Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Firefighters vs Millenials to get last place in Wild High will likely go down to the end of the season :munch:

It's funny because they both still in playoff contention because Wild Low is so bad they're both only 1 game behind the Flowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CHICAGO IS IN PARTYTIME :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

(Make the upset happen, Millenials!)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So far 1 of the three Peanuts is in the top-3 idols. There is only one more inter-game window left, will be interesting to see how much movement happens later this hour.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pinwiz11 posted:

CHICAGO IS IN PARTYTIME :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

(Make the upset happen, Millenials!)

Congrats on the Blood Pity! We thought it'd be us Lovers for most of the season but we went on a tear yesterday

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Someone made a tracker with ~forbidden knowledge~ that says Jessica Telephone and Nagomi McDaniel are well clear of the field when it comes to idolatry: https://idols-viewer.netlify.app/

I'm going to laugh on Sunday when Jaylen Hotdogfingers gets stolen and nothing happens because he's still incinerated

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Peanuts Bong and Holloway are up to 6 and 7. But I'm guessing a fair number of people don't follow things closely enough to go for the Peanut idol thing. Jessica will likely remain on top.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

tinstaach posted:

Someone made a tracker with ~forbidden knowledge~ that says Jessica Telephone and Nagomi McDaniel are well clear of the field when it comes to idolatry: https://idols-viewer.netlify.app/

I'm going to laugh on Sunday when Jaylen Hotdogfingers gets stolen and nothing happens because he's still incinerated

I specifically picked Jaylen before I'd ever heard of the whole thing because it's so very splorts to idolize a dead player. I literally don't care about the bonuses that come from idols. I'm here for the shenanigans, not Number Goes Up.

(That said hooray for last place Firefighters!)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

woah, with one game to go the Tacos are one game ahead of the Fridays for worst record in Blaseball

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

rickiep00h posted:

I specifically picked Jaylen before I'd ever heard of the whole thing because it's so very splorts to idolize a dead player.

Just curious, how did you find him? Is there a place somewhere that lists all the player IDs?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Flowers going to the playoffs on the back of an absolutely insane final game

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The line separating the top 3 idols is animated now. It looks angry.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

peanuts are 3/4/5

so close yet so far

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WHO IS TELEPHONE?

oh boy here we go

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Telephone and Mcdaniel Shelled, whatever that means

Also, LOL, the Mexico City Wild Wings are now the Wexico City Mild Wings

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

InnercityGriot posted:

Telephone and Mcdaniel Shelled, whatever that means

Also, LOL, the Mexico City Wild Wings are now the Wexico City Mild Wings

Shelled players are shelled.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

so when is the bloodbath?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

tinstaach posted:

Just curious, how did you find him? Is there a place somewhere that lists all the player IDs?

She was already on the leaderboard. :v:

bawfuls posted:

so when is the bloodbath?

After playoffs I'm guessing, but :shrug:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh whoops, I thought Jaylen was a he for some reason.

https://twitter.com/greg_p_kennedy/status/1304495866628263947

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

tinstaach posted:

Oh whoops, I thought Jaylen was a he for some reason.

https://twitter.com/greg_p_kennedy/status/1304495866628263947

The full text of The Peanut:

NO HALF-MEASURES
DO NOT PATRONIZE ME
WHO IS TELEPHONE?
MCDANIEL?
STRIKE THREE
ONE MORE AND YOU ARE OUT

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1304492757847662592

PLAYOFFS TOMORROW!

I like Crabs in a walk for the whole thing, with first round upsets by Garages and Lovers over Pies and Jazz Hands whose best players are SHELLED. Tigers a good dark horse this year, they've been quietly good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Peanut Players are in the Top 3 and the red line is gone.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Pinwiz11 posted:

The full text of The Peanut:

NO HALF-MEASURES
DO NOT PATRONIZE ME
WHO IS TELEPHONE?
MCDANIEL?
STRIKE THREE
ONE MORE AND YOU ARE OUT

“No half-measures”? Coward, can’t even fight blasphemy properly. If the situation was hopeless, their propaganda would be unnecessary.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Wexico is back to Mexico. Team is still the Mild Wings though.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Peanut Players are in the Top 3 and the red line is gone.
red line is still there and it sure seems like the moment that mattered was when the peanut showed up after the regular season ended

edit: guess i needed to refresh

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 12, 2020

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/blaseball_radio/status/1304769448168091648

OMG

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Tigers can't stop Breath Mints baby. Let's go!

Edit: i have missed some seasons but Whit Steaknife got incinerated? That loving sucks...

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 12, 2020

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Woah, the Garages just swept the Pies in the first round of the playoffs!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

WhiteHowler posted:

Woah, the Garages just swept the Pies in the first round of the playoffs!
Jessica Telephone was a key component to their offense, so skipping her at bats absolutely devastated their ability to get runs.

Also, I haven't confirmed this, but I'm pretty having a player shelled means you're effectively down one on defense. We're not sure how it's calculated, so I'd hard to say, but JT was also an above average defensive player for the Pies.

Edit: I was wrong, apparently JT had a ground out and I just missed accordingly to the stats folk.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 12, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tibalt posted:

Jessica Telephone was a key component to their offense, so skipping her at bats absolutely devastated their ability to get runs.

Also, I haven't confirmed this, but I'm pretty having a player shelled means you're effectively down one on defense. We're not sure how it's calculated, so I'd hard to say, but JT was also an above average defensive player for the Pies.

She's still on defense

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1304775244171812864

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I just watched a Nagomi McDaniel 'at-bat' live and they were just skipped in the batting order without recording an out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Congrats to the Crabs, now bring on the Bloodbath!

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Offseason blaseball, like basketball, is the best part. Can't wait for the Tacos to miraculously only win one blessing and get the one that steals Nagomi Mcdaniel, who is in a shell and will likely be stolen after this season.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

Offseason blaseball, like basketball, is the best part. Can't wait for the Tacos to miraculously only win one blessing and get the one that steals Nagomi Mcdaniel, who is in a shell and will likely be stolen after this season.

Enhanced Party Time is as good as a Blessing for the Tacos, probably better

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Enhanced Party Time is as good as a Blessing for the Tacos, probably better

Yeah, I'm excited for that, looks pretty good early for it passing too

doos
Jan 1, 2015

InnercityGriot posted:

I wonder if Nagomi and JT's stats would still count toward the betting line. The Tacos with Nagomi being favored in most games while technically being worse, would be a hoot.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

How bout a decree next season to add a multi-buy button for votes to the shop, cause holy moly my hand hurts

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

tinstaach posted:

How bout a decree next season to add a multi-buy button for votes to the shop, cause holy moly my hand hurts

Agreed. That and 25/50/75/max bet percent buttons.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pinwiz11 posted:

Agreed. That and 25/50/75/max bet percent buttons.

Bet 100% or don't bet at all. Risk management is for hedge funds.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

tinstaach posted:

The most consistent request I've seen in the feedback channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm a Fridays fan. How should I vote? EPT looks like the best option for such a lousy team but wouldn't it only apply for like the last 10 games of the season? Or should I dump votes into one of the blessings that steals a good player?