Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Podima posted:

This game needs a replacement! It's still D1, you should come check it out - you'll even get to be in a masonry with cool people!

I can do it if you still need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Voodoofly posted:

I can do it if you still need it

Go join the Discord and let Cloner of Elks know!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, what games need people?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Among Us is a new mobile game that's very Mafia-like. Free unless you spend $2 to get rid of ads. Pretty fun so far I'll run a game if enough people are into it

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Retro Futurist posted:

Among Us is a new mobile game that's very Mafia-like. Free unless you spend $2 to get rid of ads. Pretty fun so far I'll run a game if enough people are into it

Is also on steam

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

IS also cheap on steam.

We have a tag started in the discord so people can organise to play together. PS Podima, add me to the tag.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I've played it with coworkers a few times, it's super fun when it works but half the times we've tried to play it the servers are making GBS threads themselves

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

kumba posted:

I've played it with coworkers a few times, it's super fun when it works but half the times we've tried to play it the servers are making GBS threads themselves

the hack here is to play it on the european or asian servers because it isnt really a game where high ping matters

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
AU is really, really good, and I've got several groups of friends I occasionally play it with now.

I'm gonna be sad when it becomes a dead meme because everyone played it to death.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

AU is really, really good, and I've got several groups of friends I occasionally play it with now.

I'm gonna be sad when it becomes a dead meme because everyone played it to death.

It makes me feel like the cool kid that I recommend to a group I’m in to play this back in March, I was ahead of the curve for once :unsmith:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When there is a lull between games, I'll probably set up a Yakuza themed game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mordiceius posted:

technically no games running right now!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

that would be now, lol

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

PMush Perfect posted:

Australia is ok

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Mordiceius posted:

I need a game please make me not-town tia

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I too would like to play a game of mafia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*refreshing game room every minute so i dont miss the next game that inevitably fills up 20 slots in 1 hour*

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Play and listen Cyor ended in a Scum victory!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

*refreshing game room every minute so i dont miss the next game that inevitably fills up 20 slots in 1 hour*

there may... be a game... out there now...

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I wanna play a game soon too. Also I just want to see if I can adjust my town/scum ratio, it ain’t great. Give me town please:sun:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Its too bad there are literally no games available.

Mafia.... has.... gone to sleep.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

I wanna play a game soon too. Also I just want to see if I can adjust my town/scum ratio, it ain’t great. Give me town please:sun:

aaaaahahahahahaha

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

aaaaahahahahahaha

I hear you are disproportionately scum as well Steak :p

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Perhaps I will make game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

I hear you are disproportionately scum as well Steak :p

10/19 spots already filled in humalong's new game. get in quick!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

God, just flipping through vote finder and found a game I'd been thinking of doing I actually already ran 7 years ago. Also I used to have a lot more energy/effort

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

God, just flipping through vote finder and found a game I'd been thinking of doing I actually already ran 7 years ago. Also I used to have a lot more energy/effort

We all miss Opopanax

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just can't justify buying a computer to be decent at Mafia again but that's what I mainly attribute it to. Once my Mac died I just switched to using my phone and iPad since they do 90% of what I need, but there's just no good system for the multitasking I need

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
get a chromebook?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
also I decided to run a dumb game:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940970

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mordiceius posted:

please do this

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's been a good run, but I'm heading out. In my last game, a player became so frustrated with me that he self voted and then basically stopped playing and another player throughout a game day said that she had to restrain herself from emotionally responding to my posts. Both flipped town, so these reactions were genuine. Apparently, I am doing something wrong if I aggravate people to those points.

Good luck, everyone. This might be the end for good from me.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

That’s a real shame, you’re one of my favourite people to play with.

I think there is definitely a degree of taking things too personally these days, it used to be a very rough and tumble game and that has gone, players are much more sensitive to perceived personal slights.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

It's been a good run, but I'm heading out. In my last game, a player became so frustrated with me that he self voted and then basically stopped playing and another player throughout a game day said that she had to restrain herself from emotionally responding to my posts. Both flipped town, so these reactions were genuine. Apparently, I am doing something wrong if I aggravate people to those points.

This is a classic merk scum move. ##vote merk

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All the best, merk!

2020 is a very different environment than 2010 or 2015 were. If people want to play an internet party game about figuring out who's lying without personal attacks coming into it, I think that's entirely reasonable.

There are two games currently recruiting, check Votefinder for the links and go sign up! https://votefinder.org/

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One time merk misread my posts and made a big case on me and when I pointed out that he misread them he acknowledged he had done so but then doubled down on the case anyway, refusing to move on. We were both town.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

merk posted:

Counterpoint, outside of those two confrontations your reads were still top shelf. Looking at the spectator chat they were amazed you were still able to finger a scum with the absence of a case.

You’re a good opponent, I’d be disappointed to not see you around anymore. Good luck to you sir whatever you end up doing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

You’re not doing something wrong, the crowd’s just different. Be well.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

merk posted:

Aww, as someone who just started playing you've been fine to me and I liked playing with you. That's a bummer but you got to take care of yourself first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hey merk, I'm not one of those two, but I know I said at one point I didn't want to play games with you. For what it's worth now that I have observed more games, I completely take that back. Even though I'm currently more comfortable observing rather than playing, I hope you keep playing.

I would also encourage other people who may, like me, sometimes not actually enjoy playing Mafia, at least going on some of the very emotional reactions I have seen in a handful of recent games, also consider taking a break to observe instead of play. Observing is still fun, and maybe you should take a break from getting very mad at Mafia?