Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's a crime that motorcycle luggage isn't sized specifically to perfectly fit a whole number of beer crates.

Idk the (apparently discontinued) bags that came on my fatboy list the capacity as 40 12oz cans or 1500 cubic inches.

https://www.westendmotorsports.com/...e-deluxe-plain/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

North Texas is a place of rugged natural beauty. :v:

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I love the whole MT line from Yamaha, that's a sharp bike. If they had the MT-03 on the floor when I bought a bike back a few months ago I probably would have saved a bunch of money and brought one home instead of my Scrambler (or if I was shopping now it would be a Tenere 700).

Also, content from this morning:

Finally put the passenger seat cover back on since my spouse is gone for a few months.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hauling some cargo on the R3 today.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Rolo posted:

Hauling some cargo on the R3 today.

Corndogs with a side of corndogs?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Jcam posted:

I love the whole MT line from Yamaha, that's a sharp bike. If they had the MT-03 on the floor when I bought a bike back a few months ago I probably would have saved a bunch of money and brought one home instead of my Scrambler (or if I was shopping now it would be a Tenere 700).

I dropped by my dealer this afternoon, they had several MT-09s and 10s but only one 07, no 03s and no Tenere 700s

I sat on the MT-09 and a Tracer 900 GT but I think I'm finally learning that sitting on a bike in a showroom teaches me approximately nothing

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Carteret posted:

Corndogs with a side of corndogs?

Big double, chicken nugs, corn dog and an extra corndog.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

A man of taste I see

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Getting a little more confident on the Scrambler, starting to take it on some fire roads and some baby's-first-offroad areas. Been having a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm probably posting too much, I'm just getting a lot more time on the bike lately and am excited.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Hell yeah brother bikes are fun. Post away

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Shelvocke posted:

Hell yeah brother bikes are fun. Post away

:emptyquote:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Jcam posted:

Getting a little more confident on the Scrambler, starting to take it on some fire roads and some baby's-first-offroad areas. Been having a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm probably posting too much, I'm just getting a lot more time on the bike lately and am excited.

:hellyeah:

earle motors built a couple very cool adv bikes off of monster and scrambler bikes for the one moto show a couple years back and they were fantastic looking

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jcam posted:

I'm probably posting too much

Never. I love seeing that bike, and seeing you take it places. How did it handle on the fire road? It's such a street looking bike, but I guess you can take a bike anywhere.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jcam posted:

:justpost:

It’s what we’re all here for

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If one dude posted one bike for entire page I’d be like hell yeah.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I *do* need to work on both my riding AND photo skills! hmm

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Coydog posted:

Never. I love seeing that bike, and seeing you take it places. How did it handle on the fire road? It's such a street looking bike, but I guess you can take a bike anywhere.

Surprisingly well actually, the tires are knobby enough to get some good bite in the dirt. It definitely gets a bit squirrelly in loose gravel but it was manageable enough that I can't wait to get it into more trouble on some terrain it's really not meant for. It makes me wish I had got a Desert Sled or just a real adventure bike, but I love how capable it is on the street too.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Jcam posted:

Surprisingly well actually, the tires are knobby enough to get some good bite in the dirt. It definitely gets a bit squirrelly in loose gravel but it was manageable enough that I can't wait to get it into more trouble on some terrain it's really not meant for. It makes me wish I had got a Desert Sled or just a real adventure bike, but I love how capable it is on the street too.

Haha we're basically going through the same thing with our Scramblers; any time I go down a dirt road I wonder if I should have gotten a DS. I will say, despite looking way better with the rear plate bracket removed, it severely limits your offroad enjoyment. No rear fender just means your back is getting dirty.

Which doesn't stop me, it just means my back gets dirty.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
wrong thread, edit

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Finally convincing my friends that small bikes are good bikes

My Juke 390 with my buddy’s new-to-him G310R

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Opened Maps, found a windy road far away, and hastily memorized the route. Didn't see another vehicle for those six and a half winding miles. Absolutely perfect day.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 8, 2020

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Go on, take the money and run.
Just a casual day in sunny California

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

California, Mare Acidalium

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

Opened Maps, found a windy road far away, and hastily memorized the route. Didn't see another vehicle for those six and a half winding miles. Absolutely perfect day.

