Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Law never really expected to get as far as he has, and in the absence of any other direction I imagine he's going to join the Strawhat Armada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes sense. On another note, it would be nice if Vivi and Carue rejoined the crew at some point (at least temporarily) but:

A: I'm not sure what her actual role on the ship would be

and

B: At this point she'd need some heavy training (or at least a Devil Fruit) just to keep up with Usopp and Nami, much less the rest of the crew.

That said, maybe Vivi could join the Armada instead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I forgot about law being on wano what is he currently up to?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

He's in the fray somewhere, he had a panel

bondster
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1304793526249512960?s=20

I feel like after Jimbei it'd be weird to look forward to a new crewmate THIS late in the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

bondster posted:

I feel like after Jimbei it'd be weird to look forward to a new crewmate THIS late in the game.

The most obvious answer at this point would probably be Carrot.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
I could see it being Kin'emon after all they've been through.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I feel like it would mean a lot more if it were Vivi or Bon Clay, given their history with Luffy and the crew. Though admittedly it's not likely to be either. :(

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I hoping for a second Usopp, personally.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You could also have Yamato join, given he's been trapped on Onigashina most of his life and wants to travel. He's very strong by virtue of being Kaido's son, and traveling with Luffy would parallel Oden traveling with Roger. It would also make sense once the arc is over, as Yamato wouldn't really have anywhere to go, unless he joins the remaining scabbards in aiding Momo or joins a new arm of the straw hat fleet.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Larryb posted:

Makes sense. On another note, it would be nice if Vivi and Carue rejoined the crew at some point (at least temporarily) but:

A: I'm not sure what her actual role on the ship would be

and

B: At this point she'd need some heavy training (or at least a Devil Fruit) just to keep up with Usopp and Nami, much less the rest of the crew.

That said, maybe Vivi could join the Armada instead.

She’s obviously the negotiator/spokesperson/politician they need to make up for everyone’s else’s utter lack of social grace (not including Jinbe who is too stoic to ultimately be useful on that front I think).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

She’s obviously the negotiator/spokesperson/politician they need to make up for everyone’s else’s utter lack of social grace (not including Jinbe who is too stoic to ultimately be useful on that front I think).

That could work. I also want to see how she’d interact with Robin and the other Strawhats that joined after she left the crew.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Lord_Magmar posted:

It would be pretty cool, but in light of the fact that the first thing she did when her cover was blown was accidentally get the Straw Hats on Crocodile’s hit list, that would also be really funny.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
My money is on Sabo being the final crew member.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
it's carrot there's no way luffy doesn't want a mink to be part of the crew everyone else is wrong

i would accept yamato tho

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I could also see Marco tagging along to at least help take down Blackbeard, but if Luffy is gonna unite the world he needs at least most races in his crew affiliate, I imagine he'll get more giant backing at Elbaf too.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

My long shot crewmember is Momo who sneaks aboard because he wants to get stronger before he takes over Wano. Even Rodger had cabin boys.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Julias posted:

You could also have Yamato join, given he's been trapped on Onigashina most of his life and wants to travel. He's very strong by virtue of being Kaido's son, and traveling with Luffy would parallel Oden traveling with Roger. It would also make sense once the arc is over, as Yamato wouldn't really have anywhere to go, unless he joins the remaining scabbards in aiding Momo or joins a new arm of the straw hat fleet.

Yamato is going to be momos dad

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Yamato is going to be momo's dad

this is an awkward romcom in the making

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

bondster posted:

i think the only real options at this point are vivi re-formally joining the crew, yamato, carrot, kinemon, or momonosuke. i guess an armada person could formally join, but my bets on carrot at this point. yamato is a close second imo!

euphemism fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 12, 2020

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
omg, that image with all the original strawhat designs did have someone scribbled out, and it was jinbe

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I adore Carrot but, Yamato's dream is to leave Onigashima to see the world and/or become Kozuki Oden, and straight up what better way to accomplish both of these goals than joining the crew of the man who's gonna be King of the Pirates

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Needs a tragic flashback.

And lemme head off the joke by saying that I don't think Yamato gets to claim Oden's flashback for the quota.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

euphemism posted:

omg, that image with all the original strawhat designs did have someone scribbled out, and it was jinbe

Is that proto-Franky on the far left?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I assume so, but who’s the little floating guy with the net next to him?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The original Franky/shipright was supposed to be a Klabautermann, yeah. The re-designed Franky was made for Kazuki Yao (2 Bon Clay) after he did such a good job for the anime.

I think the really rough looking dude and the Klabautermann were combined for Franky and Robin filled in the last spot

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 12, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's going to be Drake; his last name is literally "Ten".

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
and thats blackbeard right? him being included w/ the main cast makes me wonder if he was originally intended to betray the strawhats directly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tbp posted:

and thats blackbeard right? him being included w/ the main cast makes me wonder if he was originally intended to betray the strawhats directly

It's usopp with a pirate hat and no nose

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

tbp posted:

That's usopp in a new hat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I also like cowboy Brook with shades and human sized reindeer Chopper.

Luffy, Zoro, Nami, and Sanji don’t appear to have been changed at all as far as I can tell.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
What's the date on that sketch? That's awesome!

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

I guess now we're seeing a lot more of King's value outside of muscle. He's obviously pretty competent at actually taking control of the Beast Pirates when needed; which probably a bit impressive given they're basically a pack of wild animals with a depressive drunk as a captain. And doesn't get hilarious reactions like Queen to things.
That kinda actually makes him a bit more like the Beast Pirates' Sanji, huh.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The last crew member will be the friends we made along the way.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The last crewmember is you, the reader at home

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gnome7 posted:

And you get to fight San Juan Wolf.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

gnome7 posted:

“Guy A. Person prayed for the safety of NessLuffy and his friends”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The last crew member is going to be zeus

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Zeus is a narc, boo. at least until he gets his Clutch Character Moment and betrays Big Mom at a critical moment for his new master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Zeus is fukken dead