Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

Thanks for the video links. I'm hoping that more videos can be released by tjpw so that the content creator can add more stuff to the Kanna video that they couldn't put in the first time.
He has done such an outstanding job with the script that I’d pay some kinda patreon for him to put out one Joshi video a month, regardless of promotion. It’s so well researched and he lets moments speak for themselves, the way he lays out videos makes me feel like I’m right there with the girls experiencing the same things they are.

I didn’t watch the Kanna video until today and I have barely passing knowledge of her but his video made me an instant fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I thought maybe they had quietly dropped the TCS angle but they said that match is now taking place on 9/28 in Korakuen Hall.

Still very interested to see where they go with that.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/syuri_wv3s/status/1302575251717414912?s=20

Syuri withdrew from her recent bookings, and she just announced it was because her mother passed away. Only 58 years old. Please send some kind thoughts.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

drat, that's still relatively young.

https://twitter.com/GirlFightWrest/status/1302659843485044739

Honestly, the idea of a Knuckles / Yung brawl intrigues me, too bad this doesn't seem to have any video release planned.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Syuri's mom had cancer. Sounds like she fought it for a long time, too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1riT4wf_CX8

stardom presser going on now. new yokohama date is 10/3. previosuly scheduled red and white belt matches will be held then

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mayu, who is the Ace of the biggest Joshi promotion in Japan, left her key in her front door and then left, and is now locked out of her apartment complex, waiting for a fellow resident to come back and let her in.

Update: She also forgot her wallet and airpods when she left

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How has she...survived till now, being this absentminded?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Presumably by maxing out her luck stat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

being part of a tight-knit group (and eventually being invaluable to that group) and not living in a worse place to be scatterbrained both help a lot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

Mayu, who is the Ace of the biggest Joshi promotion in Japan, left her key in her front door and then left, and is now locked out of her apartment complex, waiting for a fellow resident to come back and let her in.

Update: She also forgot her wallet and airpods when she left
I don't remember where I said it but she's gender-swapped Kota Ibushi and I cannot imagine how either of them manage to live as functional adults. They're really good specifically at pro wrestling but they're also the living embodiments of The Lemmings video game

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 9, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Min-maxed human beings. It's a good thing Mayu is in a stable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

How has she...survived till now, being this absentminded?

How has Kota

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember where I said it but she's gender-swapped Kota Ibushi
I agree and it's extremely accurate right down to their shared hatred of healthy necks.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember where I said it but she's gender-swapped Kota Ibushi and I cannot imagine how either of them manage to live as functional adults. They're really good specifically at pro wrestling but they're also the living embodiments of The Lemmings video game

Now I want to see her in a match in DDT where she randomly shoots fireworks at Yuka who has to use all her magical power to avoid them.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The reason she is so scatterbrained is the same reason she can take so many necwbumps: No brain stem.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Germansimp posted:

Now I want to see her in a match in DDT where she randomly shoots fireworks at Yuka who has to use all her magical power to avoid them.

She would more likely be friends with Yuka and Mizuki, who are both fireworks-aficionados in their own right

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1304289251639484416?s=19

Natsumi Maki and Mina Shirakawa are both leaving TJPW at the end of the month

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That sucks but both of them will be awesome freelancers if that's what they decide to do.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Bummed that Natsumi never really got a main event push. Hope to see them again someday.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This is coming off the heels of Manase leaving too, so I wonder what's causing these girls to leave? The three of them felt more like guests to the promotion rather than core roster so I wonder if something of an amicable split where they're not good enough to be TJPW aces, but they've got much higher ceilings that the promotion can offer them.

Natsumi is the one I'm most interested in, she has a lot of really raw talent and if she had a good mentor she could be one of the best, but she didn't quite click well against anyone in TJPW. I wouldn't sleep on Mina either, she looks like an international model but works her rear end off to improve in the ring and the most surprising thing when I started following TJPW was that her instagram wasn't full of gravure thirst trap shots, she was just a big nerd building Gundam models and giving them custom paint schemes based on her gear and an infinity for free-style rapping

Another random thought, this leave Kamiyu on her own because both of her best friends left the promotion, and Maki Itoh is her only real-life friend left in the promotion, even though they haven't really interacted in stories that much. Mina's exit feud was with Kamiyu being jealous of her getting more opportunities and Mina slapped her down by saying it was because she worked harder and earned her spot. I could see Kamiyu being torn between joining the Itoh Respect Army or Saki's Biishiki-gun

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kamiyu has something going with Mahiro at the moment that I'm interested to see more of.

Hikari has already declared that her tag team with Natsumi is simply "on a break" and Haku-san made it sound like they could still come in once in a while and are just not going to be regulars anymore.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

RealFoxy posted:

I wouldn't sleep on Mina either, she looks like an international model but works her rear end off to improve in the ring and the most surprising thing when I started following TJPW was that her instagram wasn't full of gravure thirst trap shots, she was just a big nerd building Gundam models and giving them custom paint schemes based on her gear and an infinity for free-style rapping

Mina rules. I noticed whenever I took photos at TJPW shows and put them up on Twitter, Mina would hit like on the ones where she looked cool but retweet the ones where she was getting stomped in the gut and/or making a stupid wrestling face.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MinaShirakawa/status/1165261846112194560?s=19

Never forget

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cat's Pye was one of my favorites because Manase already had one of the greatest buttrock wrestling themes of all time but it was made better by Mina ad-libbing rap lyrics over it and making the other two come along for the ride, every time they did it they seemed like they were having the time of their lives.

