Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Papercut posted:

Jimmy G has looked like garbage this first half

E: and also the 2nd half

Jimmy G looks like the guy who played Po or Poe or whatever in the new starwarses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Cardinals getting Nuk was such a giant goddamn win, wow. Niners just had no ability to shut it down today. Great rushing, too.

This is the sort of thing that makes me think that our window is really, really short. Jimmy is just not a good enough quarterback to keep us more than “competitive” when there’s a new generation of great quarterbacks coming up with young teams on cheap contracts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Same old sorry rear end...NINERS?!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I'm hoping most of this was rust because Jimmy looked really out of sorts.

Kyler and Nuk are gonna be goddammed scary as the season goes on.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
San

Francisco

Forty-

Nine-

and-

Seveners

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol Niners but the Cardinals look like they're going to be a real problem

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If the Niners don't get something going at WR we're going to see an awful lot of this.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mllaneza posted:

If the Niners don't get something going at WR we're going to see an awful lot of this.

Their #1 and #2 receivers both missed the game so do I have news for you

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Their #1 and #2 receivers both missed the game so do I have news for you

Yeah this was a very vanilla gameplan from Shanahan, which was a product of not having Deebo I'm sure.

Also hoping Kittle isn't too worse for wear.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The cardinals did a much better job at establishing the run and were rewarded.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

My one game sample size thought was that jimmy g could have all the receivers he wanted and he wasn't going to look that much better. It's the start of a hosed up season but the 49ers were the ones with championship aspirations and all the returning players.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1305297229293510658?s=21

Hmmm and we scored 38 points

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

mllaneza posted:

They had WRs getting open, Garoppolo just failed to make throws.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
That said, I do hope Deebo and Aiyuk show up when they return.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

hifi posted:

My one game sample size thought was that jimmy g could have all the receivers he wanted and he wasn't going to look that much better. It's the start of a hosed up season but the 49ers were the ones with championship aspirations and all the returning players.

This. It doesn't matter how great your receivers are if your QB consistently misses reads and throws.

E: although he'll look slightly better if the one read he makes every play is more consistently getting open

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Looked like preseason football to me. Also not focusing enough on the run. The niners don't need a truly great QB because the QB's job is to hand the ball off.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Hell yeah go cards we gonna dominate the west whether or not the run is established

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Looked like preseason football to me. Also not focusing enough on the run. The niners don't need a truly great QB because the QB's job is to hand the ball off.

You must not have been watching the Hawks-Falcons game. There were plenty of preseason-esque mistakes, but the hits were very regular season.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I admit I haven't watched many NY Jets games. But man, Jamal Adams is everything that was advertised. He was everywhere on the field including in on the pass rush.

Quinton Dunbar and Shaquill Griffin were definitely rusty today. It could also be that the Falcons WR corps of Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley is insane.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
49ers: First to Worst

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/thefootballgirl/status/1305345443409223682

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DariusLikewise posted:

:hmmyes:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Just building their underdog story

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Until the West is all 1-1 after next weekend.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1305348715369070592?s=20

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I just shook my head when i saw that play. He's a fucken monster.

But, remember, Aaron Donald is an average run stopper:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/29813856/aaron-donald-average-run-defender-our-new-nfl-run-stopping-metrics-prove-it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cardinals: 180 rushing yards

Niners: 123 rushing yards

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Jimmy Garoppalo is just not that good.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Rams: 153 yds rushing

seahawks: 61 yds rushing

Someone failed to establish the run today.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Yeah, well... Schotty decided to psyche out the Falcons by throwing passes and it worked very well.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Your QB threw an INT and no TDs, and you lie about the rushing yards Seattle put up.
Part of establishing the run is being able to utilize the PA against an opposing defense. With RW's Elite Scrambling SkillsTM, the Seahawks don't need as many yards or rush attempts to establish the run.

Also the Ram's uniforms & new logo look like pee-pee doo-doo.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, well... Schotty decided to psyche out the Falcons by throwing passes and it worked very well.

its all nice on rice posted:

Your QB threw an INT and no TDs, and you lie about the rushing yards Seattle put up.
Part of establishing the run is being able to utilize the PA against an opposing defense. With RW's Elite Scrambling SkillsTM, the Seahawks don't need as many yards or rush attempts to establish the run.

Also the Ram's uniforms & new logo look like pee-pee doo-doo.

Establishing the run or not is a running joke in this thread, fellas. C'mon, now.

You're right about the seahawks total rushing yardage. It was 84. I got the other number from NFL.com.

You don't have to remind me of the new Rams unis/logo. I hope they go back to the classics in four years.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 14, 2020

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyway, some random musings about the game:

- It felt great to finally see Seattle and come out and really take advantage in the first half. I remember that stat that when Seattle leads in the first half, they tend to not lose in the second. This proved it, somewhat!
- I'm not too worried about the low rushing numbers, considering the passing game was firing on all cylinders. Also, Chris Carson worked well as a receiver.
- Jamal Adams, holy poo poo, he's a loving game changer.
- Now that we have Adams, as well as Marquis Blair to run nickel packages, Bobby Wagner doesn't have to drop back into coverage anymore, and just stay in the center where he's truly the best. He had so many tackles that kept gains short.
- Griffin and Dunbar looked iffy, hoping that's a little rust. Griffin had some nice pass breakups though.

Overall I'm curious to see how the team plays against a Cam Newton led Patriots team. That's gonna be weird facing him again.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Anyway, some random musings about the game:

Overall I'm curious to see how the team plays against a Cam Newton led Patriots team. That's gonna be weird facing him again.

-A couple of those Carson "receptions" were him catching just beyond scrimmage and pounding in runs, so I am willing to say he established the run. Hyde had some good carries too.
-Griffin was decent, but Dunbar was a big disappointment. I hope this was rust and he will pull together, otherwise Flowers should totally be CB2.
-Adams was fantastic. I had seen him make some big plays on the Jets, but didn't follow him. He was all over the field and part of most big defensive plays. As great as Wagner is, Jamal is the most fun member of the Seahawks secondary since pre-"middle finger then drama with his wife" Earl Thomas.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

shanahan calling 2 time outs at the end of the game to force murray to lose 10 yards rushing was real corny

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Establishing the run or not is a running joke in this thread, fellas. C'mon, now.

Wait, it is? Anyone know a good tattoo removal service??

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Running is no joke, pal.

Repent your sins with 10 sets of 10 squats.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Just loop this for 60 minutes to get an idea of how Jimmy played yesterday

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1305413812280078336

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hi I just wanna say that's an s tier thread name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
What an odd feeling to be watching 3rd quarter Seahawks football and thinking " I shouldn't have drank 2 coffees I could have gone back to bed"

I hope improved defense and unlimiting mr unlimited are real things and this year will be real fun right up until they have to shutdown because like half the QBs contract covid