Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

I feel like I’m going to choose wrong in my flex spot every week between Beckham. Mack, and Jonathan Taylor

Best I can hope for is that it really was injuries causing ineffectiveness this past year for Odell

Beckham is a no brainer until one of them secures the majority of the carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Start Murray, don’t second guess yourself in week 1

It’s entirely possible ben has a better game than Murray this week but don’t sacrifice a lottery ticket on miller for that delta.

Every position but WR and RB (and ideally only WR) should be about maximizing points while minimizing decision making.

Thank you for the needed dose of reality

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Keith Atherton posted:

Tell me if I’m being stupid considering this

It sounds like you’re sitting a QB that you used a round 5-8 pick on and streaming the position.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

dkj posted:

It sounds like you’re sitting a QB that you used a round 5-8 pick on and streaming the position.

Round 6, yeah

Dude I’m playing this week is a poo poo talking nemesis of mine and I’m looking for any advantage I can get. I’ll trust the team I drafted

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Sit start at flex:
Miles sanders (questionable) @ was
Zach moss v nyj
James robinson v ind

I have to go moss dont I? Or drop joe burrow for Boston scott?

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 12, 2020

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

mastershakeman posted:

Sit start at flex:
Miles sanders (questionable) @ was
Zach moss v nyj
James robinson v ind

I have to go moss dont I?

Why do you say that? Seems like Singletary will get a chance to lose the job before it’s given to Moss. Talk of Moss getting goal line carries but it’s all speculation until after week 1 when we have some actual evidence.

Miles Sanders if he plays is someone you should start.

James Robinson is who I would start if Sanders didn’t play.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Sanders practiced on Friday so he'll probably at least be active Sunday

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

decypher posted:

Why do you say that? Seems like Singletary will get a chance to lose the job before it’s given to Moss. Talk of Moss getting goal line carries but it’s all speculation until after week 1 when we have some actual evidence.

It's informed speculation, though. He didn't get the goal line carries last year and even if that changes, he'd still likely get a ton of TDs vultured by Allen.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Pick a WR and Flex, PPR:
Crowder @BUF
Gibson vs PHI

D. Montgomery (Q) @DET
John Brown vs NYJ
Sutton (Q) vs TEN

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chernabog posted:

Pick a WR and Flex, PPR:
Crowder @BUF
Gibson vs PHI

D. Montgomery (Q) @DET
John Brown vs NYJ
Sutton (Q) vs TEN

Montgomery sounds like he'll play, I'd start him over Gibson at the very least. Unclear whether Gibson has ever held a football, projecting a role for him is impossible right now.

Leave Sutton out, he has a sprained AC joint and that game is Monday. Not worth the risk because you can't sub anyone in for him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

decypher posted:

Miles Sanders if he plays is someone you should start.

James Robinson is who I would start if Sanders didn’t play.

Yeah, Sanders >>>>> Robinson >> Moss

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fsif posted:

It's informed speculation, though. He didn't get the goal line carries last year and even if that changes, he'd still likely get a ton of TDs vultured by Allen.

That’s not a good reason to start Moss, though, it’s a reason to consider fading Singletary

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Originally I had Golladay at WR1 and Sutton as flex. But now... whelp.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
gently caress now I want to slot Starvin Marvin in over Lamb?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Couple interlocking start/sit questions

I was originally going to be starting Golladay of course but a bad hammy and being designated doubtful pretty much guarantees that he will be out on Sunday, so I moved Diontae up and Monty into the flex since he is looking likely to play. I feel decent about this, but let me know if you think I should do something different

As for the second flex spot - Parris Campbell vs the Jaguars is available on the waiver wire but I have a feeling the Sanders is going to feast this year since he will be an actual competent #2 WR for Brees to throw to, so I'm not sure if I'm over thinking it?

As mentioned a page or two ago: I realized that I have three Dolphins offensive players which is stupid so I am considering dropping Gesicki for Parris Campbell or a flyer with upside/keeper value, but thats why I drafted Dillon so I'm just kinda feeling dumb. TE can go in the flex spots but three offensive players from one questionable team makes me feel silly.

