Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DesperateDan posted:

Didn't he do something like claim to be able to solve the problems preventing ai but chose not to do so because it was a poo poo idea?

I get the creepy vibes too but still watch his stuff if it's something I know I'm gonna be interested in, but it's not like lgr/techmoan where i invariably watch anything they put up because they can make anything interesting

Reminds me of how I was really excited for hacktivism in the early 2000's but it turned out most people behind it were actual nazis and assholes who wanted to feel important. There's good and bad people out there reviewing old tech is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Bible posted:

I've heard this several times but never with an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXOH1tJJu4

See how he treats the nice tasteless British gangster rap guy.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Someone post the gun screenshot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Duckula posted:

This one?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Well he is in Texas.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Texans are weird about guns. He's no exception, but you knew that from the moment you found out he was a Texan.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

A middle aged white man from Texas with an interest in firearms? Absolutely shocked.

I enjoy the content despite having no nostalgic ties to the equipment he covers. The bits he reveals about his personal life give me weird vibes though. I wouldn’t trust a man who willingly lives next door to his parents.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Some Goon posted:

Texans are weird about guns. He's no exception, but you knew that from the moment you found out he was a Texan.

I've been in public with people openly armed and it never makes me feel comfortable, this is in texas. At least when it's bikers that do it, it fits their persona. 8bit guy is the exact kind of atypical brained nerd that goes on a shooting spree.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some Goon posted:

That was also the moment I unsubscribed :shrug: (Well, I didn't know he was Texan, he just started talking about how he wants to gently caress and cum in a gun which I guess should've clued me in.)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That was also the moment I unsubscribed :shrug: (Well, I didn't know he was Texan, he just started talking about how he wants to gently caress and cum in a gun which I guess should've clued me in.)

LOL I'm a native texan and I agree with all of you about not liking or trusting texans.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like how his gun is placed in a holster that just barely holds the gun.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I like how his gun is placed in a holster that just barely holds the gun.

Wouldn't be so bad except his belt ain't even keeping his pants up, nevermind the gun.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

Wouldn't be so bad except his belt ain't even keeping his pants up, nevermind the gun.

The quote in a vacuum sounds like an idiotic teenager, like, "I skateboarded right in front of the cops and they didn't do poo poo!!!" And yet, his posture in the picture is that of someone clearly scared shitless. He's a monster dweeb is what I'm saying, and a bitch at that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I thought that was a Zapper lol.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

he just started talking about how he wants to gently caress and cum in a gun

Link?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

The quote in a vacuum sounds like an idiotic teenager, like, "I skateboarded right in front of the cops and they didn't do poo poo!!!" And yet, his posture in the picture is that of someone clearly scared shitless. He's a monster dweeb is what I'm saying, and a bitch at that.

Stupidity, pride, and insecurity mark a man's face more deeply than intelligence, humility, and confidence. Posture, too, evidently.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

At least techmoan is pure as the driven snow

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

his profound love of 80's/90's american rap music always makes me smile.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

r u ready to WALK posted:

Techmoan is a white supremacist, based on a set of political viewpoints I just completely made up myself and then projected onto him.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if LGR is bad please nobody tell me ever thanks

same with Civvie 11, if he's a nazi I just don't want to know until someone else can do comedy in front of dosbox that isn't total garbage

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

blatman posted:

same with Civvie 11, if he's a nazi I just don't want to know until someone else can do comedy in front of dosbox that isn't total garbage

LGR seems to very deliberately not touch politics with a 50 foot pole in his videos, but I get a distinct Good Dude impression from him overall

Civvie is... a little complicated; on the one hand, he seems to really go out of his way to not be offensive in his videos and has a bit character (Cancermouse) where the entire joke is how much Civvie hates Nazi bullshit. on the other hand, he's a hardcore fan of the Postal games and gives them a lot of advertisement, and even shows up in Postal 4, and, uh, Running with Scissors are loving giga chuds. he seems like an overall OK dude who just has a massive blind spot with this one particular game series.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

blatman posted:

LGR/8-Bit Guy/Techmoan is a nazi is a perpetual cycle and last time it flared up it was because LGR was willing to do a review on Ion Fury and everyone played Internet telephone.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the specific impression I get off LGR is that he has good opinions on most things, if not everything, but he's also not extremely online and doesn't really hear about stuff like the Ion Fury clusterfuck as fast as the rest of us do.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

It's really a situation of separating the artist from the reviewer of the art that he's reviewing.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I envy those who are not terminally online

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Duckula posted:

Somebody post the video where he and his friends walk around his town, open-carrying rifles and pistols to 'educate the public about gun rights'.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Moo the cow posted:

Somebody post the video where he and his friends walk around his town, open-carrying rifles and pistols to 'educate the public about gun rights'.

