Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If steam’s doing it does forcing its stupid controller settings stuff to “off” fix it? It’s weird, never had the problem until tonight.
Yes that's what I had to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Even then I sometimes have my guy continuously jump for no reason or my right stick stops working till I disconnect and reconnect. It’s bonkers how janky rear end this game is considering the amount of money they had have to had put into it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Invalid Validation posted:

Even then I sometimes have my guy continuously jump for no reason or my right stick stops working till I disconnect and reconnect. It’s bonkers how janky rear end this game is considering the amount of money they had have to had put into it.

I don’t know if that’s entirely on them- Steam is really bad about deciding to convert your inputs into other poo poo without asking you, or even telling you it’s doing it. A bunch of people took advantage of that recently to make that Garfield kart racer turn off your pc whenever you pushed a button, but stuff like Prey and Rocket League also had some massive controller fuckery happen through steam. It’s obnoxious.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Campbell posted:

Attempts to lift giant rock - is interrupted to death. Manages to lift rock - is shot out of my hand.

Worth noting I was trying a +7 elite vault so yea that prolly helped.

you can dodge without dropping the rock!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How much does mission level matter? Would doing Hulk's iconic mission at power level 18+10 be a bad idea if Hulk is only power level 8?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

RatHat posted:

How much does mission level matter? Would doing Hulk's iconic mission at power level 18+10 be a bad idea if Hulk is only power level 8?

Yes, it would be difficult. Enemies over 5 levels higher than you hit like trucks, and you'll go down in two hits.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Don't like how a Challenge II mission's level changes in the middle of it when I upgrade my gear, makes the grind seem endless

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Seedge posted:

Yes, it would be difficult. Enemies over 5 levels higher than you hit like trucks, and you'll go down in two hits.

Well drat. Guess I gotta get 20 more gear levels on Hulk.

EDIT: Oh wait, I don't think I necessarily need to do that mission as Hulk.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RatHat posted:

You’re misreading the mission difficulty.

The 18 is the power level of the mission. The red +10 is how many levels higher that is than your corresponding character’s current level.

18 is +10 more than your hulk’s 8.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

You’re misreading the mission difficulty.

The 18 is the power level of the mission. The red +10 is how many levels higher that is than your corresponding character’s current level.

18 is +10 more than your hulk’s 8.

Ah, I get it. Thanks

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

If you get everyone up to 40 power, they will be able to do any of the Iconic missions that you unlock.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Also, if you're not just zerging the main objective you can easily make up 5 power by doing the dynamic objectives. But yea, over 5 maintains tough throughout - and if it's Taskmaster, you're screwed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What am I missing about fighting the fire adaptoid guys? I think I can only actually lower their health bars when they stop being on fire, but how tf do I do that? It feels random.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

fadam posted:

What am I missing about fighting the fire adaptoid guys? I think I can only actually lower their health bars when they stop being on fire, but how tf do I do that? It feels random.

Beat the poo poo out of them. It’s like the blue shields that enemies get sometimes.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I really don't understand the mission power ratings. It seems that I level up my power and the missions also increase in power so it's no actual benefit?

This is after I've specifically been in to shops to buy and upgrade gear as high as I can, I've got characters who get killed in 4 hits because every mission is at a minimum +2.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 13, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fellblade posted:

I really don't understand the mission power ratings. It seems that I level up my power and the missions also increase in power so it's no actual benefit?

This is after I've specifically been in to shops to buy and upgrade gear as high as I can, I've got characters who get killed in 4 hits because every mission is at a minimum +2.

That might also be because of map modifiers. The torpedo status means you can get one or two shotted like nothing. There's a melee damage one too that really makes thinks rough.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is the challenge card the free season pass they were talking about for pre orders? How long does it last?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Challenge cards never expire, unlike basically every other battlepass.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Soonmot posted:

That might also be because of map modifiers. The torpedo status means you can get one or two shotted like nothing. There's a melee damage one too that really makes thinks rough.

Getting both of them at once is a really good way to spend more time hitting dodge than actually attacking

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Leveled the Hulk twenty times just running to the first checkpoint and restarting over and over again on DotR while watching football lol

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
People are speculating there's some sort of multiplier for experience when you have a max level character or that it might be cumulative if you have multiple. Purely anecdotally I do feel like I've gone from levelling up twice per average mission to 3/4 times per mission now that I've got a few at max level, even the super quick drop zones make me level multiple times. If true that'll make levelling Kate and Clint up when they come out a bit quicker.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I just got this game on PS4 for my birthday, my username's the same there as it is here. Been running through the campaign (just got to the HARM room and going to go fetch Tony). I think I'll clear the campaign before I move into multiplayer (especially with the apparent matchmaking issues going on). I've been having fun so far! The game feels more intuitive than the beta.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

thebardyspoon posted:

People are speculating there's some sort of multiplier for experience when you have a max level character or that it might be cumulative if you have multiple. Purely anecdotally I do feel like I've gone from levelling up twice per average mission to 3/4 times per mission now that I've got a few at max level, even the super quick drop zones make me level multiple times. If true that'll make levelling Kate and Clint up when they come out a bit quicker.