Keep collecting those bookmarks in google maps, it allows you to categorize them in lists and then actually share with whoever. And keep posting them here if so inclined, plenty of PA goons here

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

:swoon:

To celebrate I.... packed a lunch in my saddlebags and had a picnic at a rest stop.

(by the time I got where I was going it was raining on all the fun roads, and I still only have summer gear)

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

FBS posted:

To celebrate I.... packed a lunch in my saddlebags and had a picnic at a rest stop.

(by the time I got where I was going it was raining on all the fun roads, and I still only have summer gear)

I like that dash way the gently caress more than the one on my MT-09 drat. Also my saddle bags showed up today but not the bracing part yet so lol.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

FBS posted:

Lol this is the most making do in north Texas thing.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Go on, take the money and run.

Nitrox posted:

Keep collecting those bookmarks in google maps, it allows you to categorize them in lists and then actually share with whoever. And keep posting them here if so inclined, plenty of PA goons here

Have you not fired up the app Calimoto? It attempts to find twisties for you. I've had some great fun with it.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Time to get the first service on my Ducati, and I'm not going to gently caress around and miss a scheduled service interval on an Italian vehicle, so I called the dealership where I bought it. They told me they couldn't take the bike for two weeks, and they'd previously said they only just got a Ducati contract, so they were still figuring things out. So.. gently caress that. The next closest Ducati place is in Boston, so I went Scrambling down the highway.

This thing is about as good on the highway as my Road Glide is on dirt roads. Not great, but that's not really what it's for.

Bonus photo taken while waiting for the dealership to open.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
My experience at every Ducati dealership "near" me (they're all 1.5 hours away) has been them telling me to just drop the bike off and they'll get to it as soon as they can, even for something as simple as resetting the service indicator light. To be fair they will also store it for a week or more, no charge, but making a 3+ hour round trip twice just to get simple things done makes me very unlikely to buy another Ducati any time soon.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
One of the deciding factors in buying my Scrambler was that the dealer is under 10 minutes from my front door; service has been a dream so far. I've been told they're the exception to the rule though.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

My 'guzzi dealer was one my regular dog walks and they kept bribing my dog with treats...it worked!. (Actually I used as an excuse to keep going and look at the bikes).
They've now moved, but only a couple of kilometers.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

What does "first service" on a Scrambler consist of?

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

And I washed it on Thursday before I put the tank cover on.

It was pretty though. Saw some snow showers rolling by at the high pass. 40f/4c with rain was the low temp point.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Right now every dealer service department in my area is absolutely crushed with work. I've been seeing 4 week plus waits for appointments. That said, at least they give a specific date rather than just saying we'll get to it when we get to it.

Ducati and BMW dealers are relatively available in my area but try getting an MV or Aprilia serviced and you'll be travelling. One other issue is that many dealers in the area esp for the big 4 are big dealerships that have horrible reputations so if you want to go to a well regarded shop rather than just any authorized dealer you'll be travelling anyway. I'm getting my MV serviced by a specialized performance shop with tons of MV experience rather than Motorcycle Mall which is exactly what you would guess from the name. Luckily KTM dealerships aren't too far.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 12, 2020

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

FBS posted:

What does "first service" on a Scrambler consist of?

Normal poo poo. Oil/filter, tighten bolts, safety check, and "connect DDS and check for errors and updates" (I assume that's some Ducati software). Nothing I probably couldn't do in my garage, but I'd rather have someone with more experience be the first one to service my bike.

The place I took it to is one of the longest running Ducati shops in Boston, and we got to talking about the dealership I bought my bike from. Apparently they're new to selling Ducatis as of 2020, and he's serviced a bunch of bikes purchased there that had dumb setup poo poo done wrong. My bike had the battery tray cover and band strap installed incorrectly.

I took backroads home. It took 3x as long but it was more fun and much more comfortable.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

night 2; was rainy af riding back from sewanee on parts of the TAT, but nothing terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Rode up to the city yesterday