Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Legit no they dont. Half of their insane base does purity balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Legit no they dont. Half of their insane base does purity balls

I've lived in deep-red areas of red states most of my life and never seen a real-life reference to a purity ball nor known anyone who attended one

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Child Drag shows = Bad

Child Beauty Pageants = Proud Southern tradition

Can't allow competition for any future Jon Benet's.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
https://twitter.com/MrAlAnderson/status/1305219899787284482

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I've lived in deep-red areas of red states most of my life and never seen a real-life reference to a purity ball nor known anyone who attended one

i know multiple people who have, it's a very specific niche intersection of homeschool/promise keeper/fundie set, but not nearly the most extreme set of that. it's a step beyond purity rings and i kissed dating goodbye stuff but not as extreme as people i know who did gender segregation

but yeah its still niche, definitely not "half the base", and a very different niche than the child beauty pageant stuff. purity ball stuff tends to be closer to the sects that only let women wear floor-length dresses and no makeup than to the beauty pageant belle culture in my experience

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

similar thing happen lately in Poland, ruling party leader made bill proposal that would ban fur farming, majority of conservative politicians are closely related to fur farming and the right is really displeased about it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

RustyKnight posted:

similar thing happen lately in Poland, ruling party leader made bill proposal that would ban fur farming, majority of conservative politicians are closely related to fur farming and the right is really displeased about it

How is that similar?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kind of strange to see some crips at the bloods rally.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

I don't know which is worse: if they are talking about the website or the clearly psychopathic character from The Boys

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

exmachina posted:

I don't know which is worse: if they are talking about the website or the clearly psychopathic character from The Boys

it is a scene from this week's episode of the boys

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

exmachina posted:

im pretty sure its gonna end up as both. or at least, she is an analog for white nationlism/suprememcy. i thought the name for the character was just like a coincidence but lol at that 70s rain scene - i think they named her that on purpose as a direct connection to the site

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

It is.

KoRMaK posted:

i think they named her that on purpose as a direct connection to the site

They did.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
"my eyes used to be young and strong, at least until I stared at the sun for several seconds and caused permanent, latent damage"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ymgve posted:

"my eyes used to be young and strong, at least until I stared at the sun for several seconds and caused permanent, latent damage"
i think it was Galileo who said that

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
this is the only Sun I’ll respect

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

KoRMaK posted:

im pretty sure its gonna end up as both. or at least, she is an analog for white nationlism/suprememcy. i thought the name for the character was just like a coincidence but lol at that 70s rain scene - i think they named her that on purpose as a direct connection to the site

Ever since the Pokemon CCG had an expansion named Stormfront, I can never be sure if companies know what they're doing, or are just dumb.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/astoneabcnews/status/1305025133199781889

How!
Oct 29, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

Yeah, and Liberty.net was apparently a similar site to Stormfront.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

i am having trouble understanding what exactly the point of this comic is, other than "Ramirez will do mpreg work for the right price"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try this one:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Jay Rust posted:

Try this one:

They gave this rear end in a top hat 2 Pulitzers

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I think they call them"Father Daughter Dance" events.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/DubyaEraLeft/status/1305280099701452821

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Riatsala posted:

They gave this rear end in a top hat 2 Pulitzers

drat they reall y undervalued him

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Try this one:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/R3volutionDaddy/status/1305269136197521413

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i will admit that i am stumped and cucked by the ramirez cartoon.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Guy was obviously on a kamikaze run but by amazing coincidence picked a spot with minimal camera coverage and was able to get away and elude pursuit.

I give him a day max before he gets riddled full of more holes than Dorner, but the convergence of luck and coincidence is pretty amazing.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

KoRMaK posted:

Furthermore, the comics character she's based on was a male superhero created in Nazi Germany. The TV show gender-swapped Stormfront to make her a narratively-stronger rival to Homelander, a virulent misogynist.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pththya-lyi posted:

Furthermore, the comics character she's based on was a male superhero created in Nazi Germany. The TV show gender-swapped Stormfront to make her a narratively-stronger rival to Homelander, a virulent misogynist.

The actress is charming, and Homelander's such a psycho that it's nice to see him with something to worry about.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

Guy was obviously on a kamikaze run but by amazing coincidence picked a spot with minimal camera coverage and was able to get away and elude pursuit.

I give him a day max before he gets riddled full of more holes than Dorner, but the convergence of luck and coincidence is pretty amazing.

Could've been a cop gang-related hit like when that 18 year old kid got killed in front of the club where he worked and the cops destroyed or confiscated all of the security footage

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Chillgamesh posted:

Could've been a cop gang-related hit like when that 18 year old kid got killed in front of the club where he worked and the cops destroyed or confiscated all of the security footage

Not that I'd put it past them, but a blatant hit in broad daylight like that makes it seem unlikely.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

The actress is charming, and Homelander's such a psycho that it's nice to see him with something to worry about.
Not to get too TVIV but the new season seems very well put together and relevant. Show is better than the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Eat This Glob posted:

Lol. I literally can't tell fiction from reality at this point.