Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Karen Davis
@BikerKaren
Angsty, introspective indie guitar rock for fans of Joan Armatrading, Tracy Chapman and Patty Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It's like how Lauren Southren got pissed that guys were telling her to shut up and get back in the kitchen and she was confused why alt right guys were like that.

Maybe they think their whiteness will protect them from being treated like poo poo, but yeah, women like her (or, mutatis mutandis, some of the bride recruits for IS) always remind me of the Commander's wife in The Handmaid's Tale, who also seems really bitter about her ideology basically having achieved success, meaning she engineered her own prison.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Maybe they think their whiteness will protect them from being treated like poo poo, but yeah, women like her (or, mutatis mutandis, some of the bride recruits for IS) always remind me of the Commander's wife in The Handmaid's Tale, who also seems really bitter about her ideology basically having achieved success, meaning she engineered her own prison.

Yeah Serena Joe was partly based on Phyllis Schlafly who helped killed the Equal Rights Amendment and expected to get a job in Reagan's cabinet and oops no place for you there sweetie.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah Serena Joe was partly based on Phyllis Schlafly who helped killed the Equal Rights Amendment and expected to get a job in Reagan's cabinet and oops no place for you there sweetie.
A self-own for the ages

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Mr Interweb posted:

pim tool is apparently a literal millionaire thanks to his youtube channel

i don't know how accurate this is, but i hear it mentioned a lot. i'd expect a 6 figure salary sure but millions is pretty impressive, even if he's a massive shithead

possibly more due to the crowdfunding donation drive thing he's done before, which as I remember collected most of its cash in a lump of about a million
https://wefunder.com/subverse/updates

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
shouldn't right/libertarian be actual children

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

An insane mind posted:

I think he's being paid for the privilege of Right-Wing douches being able to say "I don't hate the LGBTQs, I watch Rubin and he's one o' dem f-words" The fact that it doesn't work is incidental.

rubin's an absolute pos, but man, can't help but respect the grift. how many jobs do you know that people people literally millions of dollars because their employers THINK you're making a difference when in reality you're not doing a damned thing?

sorry, but i take issue with this. the bottom two have to be clearly reversed :colbert:

Flesh Forge posted:

possibly more due to the crowdfunding donation drive thing he's done before, which as I remember collected most of its cash in a lump of about a million
https://wefunder.com/subverse/updates

quote:

$1,200,379
total funds raised
total investors

:thunk:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I can totally see that. Even the women on the right who want to be part of a traditional family unit still want their freedom to do their own thing. None, or at least very few, dream of being completely subjugated by their husband, which is what she's saying.

It's like how Lauren Southren got pissed that guys were telling her to shut up and get back in the kitchen and she was confused why alt right guys were like that.
That market is small and dwindling, and would literally be a subset of fundamentalist (in the sense of going back to the early Church fundamentalist) Christians whose entire life revolves around their church and who are super into Biblical gender roles.

Like, spending all day Sunday at church and attending church group stuff multiple other nights, only have friends who attend the same church, and are a compound in the woods away from being a cult kind of fundamentalist. Think, someone who grows up wanting to go to Liberty University and you're imagining the right kind of person.

I only really am connected with Protestant conservatives though, maybe there's a market for that kind of thing in other religious groups, but I doubt it.

There's a whole universe of gritfey bullshit targeted at that demographic already though, and the overlap between that world and people who get super into youtube personalities is basically zero. The closest that group gets to being connected online is Facebook groups, and even then, it's a tertiary part of their life.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
libertarians were tired of getting owned by those compass memes so they thought they'd make some of their own and they're really bad at it

saw some ancap doing one where the premise is everyone but the left axis is against that Cuties film and then people found out he's literally into lolicon

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Dr. Killjoy posted:

libertarians were tired of getting owned by those compass memes so they thought they'd make some of their own and they're really bad at it

saw some ancap doing one where the premise is everyone but the left axis is against that Cuties film and then people found out he's literally into lolicon

Did he do the 'it's just pictures of cartoons' thing or the 'she's actually a 1000 year old vampire' defense?

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

goons itt have already called out the bottom left/right sections, but top left is also making me scratch my head a lil. surely abby shapiro belongs on the upper right? and upper left should be like, those soviet sniper women from World War II?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

lmao

why is it always that libertarians seem to come in two stripes only: the ones who desperately want to be able to say "friend of the family" with no repercussions, or dudes who want to gently caress kids

I mean since the whole "I wanna smoke weed lol" crowd got thinned out with partial legalisation or decriminalisation initiatives, the racists and the pedos seem to be the only ones left in that group

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

cool dance moves posted:

goons itt have already called out the bottom left/right sections, but top left is also making me scratch my head a lil. surely abby shapiro belongs on the upper right? and upper left should be like, those soviet sniper women from World War II?

yeah i was gonna comment on that part too

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pope Hilarius II posted:

lmao

why is it always that libertarians seem to come in two stripes only: the ones who desperately want to be able to say "friend of the family" with no repercussions, or dudes who want to gently caress kids

Self selective population of almost exclusively middle-upper class white men. The pedophile thing is just a natural extension of people who based their political belief around anger over being told the words "no, you can't"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pope Hilarius II posted:

lmao

I mean since the whole "I wanna smoke weed lol" crowd got thinned out with partial legalisation or decriminalisation initiatives, the racists and the pedos seem to be the only ones left in that group

Because although left libertarian is a thing that people worldwide might identify as, the number of people in the US who do is statistically insignificant. Kinda like how a conservative liberal is something that folks outside the US might identify as, but next to no one in the US would.