He's probably a sovereign citizen too.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Moo the cow posted:

If this really happened, I will reverse my opinion of him. I'm a full blown insane gun nut but I want zero association with weridos that open carry for performative reasons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
We'll find out LGR's beliefs when we find out that his favorite game as a kid was Ronald Reagan's Ignore the AIDS Epidemic 86 or something.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Dip Viscous posted:

If this really happened, I will reverse my opinion of him. I'm a full blown insane gun nut but I want zero association with weridos that open carry for performative reasons.

AFAIK it wasn't a video but there was like a facebook post of him open carrying an AR15 with something to that effect in the post.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Dip Viscous posted:

Apologies, I was thinking of 8 Bit guy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Cojawfee posted:

We'll find out LGR's beliefs when we find out that his favorite game as a kid was Ronald Reagan's Ignore the AIDS Epidemic 86 or something.

Being he’s from Winston-Salem and resides in Asheville I’d put money on him being a well meaning but somewhat annoying Bernie-bro. It’s either that or hyper mega turbo chud if he’s outside of city limits. Interesting place Asheville.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Here's the 8-bit guy vid. If'n you go through the comments there's one where he says he let his 11 year old carry, which is a step beyond the level of crazy I expect out of Texans, the YT app won't let me copy comments though so you'll have to go digging, it's in a reply to a comment.

Clint's expressed displeasure in Trump and that's as far as I've seen him say anything.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
Okay, fuckin' yikes. Every part of this is wrong. I shoudn't have defended him before.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

the specific impression I get off LGR is that he has good opinions on most things, if not everything, but he's also not extremely online and doesn't really hear about stuff like the Ion Fury clusterfuck as fast as the rest of us do.
Iirc his review mentioned the unfortunate developments about the devs or some slight nod to the shitstorm.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

GI_Clutch posted:

The 8-bit guy just gives me weird vibes. Like he has a secret room filled with Nazi memorabilia or something.
He has pretty well acknowledged his brusque demeanor is an issue, and despite this he clearly goes out of his way to be welcoming towards his fans, so I am currently giving him the definite benefit of the doubt.

O.K. I see the gun stuff has accelerated. Well, my craziest gun friend in real life started his kids on gun safety training at like age 8 so it would be hypocritical of me to stop watching 8-Bit Guy's videos for being slightly less crazy. Well except for the open-carry stuff. But if my crazy gun friend were Texan something tells me he would be doing that, too. Regardless in my opinion the standards for evil have changed so much under the current administration that "letting your kids use guns" no longer even really registers unless they are sending their kids to threaten Black Lives Matter protesters

Steve Jorbs posted:

I wouldn’t trust a man who willingly lives next door to his parents.
Who hurt you? :smith:

Growing up everyone wanted to come to my house because my parents were the only parents who actually welcomed everyone equally and did not judge people for having mohawks or wearing trenchcoats or being trans or whatever. If I still lived in my hometown I would rather live next door to them than still live with them???

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Look, at least we can all agree that Neil from RMC is good.

... Except for the "RMC" name itself :negative:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trabant posted:

Look, at least we can all agree that Neil from RMC is good.

... Except for the "RMC" name itself :negative:

Who's that?

E: oh Retro Man Cave. Yeah he's great if you want to watch a show where the host invites someone on and then never lets them talk at all.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

LGR seems to very deliberately not touch politics with a 50 foot pole in his videos, but I get a distinct Good Dude impression from him overall

The closest he’s ever gotten to politics is cracking a joke about Donald Trump in the run-up to the 2016 election, and wearing an “I voted” sticker in a few videos. He just seems to chill to get worked up over politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That approach often results in people being yelled at for not being vocal enough but I haven't really seen that, either.