Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does that statement read like anything other than "Stop asking me about it" to anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Power of Pecota posted:

Does that statement read like anything other than "Stop asking me about it" to anyone

That's exactly how it reads

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

hifi posted:

i stay in the locker room (what i call my bedroom/video game room) during the national anthem

Same but i'm protesting gamergate still

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

hifi posted:

i stay in the locker room (what i call my bedroom/video game room) during the national anthem

I get as low to the floor as I can and wear tons of hats when they play the anthem

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

King Hong Kong posted:

The NFL should honor all Americans and protect “law and order” by announcing an indictment of Tom Brady on charges of child molestation.

:hmmyes:

Quiet Feet posted:

I get as low to the floor as I can and wear tons of hats when they play the anthem

If that’s not an easy option, sit on the toilet and take a giant dump.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I realize rankings are stupid and they're simply to get people upset, but the vikings being 16 is pretty bold.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/9/9/21428702/preseason-power-rankings-chiefs-ravens-saints

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the anthem genuinely sucks and idk why you’d stand for it anyway

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

King Hong Kong posted:

The NFL should honor all Americans and protect “law and order” by announcing an indictment of Tom Brady on charges of child molestation.

Yes. Tom Brady made me orgasm when I was a child from all those super bowls

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

get this guy to sing the anthem and i'll stand on the roof of my home while holding a stack of hats in each hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7VqpFSqP4

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

soggybagel posted:

I realize rankings are stupid and they're simply to get people upset, but the vikings being 16 is pretty bold.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/9/9/21428702/preseason-power-rankings-chiefs-ravens-saints

id swap them and the packers tbh. then swap the packers with whoever is 32

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Barudak posted:

DAZN has all NFL games but I think only outside the US. Its how I get all my sweet sweet Japanese language commentary from a man who sounds like he lusts for death.

Nice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

indigi posted:

the anthem genuinely sucks and idk why you’d stand for it anyway

I stand for every national anthem because that's when I go pee and/or get a beer

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
WYTS Browns came out, and the fan submissions are great:

quote:

When I went back home to Cleveland the person sitting next to me was unfortunate enough to be wearing a mask in Steelers colors. At the arrivals pickup at Hopkins airport, a guy in a pickup truck wearing a Browns jersey in July yelled while driving by “gently caress Pittsburgh!”. He proceeded to ram into the car in front of him at about 20 miles per hour. Screaming “Aw gently caress!” he immediately hit reverse, hitting a police car that had pulled up behind him. The man in the Steelers colored mask didn’t even look up from his phone because of ear buds.
I feel like this is a good representation of our main rivalry.

quote:

I moved to Albany, NY four years ago. One day I wore my Browns hoodie to the grocery story. A man was there with his young son. As I walked by he put his arm around his son and pointed at me. He said, “Son, that’s what a real fan looks like.” Last year I let my ex keep the hoodie.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Barudak posted:

Im not going to call it amazing or something but it works fine, the delay versus broadcast seems to hover around only a couple of seconds and it holds the games for you for 5(?) days after wards to watch if you want to catchup. For less than 20 a month its a good deal for me to have during the season then turn off and it comes with a bunch if sports anime for some reason.

Have they improved the delay in the last year or so? DAZN was consistently behind the nfl bite streams for me, and while the other features are pretty good (the gameplay only cuts are cool), between the delay and guaranteed having a game go down midway at least once or twice a day is pretty crap service.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

last time I stood for the national anthem was at a radiohead concert

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ehud posted:

Thank you for this, feels good to be walking with live version going through my head

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Owns

I'd always stand for the anthem at games. Mostly because I was with my Dad and then we could both pointedly sit and jeer the numbnuts still standing for "Proud to be an American". 9/11 really did break this country.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Someone’s mad about Thursday night

https://mobile.twitter.com/kcpolice/status/1304827360030715904

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Suspect confirmed white

https://twitter.com/kcpolice/status/1304893284624543744?s=20

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Baker sucks

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Look we can't divide ourselves from the people that want all minorities murdered.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Must suck having a QB who says stupid poo poo. Not like my dear babyfaced friend Joe Joseph Burrow.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1304819741341741057

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

basedker basedfield

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Coolwhoami posted:

Have they improved the delay in the last year or so? DAZN was consistently behind the nfl bite streams for me, and while the other features are pretty good (the gameplay only cuts are cool), between the delay and guaranteed having a game go down midway at least once or twice a day is pretty crap service.

