Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

*"sayonara" means "goodbye"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

I went out with a girl whose favourite pokemon is charmander. .. despite the fact charizard is MUCH more powerful

you must resolve to not let anyone date you until they defeat you in a pokemon duel

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

cuntman.net posted:

you must resolve to not let anyone date you until they defeat you in a pokemon duel

Sure, but then would their prospective date be interested in a scrub pokeloser?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm Momodora Reverie under the Something or Other, I do think its terrible design to give additional equipment only to people who defeat bosses flawlessly thus proving they don't need it. I don't know why you think its a good idea, but hey, you do you.

Coming off Touhou this is way more a metroidvania in layout but mein gott its just brutal with the damage output of enemies and that health is metroid controlled.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The game's not balanced around getting the extra boss items and I don't recall them being anything especially critical anyway, so I don't really see any problem with getting rewarded for doing really well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sometimes I feel like John Spartan in Taco Bell.

quote:

Hrm Momodora Reverie under the Something or Other, I do think its terrible design to give additional equipment only to people who defeat bosses flawlessly thus proving they don't need it. I don't know why you think its a good idea, but hey, you do you.

Someone gifted me that game a while ago, it wasn't bad. None of those boss items matter. The big titty witch you kill by smacking her breasts to death was pretty embarrassing though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Goodbye, Shadow... the Hedgehog....

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone gifted me that game a while ago, it wasn't bad. None of those boss items matter. The big titty witch you kill by smacking her breasts to death was pretty embarrassing though.

The items being good or not is still silly, they're functional items and have uses. I'd be fine if the trade off is I have to pay for them later, but making them one time only is doofy since again, they're rewards for people who don't need them. The first one also isn't amazing, but I still dealt solid chip damage to the second boss with it so its not like its just a blank medallion saying "no hit" like in Castlevania titles which is something Im totally fine with.

I finished the second boss you beat by punching her boobs which are the size of your adult human sized character and the entire tone of the game kind of got lost for a minute.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Infinitum posted:

A Feast for Odin + Norwegians Expansion
Azul
Cartographers
Munchkin Panic
Ticket to Ride.

Odin took 7 hours to play, with 4 players, and is legit one of my favourite games of all time. Started at 10am, finished at 5pm.
I'd like to do a big write up of it tomorrow in the board game thread, if I'm not stuck doing other things.

First 30min of this video does the How to Play if you're interested, the rest is just playing through the full game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6yxQ5bORnY

I was introduced to Azul last night! Fun game, but having a fully scripted version on tabletop simulator has spoiled me for whenever I play it physically.

Can say that about a lot of board games now actually.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Just wait till you see the next game the dev worked on where the characters idle animations are like 2 or 3 pixels of body movement and 10 of boobie jiggle.

I do not understand your point at all, the items are absolutely useful and even moreso in the hands of someone who understands the game enough to know when to press the i-frames button during boss fights

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Sometimes I feel like John Spartan in Taco Bell.
lmao this guy doesnt know how to use the sanbaka

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

xedo posted:

I was introduced to Azul last night! Fun game, but having a fully scripted version on tabletop simulator has spoiled me for whenever I play it physically.

Can say that about a lot of board games now actually.

My friends and I have really enjoyed The Captain is Dead in TTS, and we’re playing through a really well put together fan version of Jaws of the Lion. It’s a spin off of Gloomhaven, which is a game I’ve heard about a bunch but don’t know anything other than “It’s big”. I’ve eyed the Gloomhaven game on Steam a few times, but i don’t know how close it hews to the source

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

lmao this guy doesnt know how to use the sanbaka

I appreciate you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Barudak posted:

The items being good or not is still silly, they're functional items and have uses. I'd be fine if the trade off is I have to pay for them later, but making them one time only is doofy since again, they're rewards for people who don't need them. The first one also isn't amazing, but I still dealt solid chip damage to the second boss with it so its not like its just a blank medallion saying "no hit" like in Castlevania titles which is something Im totally fine with.

I finished the second boss you beat by punching her boobs which are the size of your adult human sized character and the entire tone of the game kind of got lost for a minute.

i think one of the endings is from perfecting every boss too?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Is there a more up-to-date or easier way to make a Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past clone than Hyrule Magic or Zelda Classic?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Struck by a deep, deep longing for the cinnamon rolls I ate regularly when I was in Reykjavik I have dug out a baking book I got for Christmas last year and am making a batch. First time doing anything with enriched dough, also my first time using my new Kitchenaid.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 12, 2020

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fresh cinnamon rolls from the oven are the food equivalent of a warm blanket on a cold winter day

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i think one of the endings is from perfecting every boss too?