I might wait to see if Golladay is officially ruled out then slide him into an IR slot and pick up Campbell at least temporarily in his spot without dropping Gesicki.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What do I do with Miles Sanders this week? I can play Marlon Mack or Marvin Jones Jr over him in one league (0.5 ppr) and in the other league I can play McLaurin, Taylor, Michel, or Singletary over him (1.0 ppr).

Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

gently caress now I want to slot Starvin Marvin in over Lamb?

I would, uh assuming that's Marvin Jones. I would have with Golladay playing fwiw.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Couple interlocking start/sit questions

I was originally going to be starting Golladay of course but a bad hammy and being designated doubtful pretty much guarantees that he will be out on Sunday, so I moved Diontae up and Monty into the flex since he is looking likely to play. I feel decent about this, but let me know if you think I should do something different

As for the second flex spot - Parris Campbell vs the Jaguars is available on the waiver wire but I have a feeling the Sanders is going to feast this year since he will be an actual competent #2 WR for Brees to throw to, so I'm not sure if I'm over thinking it?

As mentioned a page or two ago: I realized that I have three Dolphins offensive players which is stupid so I am considering dropping Gesicki for Parris Campbell or a flyer with upside/keeper value, but thats why I drafted Dillon so I'm just kinda feeling dumb. TE can go in the flex spots but three offensive players from one questionable team makes me feel silly.

I might wait to see if Golladay is officially ruled out then slide him into an IR slot and pick up Campbell at least temporarily in his spot without dropping Gesicki.

I dunno if I'm missing something, but TY Hilton is healthy. Campbell did next to nothing as a rookie and is going to need to prove he has stand alone value without a Hilton injury before I'd worry about rostering him, let alone starting him. Sanders incredibly easy start over him. Howard vs NE would be an easy start over Campbell too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

sourdough posted:

I would, uh assuming that's Marvin Jones. I would have with Golladay playing fwiw.

Yep. Marvin Jones. Gonna switch him in.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Yep. Marvin Jones. Gonna switch him in.

Lamb is cool, but he's not a dude to start until we see him actually produce. Cooper and Gallup have to both be pretty big favorites to stay in his way for much of the season, certainly the early part at least.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sourdough posted:

I dunno if I'm missing something, but TY Hilton is healthy. Campbell did next to nothing as a rookie and is going to need to prove he has stand alone value without a Hilton injury before I'd worry about rostering him, let alone starting him. Sanders incredibly easy start over him. Howard vs NE would be an easy start over Campbell too.
I guess I'm over thinking it? My thought process is that Jaguars could have the worst pass D in the league this year and Campbell is the other starting WR playing against the Jaguars, with a good QB throwing the ball. I was not considering starting Howard, Gesicki, or PDubs because the Dolphins were a decently bad offense last year that have a rookie LT and new OC in a covid19 season when playing their opener on the road against the Patriots; I was essentially gambling on Howard returning to form, PDubs continuing to be good after his injury, and Gesicki to take a second year leap.... but I want to wait a week to see how they perform before I put them in (which is part of why I did a :stonk: when I realized I had all three - it was bad drafting on my part, especially after seeing the "dont have 2 TEs rostered" discussion in this thread).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 12, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Fantasy Football: Don’t sit your studs, and don’t overthink yourself.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sourdough posted:

That’s not a good reason to start Moss, though, it’s a reason to consider fading Singletary

Oh, you're right. I really mangled the context there in order to spout off an unrelated point. I agree with the OP's start/sit recommendations!

But all that said, my sense is that the Bills really don't trust Singletary as a goal line back. Moss even ended up as the better pass catcher and blocker in training camp.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Cook and Kamara both signed extensions. Unclench your buttholes.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Really wasn’t concerned about Kamara or Cook not playing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sourdough posted:

Yeah, Sanders >>>>> Robinson >> Moss

Would you put scott over robinson if sanders can't go? I can add scott

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mastershakeman posted:

Would you put scott over robinson if sanders can't go? I can add scott
I'm a Jags fan and I would probably pick Boston Scott over James Robinson if I had Sanders and Sanders couldnt play.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
I need to pick 1 FLEX for sunday

C.D. Lamb
Jerry Juedy
Christian Krik
Raheem Mostert

1st thought is Jerry due to the Sutton injury but Kirk and Mostert have exp.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Loki2099 posted:

I need to pick 1 FLEX for sunday

C.D. Lamb
Jerry Juedy
Christian Krik
Raheem Mostert

1st thought is Jerry due to the Sutton injury but Kirk and Mostert have exp.

