHERE. ARE. PARIAHS.

Not here.

But you do know what's here? MORE Marines!

Woo.

First up we now have HEAVY Intercessors. Because that's clearly what was needed.

Both are wearing Gravis armor.

And the multipart Assault Intercessors, Bladeguard Vets and Eradicators. Apparently Multi meltas are getting a damage upgrade:

Oh and the Assault Intercessor multipart kit comes with thunderhammer now. That kit is going to fly off the shelves just because of that.

Then we have the new Storm Speeder. Which is.... yeeeeaaah.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 12, 2020

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
:kingsley: <- That is me. Right now.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The multi-part bladeguard vets look pretty cool.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Are the heavy intercessors troops? I watched a bit of the stream but I'm "technically" at work

I was gonna buy a second Indomitus marine half but maybe now I'll hold off for a multipart Bladeguard and Eradicator and just be done with that stuff

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Heavy Intercessors have the "CORE" keyword.

Primus
May 14, 2007

Greater than the sum of his parts.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Are the heavy intercessors troops? I watched a bit of the stream but I'm "technically" at work

I was gonna buy a second Indomitus marine half but maybe now I'll hold off for a multipart Bladeguard and Eradicator and just be done with that stuff

Also specifically called out in the stream as a Troops choice a little bit after they showed them off.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

As mentioned on the stream they're troops.

And the next reveal is that the supplements for Blood Angels, Death Watch, Space Wolves and Death Guard have been announced and apparently will be out this year.

Not sure why they're releasing the DG codex before the CSM one though.

And they even teased a new DG unit:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So based on that one guy’s awesome LotD Primaris bois from a week or so ago I’m wondering: which chapter tactics “feels” most LotD? Maybe infantry-heavy Iron Hands without the most overtly AdMech poo poo?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They finally, FINALLY announced the Imperial Armor Compendium. So FW units finally get 9th edition rules. Which includes new rules for Kriegers.
As well as some other units, Ork Warboss on a bike makes a return in this book.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

I think the speeder would be improved by eliminating the marine in the turret and making it just an auto turret which seems like it might be a pretty simple conversion.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cooked Auto posted:

They finally, FINALLY announced the Imperial Armor Compendium. So FW units finally get 9th edition rules. Which includes new rules for Kriegers.

Any word on Death Riders?

:ohdear:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Paragon8 posted:

I think the speeder would be improved by eliminating the marine in the turret and making it just an auto turret which seems like it might be a pretty simple conversion.

The doofy little helmet poking up out of there gives it some charm to me, I think it's funny.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They really need to get more pro-Xenos hosts for future streams. Even I am getting tired of the constant Marine wanking going on. :v:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

Sucks there's no non-Marines this year aside from Death Guard. I'd be so excited if Tyranids got even half the same treatment Necrons are getting. But maybe the Forge World Tyranid units will get a boost?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Paragon8 posted:

Those marines look so bored. Another day another heretic.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The next couple of months are going to be rough for Xenos (well and Chaos players too for that part) until their respective codexes come out. Worst of all we probably won't hear much about it until Christmas or something so my friends whining about it is going to be ceaseless until then.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm not a fan of the new vehicles generally (too angular, too contemporary, insufficiently related to older designs) but this one is aesthetically similar enough to the legacy speeder that I think it "works" (if you already liked the old speeder design, that is)?

:shrug:

E: turret marine is gonna get the ceramite melted off he helmet though?

E2: Are the load-outs variable/"Chinese Menu" (AtKSTD): "Pick one turret, one hull gun, one sponson gun" or is it all pre-scripted?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 12, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

E: turret marine is gonna get the ceramite melted off he helmet though?

Bad and naughty marines get put in the helmet melter

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I could see the Hailstrike turret work on some other vehicle. Like a nice 4x4 conversion for the IG or something like that.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

The next couple of months are going to be rough for Xenos (well and Chaos players too for that part) until their respective codexes come out. Worst of all we probably won't hear much about it until Christmas or something so my friends whining about it is going to be ceaseless until then.

I'm amazed that they didn't swap at least one of the Marine books with a Xeno book. I wonder if COVID-impacted production had anything to do with it since it's easier to pop out more Marines.

But I'm taking solace in the fact that I'm not even able to play right now because I'm in the US, so I can focus on collecting and painting and not worry about 3-6 months of Marine meta.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Cooked Auto posted:

As well as some other units[...]

Chaplain Dreads mentioned?

If I can get this book from GW "proper" or my FLGS instead of forge world direct I'll 100% pick it up - the shipping was like 40 bucks or something and made it very not worth it

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Things I've spotted trying to scrape hints of new stuff out of that new codexes video:

-Death Company unit mixes up guys from the regular and Assault Intercessor kits.

-New Death Guard terrain piece, which is a big bulbous furnace and seems to have two parts. Also, they've got Easy to Build Plague Marines and Plague Marines and Poxwalkers from Dark Imperium on display in their video, both of which are currently discontinued, although I don't know if that means anything as they kept using those Dark Vengeance CSM Chosen to illustrate CSM codexes long after those'd gone off sale.

-Couldn't spot anything worth scraping out of the Space Wolves and Deathwatch videos except that I appreciate they gave the Space Wolf Reivers a custom color scheme with a darker grey, only using the Space Wolf baby blue on the shoulder and knee pads.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Stephenls posted:

-New Death Guard terrain piece, which is a big bulbous furnace and seems to have two parts. Also, they've got Easy to Build Plague Marines and Plague Marines and Poxwalkers from Dark Imperium on display in their video, both of which are currently discontinued, although I don't know if that means anything as they kept using those Dark Vengeance CSM Chosen to illustrate CSM codexes long after those'd gone off sale.

I'd love to see this. Biomechanical Horror/Dark Mechanicum Nurgle is the best Nurgle.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

I'm amazed that they didn't swap at least one of the Marine books with a Xeno book. I wonder if COVID-impacted production had anything to do with it since it's easier to pop out more Marines.

Nah, it follows the regular pattern of pushing out Marine books out first because they're the most played armies and then Xenos follow in order of importance.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Chaplain Dreads mentioned?

None mentioned, only real mentions were Krigers and Ork Warboss on bike.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

If I can get this book from GW "proper" or my FLGS instead of forge world direct I'll 100% pick it up - the shipping was like 40 bucks or something and made it very not worth it

That remains to be seen but I figure it might just be a regular GW release since the rumors say that they're the ones handling the rules writing for that nowadays.

Stephenls posted:

Also, they've got Easy to Build Plague Marines and Plague Marines and Poxwalkers from Dark Imperium on display in their video, both of which are currently discontinued, although I don't know if that means anything as they kept using those Dark Vengeance CSM Chosen to illustrate CSM codexes long after those'd gone off sale.

Spotted one of the Dark Imperium Bigly Lt's in the DW video at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

I'd love to see this. Biomechanical Horror/Dark Mechanicum Nurgle is the best Nurgle.