Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Trails of Cold Steel is a good game set in a military academy, it does a low stakes persona thing with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
i wish theyd put ff13 on switch bc i never played it

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

ff13: ftw, or suck???

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ftmfw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

13 -> 13-2 -> Lightning returns
Good better best

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Needs to be on PS4

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The 13 series is like the most anime of all the FF titles, so ymmv depending on your tolerance for that kind of melodrama. 13 is really linear but has good combat. 13-2 is much more open ended and fun imo, but also that much more nonsensical. Lightning Returns is pretty different altogether, I didn’t get far in it but people around here seem to like it a lot.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Bicyclops posted:

picturing a twilight zone genie hearing "i want more final fantasy 8" without qualifiers and having the best day of his life

ffviii is now real, you junction your significant other and they eat your childhood

brb, creating an ideal image of my perfect waifu/thermonuclear weapon
japan knew and was preparing us

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

ive been playing ff9 and that game owns except it should have been a ps2 game because it runs like crap. 15 seconds fight transitions get the f*ck right out of town

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

All the games in the 13 series are good for different reasons. I'm still slowly playing thru LR, but I don't think it's a long game at all since you're incentivized to do multiple runs. It would be sick to do the starting area with a stacked game cleared Lightning. Hell yeah

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
i only played 13 but it was really cool. will play through all 3 of them at some point

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Finished up Remake tonight, hell of a final chapter

So I guess those ghosties were trying to make sure the story of the original game happened and I murdered them now? So who knows what will happen in the future. I hated them originally and found it so frustrating that Jessie broke her ankle due to an absurd ghost invasion but it makes a lot of sense now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol Re:Coded is another spinoff retelling KH1. Thank you square. At least it's way more fun than CoM and the ability synthesis stuff seems sweet.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They reelased a phone game only in Japan with major story stuff in it. Square ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Want to find out what happens with Organization 13? Please purchase Kingdom Hearts: Memento of a Memory on the Wonderswan or Kingdom Hearts: Requiem for a Heart on Virtual Boy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Want to find out what happens with Organization 13? Please purchase Kingdom Hearts: Memento of a Memory on the Wonderswan or Kingdom Hearts: Requiem for a Heart on Virtual Boy.

i will

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!
i've only played kh1, but it seemed clear to me from it that the plot would never make any sense, nor be intended to

and i had no trouble of making sense of poo poo like xenogears, etc

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

People play Kingdom Hearts for the plot?! :aaaaa:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've been playing Dream Drop Distance and it's good but it definitely feels like a lesser Birth by Sleep, and it has some B tier Disney Worlds. The environmental attacks are cool and probably a little too strong. Riku continues to be the best character in the series.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I liked DDD a lot but gaining abilities with the dream eaters was a pain. Command fusion in BBS was a lot more fun

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

sleater-cummy posted:

ive been playing ff9 and that game owns except it should have been a ps2 game because it runs like crap. 15 seconds fight transitions get the f*ck right out of town

IMO FF9 should be regarded as a PS2 game that happens to be playable on a PSX

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

sleater-cummy posted:

yeah been playing the pc version and the speed up cheat moguri has makes it so much less tedious

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB_Gxcq6yc0

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

suddenly feeling really stupid about not being able to get the motorcycle trophy......

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wrapped up the org XIII data fights today and they were awesome, except for maybe one or two annoying ones like the berserk guy (the weird hovering movement for using huge swords feels bad and I don't understand why it's like that)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing FF3 NES after blasting through FF1 and 4 GBA and I already like it more, this game is sick

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcGqmL8dQ0

hell yea

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm going to have to buy a Playstation 5 now. Faram.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've played almost every final fantasy game (the first time through) with my brother but i think us both having toddlers is going to make that impossible for this one. maybe i'll stream it so he can watch along.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FF16 looks so good...it's got dragon's dogma staff working on it

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

came to this thread to woot loudly about ff16

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

:same:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

who cares where's kingdom hearts 4.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i've played almost every final fantasy game (the first time through) with my brother but i think us both having toddlers is going to make that impossible for this one. maybe i'll stream it so he can watch along.
that is cool. me and my brother used to do the same thing but we're old so the last time we went through an entire game together was FFX lol.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FF16 is so for me I can't believe it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It looks sick.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

final fantasy ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Badass.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

final fantasy ftw

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It looks sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't know what's going on, but they used the song.