Tevin Coleman probably isn't going to get a lot of run because of the AQI in Santa Clara. I have been against Mostert all offseason but fire him up.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm a Jags fan and I would probably pick Boston Scott over James Robinson if I had Sanders and Sanders couldnt play.

Yeah, agreed

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Flex suggestions boys? 1PPR

Conner @ NYG
Gordon vs TEN
Metcalf @ ATL

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Conner

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Conner @ NYG
Gordon vs TEN
Metcalf @ ATL

If you're not gonna start Conner now you're never gonna start Conner

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Conner @ NYG
Gordon vs TEN
Metcalf @ ATL

I would go with Conner, you did not draft him in the 3rd to sit. His main knock is health which is not going to be better than it is this week.

Who do I choose for these guys, standard scoring:

Beckham Jr @ BAL
Chark vs IND

It feels like I am gambling with whoever gets a long TD, I don't see much of a difference between them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1304871215249666049

whoaaaaa

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

12-team, 0.5 PPR, who's my drop to pick up a kicker? Edwards? Or one of the TEs? Gesicki probably wouldn't get picked up by somebody else unless he goes off week 1 since most of the people in this league have two TEs already, or sometimes three.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Josh Jacobs
RB: Kenyan Drake
WR: DJ Moore
WR: AJ Brown
TE: Dallas Goedert
FLEX: Marvin Jones
FLEX: DeVante Parker
K:
D/ST: Titans

BENCH
RB: Chris Thompson
RB: Alexander Mattison
RB: Antonio Gibson
WR: Anthony Miller
WR: Diontae Johnson
WR: Bryan Edwards
TE: Mike Gesicki

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fire up your Boston Scotts

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dammit Miles

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

on the bored wop posted:

12-team, 0.5 PPR, who's my drop to pick up a kicker? Edwards? Or one of the TEs? Gesicki probably wouldn't get picked up by somebody else unless he goes off week 1 since most of the people in this league have two TEs already, or sometimes three.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Josh Jacobs
RB: Kenyan Drake
WR: DJ Moore
WR: AJ Brown
TE: Dallas Goedert
FLEX: Marvin Jones
FLEX: DeVante Parker
K:
D/ST: Titans

BENCH
RB: Chris Thompson
RB: Alexander Mattison
RB: Antonio Gibson
WR: Anthony Miller
WR: Diontae Johnson
WR: Bryan Edwards
TE: Mike Gesicki

Edwards has a lot of hype from training camp, if possible I would try and hold on to him for this week to check his usage. I don't know if you need to roster 7 WR though. Then again, I am not sure how much value Mattison has with Cook signing an extension. I almost feel like Miller is the odd one out at WR, even though he was likely a higher draft pick than Edwards. You already have 4 solid WR in your starting lineup, and I think both Edwards and Johnson have more upside (on paper) than Miller.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I would go with Conner, you did not draft him in the 3rd to sit. His main knock is health which is not going to be better than it is this week.

Who do I choose for these guys, standard scoring:

Beckham Jr @ BAL
Chark vs IND

It feels like I am gambling with whoever gets a long TD, I don't see much of a difference between them.

Chark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Edwards has a lot of hype from training camp, if possible I would try and hold on to him for this week to check his usage. I don't know if you need to roster 7 WR though. Then again, I am not sure how much value Mattison has with Cook signing an extension. I almost feel like Miller is the odd one out at WR, even though he was likely a higher draft pick than Edwards. You already have 4 solid WR in your starting lineup, and I think both Edwards and Johnson have more upside (on paper) than Miller.

That's a good point I hadn't considered. I'd heard some podcast talking heads talk about Miller potentially getting a ton of targets this year but I could see an Edwards blow-up giving a higher ceiling than that in the event he hits, which is probably what I want from an end-of-bench guy.