For prosperity, here's Manase's absolute banger buttrock theme
https://soundcloud.com/user-167551353/milshyvnb1rm

Johnny Landmine posted:

Mina rules. I noticed whenever I took photos at TJPW shows and put them up on Twitter, Mina would hit like on the ones where she looked cool but retweet the ones where she was getting stomped in the gut and/or making a stupid wrestling face.
I don't know if there was a company directive or if it was totally natural but most members on the TJPW roster absolutely love interacting with fans on Twitter and Instagram and it never felt forced

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 11, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom now follow Natsumi Maki and Mina Shirakawa. The only non-Stardom wrestler they follow is Drew Parker

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Stardom now follow Natsumi Maki and Mina Shirakawa. The only non-Stardom wrestler they follow is Drew Parker

They've now unfollowed them so either they jumped the gun or I'm right in that closely following their twitter follows like that is a bit silly.

Also GWB is WRONG here: they also follow two other non-Stardom wrestlers: Tay Conti and David Arquette.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tay Conti doesn't wrestle for STARDOM... yet :getin:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/farrahakase/status/1304864559526633473?s=19

gently caress

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Every time I think it can't possibly get sadder, it gets sadder.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

gently caress

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Let's do some 5*GP math now that we're down to one last show

Red:
Himeka - 9 (beat Tam)
Mayu - 8 (beat Himeka)
Tam - 8 (beat Konami)
Konami - 8 (beat Mayu)
Giulia - 6
DEATH - 4
Tall Saya - 3
Kid - 2

On the 19th:
Mayu vs Tam
Giulia vs DEATH
Konami vs Himeka
Kid vs Tall Saya

Himeka advances with a win or a draw and Mayu loss.
Mayu advances with a win and Himeka loss. She also advances if Himeka/Konami draw and she wins.
Tam advances with a win and Himeka loss, as she holds the tiebreaker over Konami
Konami advances with a win and Mayu win/Tam Loss or Mayu/Tam draw.

Blue:
Utami - 9
Maika - 8 (beat Utami)
Momo - 7
Syuri - 6
Kyona - 6
Tora - 6
AZM - 4
Giant Saya - 0

On the 19th:
Momo vs Kyona
Utami vs Syuri
AZM vs Maika
Giant Saya vs Tora

Looks like Utami can advance with a win or if Maika loses.
Maika advances with a win and Utami loss or draw as she holds the tiebreaker. She also advances with a draw and Utami loss.

Giant Saya would very much like to get 2 points and will probably beat Natsuko via DQ or something

I have probably overlooked something and hosed it all up!

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 13, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Maika is the TAKA trainee right? Isn't she only about 12 months into her career?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah, she's getting the Utami Rookie Rocket Push

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm still very new to STARDOM and I haven't been following the storylines much beyond posts in this thread due to time constraints, but based on what I do know I think Tam is the likely winner of Red Block, and of the tournament. She's been a pretty central figure since they restarted, and her overcoming Ace Mayu to win the tournament after Himeka being upset (Triangle Lancer's Win Percentage IS 100% after all) and thereby overcoming the tiebreaker seems like really good booking to keep pushing this as her Breakout Moment.

Tam's also had ongoing issues with Giulia, so a final against Maika, who is Giulia's stablemate, and whom she's only fighting because Utami lost (or more likely draws) with Syuri, who is ALSO Giulia's stablemate, is also very smart overall booking which gives Tam and Giulia's next confrontation a center-stage of the company level spotlight.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW just announced that Natsumi Maki's final (regular) match in TJPW will be against Hikari Noa.

Hikari also announced that because her tag partner is leaving, she will leave the tag division and work as a single's wrestler.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

TJPW just announced that Natsumi Maki's final (regular) match in TJPW will be against Hikari Noa.

Hikari also announced that because her tag partner is leaving, she will leave the tag division and work as a single's wrestler.
Hikari needs the rub, Miu and Raku have grown into their own. Hikaru is still "Girl who has a bunch of ear piercings" to me and that's basically the only notable thing about her, two groups of rookies are passing her up.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I like Hikari but I'm always taken aback by how soft her promos are. I like her in-ring the most of the uupg but Miu isn't far behind and also has a character that I feel is quite strong.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hikari definitely has the largest disparity between "visual persona" and "actual personality." Just an insanely sweet person.

She has one of the coolest shirts in all of wrestling as well!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I like the hoodie and the mask aspect of her ring gear. Do we know whose Mina's last match in tjpw will be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Neodoomium posted:

Hikari definitely has the largest disparity between "visual persona" and "actual personality." Just an insanely sweet person.

She has one of the coolest shirts in all of wrestling as well!

I asked her if she was gonna start selling the rad shirt she's always wearing and she told me it wasn't merch, but a gift someone made for her :(