You got me super worried so I looked it up and no, it looks like the ending is solely tied to weather you upgrade your main attack or not.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1304768250400530432?s=21

It's gonna be a laff and a half when Sony announces the $399 PS5 DE and all the talk about discs being important for poor people instantly dries up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The regular PS5 is going to be $599. I can feel it, in my bones. It's happening again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have a bunch of greens that are wilting pretty quickly so I am thinking I'm going to stir fry them. Also ground beef, egg, onions, broccoli, and basil, with noodles and some of the remaining Buldak (Cartoon Chicken Bomb) oil

I need to cut down the heat so I will probably save half the oil for a future ramen base

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

The regular PS5 is going to be $599. I can feel it, in my bones. It's happening again.

I can't envision a world where Sony fails to undercut Microsoft.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

abelwingnut posted:

what action-adventure game/rpg should i play next:

- breath of the wild
- xenoblade i
- xenoblade ii
- trials of mana
- link's awakening
- dragon quest xi
- octopath
- fire emblem
- okami
- nier: automata
- persona 5
- kingdom hearts series
- disgaea 4 complete (i still have this on hold at best buy. it was on sale for $35 so i figured why not add it to the collection. is it still worth adding to the collection at this point, or should i plow through all of these before it and buy it at a later date?)

maybe a better question is what order should i play through these?

Bloodborne

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

but what if i want them to

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kill mode sony: 349/399
Boring usual sony: 399/499
You will buy our games anyway lol sony: 499/599

Its one of these

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Help Im Alive posted:

I have not played it but what about Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: EVERY BUDDY

Incredibly good and second best MD title behind Shiren for clever use of mechanical puzzles and freedom to take it your own way, with SO MUCH post-game challenge content if you want more

Only thing I wish was in was the Cid mode from the very sloppy DS port but it was always slapdash

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Real hurthling! posted:

Kill mode sony: 349/399
Boring usual sony: 399/499
You will buy our games anyway lol sony: 499/599

Its one of these

None of these prices get me purchasing a PS5 in the launch window and it feels liberating.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is nothing coming out exclusively in the first few months that excites me. I guess if it turns out Gran Turismo 7 is a launch title than I am loving there, otherwise I see myself holding off wanting a PS5 after all.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Is there a more up-to-date or easier way to make a Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past clone than Hyrule Magic or Zelda Classic?

No. Some people are working it it maybe.

https://github.com/englercj/lttp

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

do we know how backwards the ps5's backwards compatibility is yet or is it still murky? i don't think they even confirmed or denied it would play ps4 games in the announcement iirc?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

do we know how backwards the ps5's backwards compatibility is yet or is it still murky? i don't think they even confirmed or denied it would play ps4 games in the announcement iirc?

Pretty much all PS4 games will work on it. Sony confirmed no PS1/PS2/PS3 support of any kind. It'll likely never happen, Sony is not interested in that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

It exists, probably plays most ps4 games. Not much else has come out.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

Pretty much all PS4 games will work on it. Sony confirmed no PS1/PS2/PS3 support of any kind. It'll likely never happen, Sony is not interested in that.

Pretty sure that was Ubisoft who said no pre-PS4 BC, not Sony, who still haven’t said for sure either way.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hmm I’ve only played two 2020 games this year, someone suggest a third so that I have something for the GotY thread

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dewgy posted:

Pretty sure that was Ubisoft who said no pre-PS4 BC, not Sony, who still haven’t said for sure either way.

At best, you'd get PS1 support. Generic PS2 and PS3 support will not happen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Hmm I’ve only played two 2020 games this year, someone suggest a third so that I have something for the GotY thread

Tonight we riot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

who cares if they're from 2020 or not

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bowsette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a bunch of greens that are wilting pretty quickly so I am thinking I'm going to stir fry them. Also ground beef, egg, onions, broccoli, and basil, with noodles and some of the remaining Buldak (Cartoon Chicken Bomb) oil

I need to cut down the heat so I will probably save half the oil for a future ramen base