I feel like this is true, each of my subsequently leveled characters ended up at a lower power level at 50. I’ve essentially been doing Quick Play for alts.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Dumb little detail I just noticed, cap puts his feet in a boxing stance when he’s not moving. It’s great considering most of his melee attacks are punches.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

And his boot laces are hanging out, which is a no go in the Army...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea all his idle animations are like, shadow boxing and stuff, it's cool. There's so many little touches in the game, like if you idle next to another avenger in a hub they have little conversations sometimes, or everyone knocking before going into Kamala's room, Cap calling out to whoever's room he walks into. Really just highlights how badly they needed a few more months to sort out the actual loving gameplay.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ok I'm totally into the game now. Finished the story, which amused me when I was told the final mission was incoming at like 58% campaign completion. I still get a little miffed when in an at-level mission a rocket does 85% health in damage, but I at least know why that is now. Rocking it with Thor, though I should really level the other heroes so I can do the iconic missions comfortably. Surprisingly, only ran into a small handful of bugginess. Having to restart a whole mission once like I mentioned before, and now in the Chimera one of the background SHIELD soldiers lives in the floor. I've touched zero multiplayer, but I hear it's not the most stable right now.

I was telling a friend of mine how much fun I was having with it and he ended up interrogating me with a point-by-point list of criticisms he'd heard elsewhere. Like dude, I'm not asking you to buy it and play with me. I think it's flawed but good, but absolutely needed more time in the oven.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
On multiplayer if you just want to quickmatch and play with 1-2 other heroes it works totally fine. Granted the bar should be higher than that, but I’ve played continuous multiplayer for hours at a time with absolutely 0 issues and it’s fun

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

fadam posted:

Leveled the Hulk twenty times just running to the first checkpoint and restarting over and over again on DotR while watching football lol

If anyone else wants to do this, and I don’t recommend it unless you’re doing something else, you only need to reload the checkpoint after hitting the objective. You don’t need to exit back to mission select or anything. Also set your difficulty to challenge 4 since it seems to go faster.

Honestly just play the game since it’s about the same level up speed and sucks less

E: it’s a 200m jog for approximately 1/4 of a level at about lvl20. So it’s at least somewhat efficient

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 13, 2020

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do vendor items work? I buy something but never see it show up in any Inventory

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

How do vendor items work? I buy something but never see it show up in any Inventory

I've never had an issue with purchasing gear from vendors but anything related to cosmetics is completely hosed at the moment.

y_y posted:

I feel like this is true, each of my subsequently leveled characters ended up at a lower power level at 50. I’ve essentially been doing Quick Play for alts.

This is my exact experience. Kamala was my first and it took me forever and was about power level 100 when i got her to 50, Thor was my 5th and he's barely like 55 power level. Hulk is my last and I'm getting about a level every objective I finish.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I gotta say, when this game works it's a lot of fun. And the story campaign is pretty solid.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah I just had this happen too. Maybe we bought gear for another hero and didn't realize? I dunno.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea all his idle animations are like, shadow boxing and stuff, it's cool. There's so many little touches in the game, like if you idle next to another avenger in a hub they have little conversations sometimes, or everyone knocking before going into Kamala's room, Cap calling out to whoever's room he walks into. Really just highlights how badly they needed a few more months to sort out the actual loving gameplay.

I noticed sometimes if you’re walking close to a wall the characters will reach out and sort of brush the wall with their hand which is neat

on the other hand I wish the idle animations in missions were a little less twitchy and PS2-ish, and that the AI would stay the gently caress still in elevators. really ruins the vibe when we’re in an elevator and hulk and crew are spazzing the gently caress out running in circles and clipping through each other and I’m just standing there

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

this is just a mobile game with AAA graphics, right ?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Check your bank if the gear doesn’t show up I had that happen a couple times.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
My friends only play console games, so I bought this on ps4, but they also don't ever play games for long periods of time so I did the dumb whale thing and also bought it on PC.

Holy poo poo it runs so much buggier on PC. Like the crashes and wierd poo poo is just an order of magnitude worse on PC. 2/3 of the way through the final mission, I got some kind of visual bug that made everything just black and gold so you could not really see anything well, and to progress I had to look up a youtube video and time my movements to the recording just so I could pass one of those running and jumping sections.

If my PC was good enough to run the game at 4k with 60 fps it might be worth it, but as it is I have to cap the fps at 30 anyway so it basically isn't much better looking then the ps4 anyhow.

Also if you have a nvidia 2080 super I found using drivers from may work much better then the latest update fyi.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah I play on PS4 and I so far had only one game affecting bug and one graphical one. Performance is not the greatest though and the framerate does not keep up when things get hectic.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea PC is buggy as hell. Last night Kamala got stuck in a vehicle and it crashed. Still keep playing though.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
The one thing I've had happen last night a few times was in the Arc Reactor mission the lighting just kept going haywire. Suddenly the game would get SUPER dark and then 2-3 seconds later it would come back to normal. I shoulda figured it was just buggy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
On PC and it has crashed once and that's on the last mission, but there have been two or three times the game like paused for a few seconds.

Haven't finished the last mission yet but the campaign has been a lot of fun, I've really enjoyed it.