Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

My Focus is like that so Ford strikes again.

The process is really stupid and I hate it

-flip up seats
-start tilting backrest forward so you can get headrests out because they get caught on ceiling otherwise
-stash headrests
-maybe tilt front seats forward a little so you can actually fold backrests forward or squish the hell out of the seats so they'll clear

There was like no thought given to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

My WRX and Golf R were/are just as bad. Have to pop the headrests off to put the seats down.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Zero One posted:

From an earlier event but the 4D looks like it folds flat (with the headrests down)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pp42_CYCAM

About 2 mins in.

It looks like it's only "flat" if you have the slideout tailgate accessory.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Monkey Fracas posted:

The process is really stupid and I hate it

-flip up seats
-start tilting backrest forward so you can get headrests out because they get caught on ceiling otherwise
-stash headrests
-maybe tilt front seats forward a little so you can actually fold backrests forward or squish the hell out of the seats so they'll clear

There was like no thought given to it

You should try folding the seats on a late 70s-early 80s import. It was actually more difficult than what you described. And returning the seats was even more difficult because you had to fish the seatbelts back into use.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
If you listen closely you can hear millions of internet car guys sigh in relief as the weird niche vehicle they've been clamoring for for two decades straight and have often posted about buying on release has A Compromise they can point at when asked why they ended up in a RAV4.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Nohearum posted:

It looks like it's only "flat" if you have the slideout tailgate accessory.

True it's not clear how deep it is under that accessory (I have a hard time believing that the flat tray needs a lot of space though) but the seats still seems to fold better.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My Scion's rear seats fold flat with no interference unless the front seats are all the way back for some reason. It's nice not to have to gently caress around just to fold down the seats.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I can fold the rear seat in the Golf provided the front seat isn't too far back. If it's really far back I have to take off the headrests. Fortunately I position the seat normally just such that the rear seat will clear without taking off the headrests.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Snackula posted:

If you listen closely you can hear millions of internet car guys sigh in relief as the weird niche vehicle they've been clamoring for for two decades straight and have often posted about buying on release has A Compromise they can point at when asked why they ended up in a RAV4.

haha

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I can fold the rear seat in the Golf provided the front seat isn't too far back. If it's really far back I have to take off the headrests. Fortunately I position the seat normally just such that the rear seat will clear without taking off the headrests.

It's possible for the passenger side, but not the drivers side for me with my seating position.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My Scion's rear seats fold flat with no interference unless the front seats are all the way back for some reason. It's nice not to have to gently caress around just to fold down the seats.

I think my Leaf's would clear without the seats all the way back.

But I'm 6'4 so that ain't happening.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

My WRX and Golf R were/are just as bad. Have to pop the headrests off to put the seats down.

Didn't have to do that in my GTI. I'm also only 5'7" so I'm sure that plays a part.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, 6' 3" with a 36" inseam.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'd be thrilled if my WRX's seats folded at all. :smith:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I don't know how people live with non-folding seats. In the 2.5 years I've had my Stinger I think I've had the rear seats raised maybe a week total. Not that I've got stuff in there all the time, but way more often than I have passengers in the back so I just leave 'em down.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I didn't do much outdoors-y stuff when I bought the car. Over the last six years that's changed and it totally would've been a deal-breaker at the time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I bought a factory accessory cargo cover for my xB that covers the entire cargo floor area, the backs and up over part of the rear seats, it's like a thick canvas material.

Works great because it's a pain in the rear end getting sand and dirt out of the cheap rear end velcro carpeting

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Can't have rear seat problems if you don't have rear seats :c00lbert:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
you teens are in denial; you need to commit yourselves completely.

I'm having twin fantasies about the new Nissan z car and the new Toyota 86

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i hope the new Z is rad

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If they actually pull off a 240z retro revival, I'll take back all the poo poo I've said about Nissan.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 12, 2020

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i hope the new Z is rad

it's gonna be a CUV

everything is gonna be a CUV

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i hope the new Z is rad

Bad news: it's a Nissan.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Powershift posted:

it's gonna be a CUV

i know :negative:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I just hope it sounds better than the old VQ. Ugh

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Powershift posted:

everything is gonna be a CUV

:smith:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

On that, any rumors that the Mustang Mach-E-or-the-like power train will ever be in a normal looking Mustang?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I just hope it sounds better than the old VQ. Ugh

With a turbo, it's only going to get worse.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bull3964 posted:

So was my Toyota FJ IIRC. And it still wasn't flat.

The 2D Bronco not having interior accommodations equivalent to a Honda Odyssey is a real weird thing to get pissy about.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

bird with big dick posted:

The 2D Bronco not having interior accommodations equivalent to a Honda Odyssey is a real weird thing to get pissy about.

Snackula posted:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think anyone was getting pissy about it I just pointed out that it looked like poo poo in today's world where everything is a fuckin lego

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Am I the only one that is not terribly perturbed by the fact that the tiny body on frame SUV with massive rear solid axle doesn't have a perfectly Dodge Caravan-esque folding flat seat?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Snackula posted:

Now they'll never have to admit they wouldn't have bought one in the first place. Loss of car guy cred thankfully averted!

donut
Feb 4, 2001

Mental Hospitality posted:

Am I the only one that is not terribly perturbed by the fact that the tiny body on frame SUV with massive rear solid axle doesn't have a perfectly Dodge Caravan-esque folding flat seat?
I was confused by that comment too but I was hesitent to say anything because I drive a loving Yaris so what do I know, I'm glad I'm not totally crazy here.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The rear seat on my evo doesn't fold flat because there's two gently caress off huge beams bracing the chassis and a battery and a water reservoir behind the rear seat.

Not even a pass thru.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

My rear seats don't fold, either. But at least get a ballin' mini-fridge out of it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Toyota Century? Equus? Maybach?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

7 series?

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
JDM Van?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Back seat of an F-150 with the mini-fridge plugged into an outlet?