Ive watched one game and delay seems not bad, if somewhat improved over last year using it, like a couple seconds. Its not flawless, but when I don't have any other real option it works fine. Ill see if has issues monday morning game day though but their servers should be at low tide anyway for American Football.

It has given me a deep hatred of the soccer* stat of "total number of passes" due to interstitial pop-ups.

*Its called Soccer in Japan, suck it UK the US got here first to this country!!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kneeling upsets the racists so I better not do it!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Kneeling upsets the racists so I better not do it!

It's just such an amazing way to guarantee that everybody hates you. Chuds have super long memories they're not going to forget that he was originally supporting it. Now his name is mud with both sides.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 13, 2020

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dudes gonna get benched by the end of the season IMHO

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Don't worry spineless moderates will applaud him working toward unity. The White Moderate that MLK bemoaned is alive and very well and will be appeased by the rushed vaccine that will be announced next month.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't worry spineless moderates will applaud him working toward unity. The White Moderate that MLK bemoaned is alive and very well and will be appeased by the rushed vaccine that will be announced next month.

Current polling is basically “yeah gently caress that I ain’t getting a rushed vaccine” so I doubt it. One had only 20% of people want one when it first comes out.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

I can't wait for football to start too, so I can see em promote the GMO's the pesticides, the vaccines, the alcohol, booze, insurance and hollywierd, the banks, the corona virus, all the bullshit, how the NFL wants your kid to fight the war; speaking of bullshit check this: Superbowl = 41, the NFL 2020 starts 41 days after Tom Brady's 43rd birthday(8/3/2020), chalk em up for a Superbowl appearance. 51st superbowl of the modern era, Tampa = 51. Let's rewind...Superbowl 53(16th prime) Patriots = 53, Los Angeles = 53. 16 total points scored in Superbowl 53. Patriots scored 13 points, 13(6th prime) Brady, Belichick and Kraft win their 6th Superbowl ring together in new England, 666(36th triangular)Tom Brady's first superbowl victory was superbowl 36(8th triangular)Kobe won a championship that same year with the "Fakeshow". Tom Brady was 41 years old, 41(13th prime). Tom admitted that his wife is a witch, witch = 63, Tom Brady's Superbowl record 6-3, for kicks, Broom = 63. Superbowl 42, Giants vs Patriots. Patriots were trying to go for the perfect season 19-0, but instead they lost and ended up 18-1 (181/42nd prime, hence Superbowl 42). "New York Giants" = 181. Superbowl 42 is known for the Helmet catch, Helmet catch = 98, Tom Brady = 98, Eli Manning = 98. Helmet catch =199 as well, 199(46th prime) "Tom Brady" = 46 same teams meet in Superbowl 46 with the same outcome, Tom Brady 199th draft pick in the 6th round

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Current polling is basically “yeah gently caress that I ain’t getting a rushed vaccine” so I doubt it. One had only 20% of people want one when it first comes out.

They'll be adequately assured by a few words from the president don't you worry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They'll be adequately assured by a few words from the president don't you worry.

It’s literally his words that are causing these polling numbers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
With everything that's happened in the past year I can't think of many things more meaningless than what an athlete does during a performance of the anthem.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

seiferguy posted:

WYTS Browns came out, and the fan submissions are great:

Oh my god, that first one is perfect.

I really love that feature, last year's Chiefs one had the single best burn I've ever seen on Kansas City:

quote:

You know how you can spot tourists in big cities because they look dorky and they’re wearing the shirt of the city they’re in? In KC, it’s the exact opposite.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s literally his words that are causing these polling numbers.

Counter point: Americans are loving stupid

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will probably delay getting a vaccine if there's any sort of shortage. I have no risk factors I'm capable of working from home and I have a good health plan. I should be the last priority for vaccination if supplies are limited.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I doubt any of us will actually have to delay. A roll out should begin with healthier front line workers then the most vulnerable and eventually the average person. That's assuming professionals are in charge of the vaccine roll out which is maybe not a given.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's assuming professionals are in charge of the vaccine roll out which is maybe not a given.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know how after the last 6 months that anyone could have faith in any part of a vaccine rollout in the US being competent or functional.