Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
We're all here for you, Brian, in these trying times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also, no offence, but get ready, because it's getting pushed back again.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Dan Didio posted:

Wonder Woman's been pushed back to Christmas time.

A gas station near me has had a cardboard display with branding for this movie on it in their store for months. I don't remember what product it holds it but every time I see "WW84" in there I think it's some retro wrestling thing until I remember it's a movie that was supposed to have been released.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thank you, GokuGoesSSJ3.

And let me say, he sure does, my friend, he sure does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

A gas station near me has had a cardboard display with branding for this movie on it in their store for months. I don't remember what product it holds it but every time I see "WW84" in there I think it's some retro wrestling thing until I remember it's a movie that was supposed to have been released.

I laugh every time at work I see a WW84 branded product, but not as much as all the coke with Olympics plastered all over it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So who here saw caps dick

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

site posted:

I'm sorry, what?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Some weird thing where Chris Evans accidentally leaked his own nudes I think? I only found out about it just now when I went to Twitter specifically trying to figure out what that post was talking about.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I laugh every time at work I see a WW84 branded product, but not as much as all the coke with Olympics plastered all over it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lmao, yeah he leaked a d-pic. Gotta say, his rear end is def the better proportioned asset.

Edit: That's burying the lead though, because he had this meme on his phone, which I find hilarious

https://twitter.com/harrysaerial/status/1304854504773427202?s=19

McCloud fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 12, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was showing a video from his phone's photo gallery on an IG story and didn't end it before the video ended and his gallery reappeared.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
If somebody leaked their own nudes by mistake but still didn't want their nudes to be out there, I mean, let's not talk about it here other than you know, "hey, it happened."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah I feel weird discussing this, it's not really anyone's business.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah it is to be honest incredibly gross to look at someone's nudes that they or anyone else accidentally leaked. Don't do that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If I were super famous and people made weird memes of myself I'd probably save those too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

site posted:

Catridgeblowers are you the same person who did hosting on sgdq a few weeks ago

Yes that guy was me
I read donations out loud
And lots of haiku

Hi thread! Let's not talk about weird celebrity nudes anymore. Instead, on the talk of Cyborg in the JL film, I'm not sure anyone really knows what to do with him. I think he's got a lot of potential but like, no one really delves into what makes him different from the others. He's a Marvel character in a DC world.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Yes that guy was me
I read donations out loud
And lots of haiku

Hi thread! Let's not talk about weird celebrity nudes anymore. Instead, on the talk of Cyborg in the JL film, I'm not sure anyone really knows what to do with him. I think he's got a lot of potential but like, no one really delves into what makes him different from the others. He's a Marvel character in a DC world.

Well for starters, he's a black athlete that becomes disabled, and considering a large portion of his self esteem and the esteem and value of others is tied into his athletic prowess and how he now has to adjust having lost that and how to come to terms with being differentially abled and that his value is not tied to how much many touch downs he can score, I'd say there's lots of fertile ground to explore. Ray has talked about how important it was for him to not have his character just be an empty catchphrase, and he said he felt he had a lot of agency in how to develop the character, so I'm pretty excited for that

Also of some interest, dc fandome has a little documentary up about The Dark Knight Trilogy, if that's your thing

https://www.dcfandome.com/video/insiderverse/5f343a57ad87080017244add

I'm 15 minute in and it's pretty good!

Codependent Poster posted:

If I were super famous and people made weird memes of myself I'd probably save those too.

I'd say there's even odds of it being sent to him by a buddy who found it hilarious

McCloud fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 12, 2020

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

McCloud posted:

Well for starters, he's a black athlete that becomes disabled, and considering a large portion of his self esteem and the esteem and value of others is tied into his athletic prowess and how he now has to adjust having lost that and how to come to terms with being differentially abled and that his value is not tied to how much many touch downs he can score, I'd say there's lots of fertile ground to explore. Ray has talked about how important it was for him to not have his character just be an empty catchphrase, and he said he felt he had a lot of agency in how to develop the character, so I'm pretty excited for that

Oh no, I agree with you! I think Cyborg can be a great character. But no one has ever really given him that push. When I said he's a Marvel chracter in a DC world, I feel like he's a character who has to deal with real personal issues of belonging, self-worth, etc. But that's never the angle other media takes with him. I dunno.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

site posted:

You mean America's Dick

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Oh no, I agree with you! I think Cyborg can be a great character. But no one has ever really given him that push. When I said he's a Marvel chracter in a DC world, I feel like he's a character who has to deal with real personal issues of belonging, self-worth, etc. But that's never the angle other media takes with him. I dunno.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way, I just talked a bit about him in JL :v:

I don't know much about him outside a few of the titans cartoons and maybe his JL issues, but I'm excited for his first official live version big screen outing*

*His first big screen outing, as we all know, was the teen titans go movie

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dan Didio posted:

Wonder Woman's been pushed back to Christmas time.

Unsurprising. Tenet made $20 million over 2 weeks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would have seen Tenet opening weekend if it wasn't for all of this, but I'm going to wait for it to appear on digital.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Cartridgeblowers posted:

The Teen Titans animated series does a good job with it, albeit that version of the character is significantly more goofy than normal.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Roth posted:

The Teen Titans animated series does a good job with it, albeit that version of the character is significantly more goofy than normal.

Teen titans go ruined the original Titans series for me. I can never take those voices seriously again, especially Robins.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would have seen Tenet opening weekend if it wasn't for all of this, but I'm going to wait for it to appear on digital.

You and nearly everyone else on the planet.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr Hootington posted:

You and nearly everyone else on the planet.

Hey now. Some of us wouldn't go see Tenet if there wasn't a deadly pandemic.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Some of us live in areas that actually managed to curb the covid spread and can enjoy theatre visits. I quite recommend it.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

McCloud posted:

Some of us live in areas that actually managed to curb the covid spread and can enjoy theatre visits. I quite recommend it.

...I live in Nashville :negative:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

McCloud posted:

So Not America then

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FlamingLiberal posted:

So Not America then

Eh there are parts of America, like New Hampshire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, you can't trust numbers from dictatorships like the US.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

So Not America then

Not even close, and thank god.

Uhm, no offense

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

McCloud posted:

Not even close, and thank god.

Uhm, no offense
No I wish I wasn't here right now since I also live in a state where the government has refused to take any real action against the virus, even the most minimal ones

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

No I wish I wasn't here right now since I also live in a state where the government has refused to take any real action against the virus, even the most minimal ones

Whatup, fellow “my state is actively trying to kill us” bud

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At least with Tenet not doing that well in theaters it will probably expedite it's arrival on digital release, I hope

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I live in NY and it’s been doing very well, but even then we don’t have movie theatres open because they want to keep it that way.

I really wanted to see Tenet. :smith:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

At least with Tenet not doing that well in theaters it will probably expedite it's arrival on digital release, I hope

Even here they block off half the rows, and also two seats on either side of you, so even a "fully booked" theatre is operating at like 30% capacity.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

twistedmentat posted:

I adored the big standup with "TOP GUN: MAVERICK - JUNE 2020" filled with merch in our local Walmart yesterday. I forgot that was even supposed to happen.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really want to see it, but lol I'm not going into a theater.

Edit: how did bill and ted do? That was released digitally and I bought it that Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Kang as the villain in Ant-Man 3? hopefully not a one-off then

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1305540788097490944