There's plenty of people in the US who are left libertarian in the original meaning, just like there's plenty of conservative liberals, just absolutely no one is going to identify as such because no one gives a poo poo about original meaning.

Anyone calling themselves a left libertarian is going to spend 10x the time explaining that they don't want to rape kids or dump toxic waste in poor neighborhoods than they would to just say they're a leftist and leave it at that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Groovelord Neato posted:

I had no idea Schlafly was basically auditioning for a Reagan post. That is both hilarious and pisses me off immensely.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the behind the bastards podcast did a two parter on her recently thats pretty good. however they left out how god owned her by blessing her with a gay son

the world is a harsh and unfair place where schlafly of all people has a gay son and mine just keeps calling me trying to get me to meet his non-adopted grandkids, whose existence i refuse to acknowledge

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

cool dance moves posted:

How dare you leave out the Night Witches.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao I had no idea Sargon was using his new twitter account to tweet about how cool Sargon is.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Christ that's a blast from past, I forgot he was a thing. I suppose since "new atheism" kinda died, and there ate only so many Anita Sarkesian videos you can do, he's struggled to remain relevant.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pope Hilarius II posted:

lmao

I haven't seen explicitly pedo friendly libertarians lately, on the contrary they seem to join in on right wing histrionics over Cuties and some pedo law in California recently.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/sairasameerarao/status/1304940790251229186?s=21

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

agreed. the character needs to be black OR brown. it’s very confusing when the character is both????

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Endless Trash posted:

agreed. the character needs to be black OR brown. it’s very confusing when the character is both????

My superhero "chocolate chameleon" who can change between different colours of chocolate is problematic now? gently caress.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂŤÂ̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓gĂŤÂ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao I had no idea Sargon was using his new twitter account to tweet about how cool Sargon is.

It's koalas all the way down

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I can totally see that. Even the women on the right who want to be part of a traditional family unit still want their freedom to do their own thing. None, or at least very few, dream of being completely subjugated by their husband, which is what she's saying.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
this (joke) reply made me snort laugh

https://twitter.com/ClimateWarrior7/status/1305072383955435520

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this lady never fails, her takes are always Fresh and Hot.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

POC are unknowable, eldritch beings.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

miniscule12 posted:

POC are unknowable, eldritch beings.

On the other hand you have that white chick's book about border crossing recently that was like "Maria never knew the luxury of air conditioning and indoor plumbing. Despite being a college educated bank manager, her meager pueblito was but the capital city of Monterrey. No matter, the mysteries of wealthy gringos would wait as she saw Don Ramón, leader of the secretive Mala Muerte cartel, had entered the room"

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Groovelord Neato posted:

has he finally taken a break from simping and begging shoe0nhead to stop talking with leftists

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

FilthyImp posted:

On the other hand you have that white chick's book about border crossing recently that was like "Maria never knew the luxury of air conditioning and indoor plumbing. Despite being a college educated bank manager, her meager pueblito was but the capital city of Monterrey. No matter, the mysteries of wealthy gringos would wait as she saw Don Ramón, leader of the secretive Mala Muerte cartel, had entered the room"

this kind of thing is solved by not being a racist weirdo tho. most people are capable of that

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

somehow the goony white dude who did Lovecraft Country didn’t have this problem. It wasn’t even that good of a book! Now it’s a prestige series libs are soyfacing over. Maybe you’re just a bad writer!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Go look at how many times he posted last night after this lol

Destiny's head is too big for he own body

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

twistedmentat posted:

Is Lauren Southern the one who went to a “muslim no-go zone” in Australasian, lamented that there were no pubs, when there were like two pubs just out of frame wheee she shot the video?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TakeThatDarwin/status/1305211577801547778?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bargearse posted:

Is Lauren Southern the one who went to a “muslim no-go zone” in Australasian, lamented that there were no pubs, when there were like two pubs just out of frame wheee she shot the video?

Yes and thanks for reminding me as it is a great laugh.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Babylon Bee used to actually be funny when it was jokes targetted at evangelical churches rather than jokes supporting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah but that poo poo happens on a regular basis it's nothing to do with it being impossible for authors to write poc characters its white authors writing what they think is true and a publishing industry to eager to accept any tale of misery & woe as a true to life hardscrabble minority survival tale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Seltzer

quote:

In 2008, Seltzer published her first book, Love and Consequences: A Memoir of Hope and Survival,[1] about her alleged experiences growing up as a half white, half Native American foster child and Bloods gang member in South Central Los Angeles. Shortly after publication, the book was proven to be completely fictitious: Seltzer was actually fully white, grew up with her biological parents in the upscale San Fernando Valley community of Sherman Oaks and attended Campbell Hall, an affluent Episcopalian day school in the North Hollywood area of Los Angeles. [2] [3]

While promoting the book in radio interviews with WBUR's On Point and NPR's Tell Me More, Seltzer spoke with an African American Vernacular dialect and frequently referred to alleged gang friends as "homies" and "my home girl."[4][5]

Before being exposed as fabricated, the book was praised as "humane and deeply affecting" by Michiko Kakutani of the New York Times

Like, 5 minutes of checking would've been enough to call bullshit. I think that book has a famous line where she says "the first bit of money I earned, I bought a coffin, knowing I probably wouldn't make it to 30" and reviewers raved over how deep and gritty it was.