Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

saints spending money like they're expecting a federal investgation

The saints are _73 million dollars_ over the 2021 cap. The could cut drew brees, Terron Armstead, Malcom Brown, Nick Easton, marshown lattimore, janoris jenkins, taysom hill, Ryan Ramcyk, and cameron jordan and still be over the cap.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hasn’t Drew Brees said he’s retiring after this year?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hasn’t Drew Brees said he’s retiring after this year?

He has said that like every year for the last 3. But with how they just spent money I think they really believe him because this entire team is getting torn down to the studs after this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Brees got a dummy cap year and a contract with NBC Sports when he retires. This is his last ride losing in the playoffs in hilarious fashion

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Imo this is the year The Saints have a disaster season where everything goes wrong and they stagger to six wins.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I fully expect some sort of vaccine to get pushed out before November and I'm not touching it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if it’s the Oxford vaccine or something from China I’ll be fine with it

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Don't forget most of the TFF games are back this year:

Eliminator Season 17
Kicker Eliminator
1KYOB

They are cool and they all have prizes you can win. Go win a new emote for SA or something, I dunno!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Imo this is the year The Saints have a disaster season where everything goes wrong and they stagger to six wins.

This would be more hilarious than a heartbreaking playoff loss imo. So long as the six wins are against the nfc south tho.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Eh, I’ll be happy when they win the Super Bowl this year and he retires a two time Super Bowl champion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6-FMx_gu6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ytiMg01oQ

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Silly Burrito posted:

Eh, I’ll be happy when they have another playoff loss to the underdog Vikings.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Saints have a lovely schedule, and even though they seemingly play all their hard games at home, I don't see how they'll get homefield throughout in the playoffs with the Bucs and Falcons sitting there.

I want the saints to win the wildcard and have to go to like green bay in the first week of hte playoffs during a covid blizzard. Brees has a Dan Marino-esque last game then gives corona to all his little future chud kids.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
FOOOOOOOOOOOOT

BAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

This would be more hilarious than a heartbreaking playoff loss imo. So long as the six wins are against the nfc south tho.

So you're hoping that they pull a Raiders.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

braving the smoke-filled air to put my Seahawks flag up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29871858/sources-tom-brady-was-new-orleans-saints-backup-plan-drew-brees-retired-offseason

quote:

Had Drew Brees retired after last season, as the Saints believed he might, New Orleans' backup plan was to sign Tom Brady -- and he was interested in going there, league sources told ESPN.

In the opinion of sources close to the situation, a union between Brady and the Saints was more realistic than many realized -- and it was an option up until the days before free agency opened, despite Brees' previous public comments in mid-February that he was committed to playing in 2020.

Saints coach Sean Payton and Brady share a respectful relationship, and the Saints believed they could land Brady, according to sources.

But the idea of the move was contingent on Brees retiring, which he ultimately opted against doing this year. New Orleans' wait to pursue Brady lasted until mid-March, shortly before Brees finally agreed to sign a two-year, $50 million deal on March 13. Four days later, Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers reached agreement on a two-year, fully guaranteed $50 million deal.

But in the days leading up to both deals, there was discussion in the Saints' organization about how the former New England Patriots quarterback could fit into New Orleans' offense, according to sources.

At the time, Brees was considering television offers, including the one that he ultimately accepted from NBC to become an analyst for the network whenever he finished playing. But Brees gave consideration to starting his TV career this season.

The Saints were not the only team interested in Brady, as the Los Angeles Chargers expressed interest and had conversations with the six-time Super Bowl champion, and the Miami Dolphins also expressed interest and made a late run, although those talks never progressed.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
lmao brees 100% didn't retire because he didn't want the team to win a superbowl the year after he did

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

God, Ehud's head would've exploded if that last bit came true.

But yeah, I heard this a while back as one of the main reasons Brees came back.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's really striking to me that both of them signed two year, $50 million deals

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Brees has a Dan Marino-esque last game then gives corona to all his little future chud kids.

if you're gonna be that edgy you might as well say the n-word

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That seems awfully defensive of drew brees honor

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Today is the day Joe burrow ascends to his rightful place. Hope for a long rule. Dalton came in the lockout shortened offseason, Burrow brought plague.

The next Bengals QB will probably set off the Dakota supervolcano at that rate of escalation. May Joe play for 30 years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1305156025322860544?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1305158177063829511

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AQI 170 is the point at which *everyone* starts being adversely affected. Now think about what happens to pro athletes breathing as hard as possible over 3 hours.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

God, Ehud's head would've exploded if that last bit came true.

But yeah, I heard this a while back as one of the main reasons Brees came back.

I don’t think I would have made it through this year

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1305163444782592000?s=19

The NFL is insane

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
L.F.G.

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1305141340343238656?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

The NFL is insane

This seems like the type of decision you can't give to the player. He might feel pressured, he might be insane, either way just tell him he can't go today.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I hope Mike Evans plays

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The NFL has clearly avoided the COVID pandemic successfully, so what's a little poor air quality for football players?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Brady will face Brees for the fourth different decade (if you count 2020 and not 2021) since they both played against each other for the first time in 1999 (Purdue vs. Michigan) :corsair:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope Mike Evans plays

Same but he has a history of hamstring issues so maybe pushing it in week 1 isn't a great idea.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fluid in his lungs no doubt

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Going to be so strange watching Redzone.

"OK Scott, that was some exciting play in New England, now let's cut over to news of a touchdown in Hell"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tarbrush posted:

Going to be so strange watching Redzone.

"OK Scott, that was some exciting play in New England, now let's cut over to news of a touchdown in Hell"

Well you have to show Atlanta some time, I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The shooting yesterday at Arrowhead stadium was a Raiders fan and he posted this wonderful thing.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10100333984325269&id=73800674

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

quote:

Son of Bitch rear end White Folk's

Mods, my username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Go figure I forgot my MacBook Air at home so I won't be able to watch any football while at work as my work iMac is a piece of poo poo & is struggling to run with Photoshop hogging all the memory on this project I'm trying to make deadline.

How's the stream quality of NFL Bite(?) on phones?