Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

With how long it took for anything in the scene to change was almost convinced that was it. Would have been one hell of a way to end the show.

what kept me from believing was it was completely off the shows normal tone. Tim doesn't deserve to die, even wheb he was checking guns by pointing them at his head no one thought he'd kill himself just blow his skull off and get a plate or something.

Tim will be half cyborg from his injuries if this thing goes on for another decade just watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

abigserve posted:

Please. Please let there be the trial of Gregg Turkington.

The On Cinema Oscar Special Three?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Welcome to the thread, mr Lucas

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lucky axiom showed up to lend a hand. True brother

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
You bleed for your brother.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

If Tim got Nicholas Meyer as a witness for his trial, who would Gregg call on?

Now I'm imagining him confronting Rian Johnson over the Master of Codes plagiarism.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Now I'm imagining him confronting Rian Johnson over the Master of Codes plagiarism.

George Lucas directed all 152 minutes of the Last Jedi. Get your facts straight.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

How did I ever miss this dark piece of in universe tragedy :vince:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mobin couldn't hack it.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Steve Brule is one of the funniest and most horrific shows ever made.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm about halfway through the eight hour Office Hours episode and it's great. I'd never heard of Sarah Squirm before and just based on her there I really want to see more of her comedy.

Another highlight, Vic and Doug's dads talking to each other on the phone.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Sarah Squirm was a guest on an episode of Truthpoint recently
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/truthpoint/beauty

I guess there'd be a bit of overlap between the fanbases?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

She mentioned just recently being the opener for Eric Andre on his live tour, too. Which definitely would have some overlap with both Office Hours and Truthpoint fanbases.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I've been watching On Cinema on YouTube and I think subscribing to AS is why I get notifications for Truth point... But what is it? I watched a little of a random episode and it seemed sorta T&E at bits but mostly just really confusing. Is it supposed to be a Alex Jones spoof?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Yeah it's a kinda catch-all infowars/hacktivist thing. It's one of the shows on the adult swim stream some of which are good background noise and most of which have a call-in component which can be hilarious. I guess Tim and Eric Nite Live did the same thing years ago.

There's also a live skype dating show where the chat votes to select daters and suggests questions that is an immense guilty pleasure

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I really liked Tim and Eric Nite Live. I feel like it's the forgotten show of theirs (I guess understandably given the format) but it's so fun. And given when it aired it has to be near the start of the web series era.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Beef Boys being released early tomorrow on the Adult Swim website.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Gregg's Bond prediction from On Cinema - The Future of Cinema (2013)

"He may combine forces with other movie heroes. You may see James bond with r2d2, or with Bilbo Baggins, or with Spiderman, or maybe all of them in one big movie."

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Season 6 is such a good season. Nothing too crazy just the understated inanity that the earlier seasons got just right.

Tim comes back from Jackson Hole.
He reunites with Ayaka and TCH.
Dekkar 2 goes into production in Hawaii using Tim's new time share (financed by a very large small business loan from the government originally for the now abandoned Hog Shots project).
Gregg is brought in as a writer on the series.
We get the Paul Turbo/Paul Car suggestion.
Joe Estevez realises he hasn't been invited to film in Hawaii.
There is so much passive aggression throughout.

It just fits in my life just like one of those long tetris pieces in the right hole.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
And of course..

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

~**my little chickadee**~

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Much as I like season 6, I still think that Lucky Season 7 was the absolute height of On Cinema.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Finally - a trailer for Moonbase 8!

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1304812459165769729

Just how long has this been in development? I remember Tim and Eric talking about wanting to do a show about moon janitors back when Awesome Show was still on.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It's been at least a few years since they announced it. Maybe stuff like the orville and space force kept popping up and eating its lunch

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Get Fred to gently caress

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

A touching tribute to Paul Car

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I don't even know whats real anymore.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I can’t get over how apt this observation is.

https://twitter.com/JabroniSean/status/1304808035139948545

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

This is real life isn't it :smith:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

According to Tim, Moonbase 8 now has an official debut date: November 8.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

According to Tim, Moonbase 8 now has an official debut date: November 8.

Perfect, easy to remember full moon harvest= November moon base 8 the 8th.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Why are you guys talking about a TV show??

THIS THREAD IS FOR FILM BUFFS ONLY

The cast are three of the funniest guys around I can't wait

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've reached the point in On Cinema where Gregg has officially been made a co-host and Tim's look of morose as he has to do his own Popcorn Classic for Mystery Men is one of the greatest images I've ever seen.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1313223926311460869

TFW you realize you've been living in the On Cinema Universe (OCU) the entire time.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I thought it was clear in 2016 that Trump is a Tim character.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/1Rux9V6.mp4

huh fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

you want this:
code:
https://i.imgur.com/1Rux9V6.mp4
I love how clam Greg is during this. Just "well this is happening I guess..."