Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Keltar posted:

It made me chuckle.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That collection is a thing of beauty. I have a pretty decent vintage MOTU collection too, but not a lot of the big items. I do have a castle Grayskull that’s not in too bad shape. I’m pretty sure my Scare Glow is complete and probably the most valuable guy in there. I’m not really in a place where I’m eager to part with any of it, but you guys will be the first to know if I change my mind.

I await the day you make the bad choice to sell your toys. :)

I'm gonna slow things down a bit now, probably won't do any major buys for a couple weeks unless poo poo drops in my lap.

Edit: the seller of the set in NJ responded to my offer and said if I showed up with cash he'd make a deal. And that set has all the pieces I am missing so........

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 13, 2020

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

How long is that car ride?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dale-Taco posted:

How long is that car ride?

9 hours.

I'm going to take two voluntary furloughs at work for a week each. My insane idea would be to fly ($250ish) and rent a car ($200ish) and drive back. I'd then take my time driving back and stop and see three friends along the way. So it wouldn't just be about toys that way.

I likely won't do this but it would be a fun trip.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Idk if you actually have other things you can do, the SO is ok with it, and have the money, I think the only thing to really worry about is the 90% chance of getting covid on the plane.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dale-Taco posted:

Idk if you actually have other things you can do, the SO is ok with it, and have the money, I think the only thing to really worry about is the 90% chance of getting covid on the plane.

Yeah that's a major scare factor. On paper the drive time is twice the flight time so I'd probably need another day to do the drive. Some years ago I drove to Baltimore and back in just over 30 hours so I can probably do this with no problem. Wife is fine with it so long as it doesn't hamper our day to day lives. If I did drive I'd still rent a car since my truck is a dog on gas. Looks like a 4 day rental is $80. Plus 3 tanks of gas. So yeah, way cheaper to drive there and back. But probably two full days longer. But I don't have to pay to ship the stuff back which would be expensive as hell.

Again, likely won't do this but I like spitballing it around.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If anyone wants beach head from the new GUI series I grabbed two.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Yeah that's a major scare factor. On paper the drive time is twice the flight time so I'd probably need another day to do the drive. Some years ago I drove to Baltimore and back in just over 30 hours so I can probably do this with no problem. Wife is fine with it so long as it doesn't hamper our day to day lives. If I did drive I'd still rent a car since my truck is a dog on gas. Looks like a 4 day rental is $80. Plus 3 tanks of gas. So yeah, way cheaper to drive there and back. But probably two full days longer. But I don't have to pay to ship the stuff back which would be expensive as hell.

Again, likely won't do this but I like spitballing it around.
[narrator voice]He did it.[/narrator voice]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just made an internet-handshake deal for 7 more complete figures (two very rare) so probably not.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I stand by my post. :colbert:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I stand by my post. :colbert:

same. this might as well be TCC. we all know what’s going to happen

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STOP ENABLING ME THEN

19 figures remaining! And I need weapons for 15 of the ones i have.

Edit: in case any of you are sitting on MOTU and wanna make a deal

Teela
Zodac
Moss Man
Horde Trooper
Dragstor
Terror Claws Skeletor
Extendar
Snout SPout
Flying Fists He-Man
Multi-Bot
Blast Attak
Buzz Saw Hordak
Rotar
Twistoid
Scare Glow
Ninjor
Squeeze

Low priority
Blade
Saurod

Looking for complete figures with accessories. I know some of these guys are pricey but I've been scoring killer deals on some expensive figures so far, maybe goons wanna move some toys?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 14, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1305523579249995777?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Iffy likenesses but idk. I got the NECA K figure and that looked OK. But I loved the movie so much so its fine.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Build a worm.

Or build a Baron Harkonen.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
McFarlane has pretty good body molds but good god their faces are absolute trash. It seems like every character they make has small squinty eyes and they're caked in a pound of makeup.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

McFarlane has pretty good body molds but good god their faces are absolute trash. It seems like every character they make has small squinty eyes and they're caked in a pound of makeup.

Only their real people. The DC line is fantastic.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Only their real people. The DC line is fantastic.

It is, though their Mortal Kombat line suffers the same weird eyes their lifelike molds do.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Is that supposed to be Zendaya’s character? Why is she white? :wtc:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably supposed to be Rebecca Ferguson.

Zendaya's not considered a main character in this one, she said she only filmed 4 days.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I find NECA does the better human face stuff.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was getting groceries at Target and decided to peruse the toy aisle (no Joes at all, sorry folks), and saw something I’ve seen in this thread that for the price I couldn’t pass up:

He’s really impressive all around, thanks for the peer pressure! :dance:

That said, is there anywhere to get actual energy blasts for him? I see Bandai has some power up auras and a few other effects but no actual Kamehameha beams or energy orbs, are there custom sellers that make any?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My local Target had like five of those. Almost bought it, but I’m more hoping for a blue or Ultra Instinct.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I put that Goku into an encouraging pose with the smiling face next to my work from home area and he's has been a constant positive companion.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sanschel posted:

I was getting groceries at Target and decided to peruse the toy aisle (no Joes at all, sorry folks), and saw something I’ve seen in this thread that for the price I couldn’t pass up:

He’s really impressive all around, thanks for the peer pressure! :dance:

That said, is there anywhere to get actual energy blasts for him? I see Bandai has some power up auras and a few other effects but no actual Kamehameha beams or energy orbs, are there custom sellers that make any?

Can of Beams made some a long time ago. Great pieces but next to impossible to find now and crazy expensive. Same with Japanese company Obitsu. Looks fantastic, but long out of production. They made their beam in blue/yellow/pink. Search Obitsu Dogyaan.

Officially, Ultra Instinct Goku (silver hair, shirtless) comes with a nice charging Kamehameha orb. Ironically, only Cell came with an actual Kamehameha beam, besides the cartoonier one Kid Kuririn comes with. They both look pretty bad.

Here is the Obitsu one in some pics I took last week and displayed in one of my Detolfs:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s awesome. I actually like UI Omen better than the mastered version. I’d buy him and a Kefla in a heartbeat. Tony Hawk’s Kamehameha might be my favorite anime moment.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
How much was the Goku?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone in Germany supposedly found a listing for an Origins Case Grayskull and I am so ready for a modern version of that goofy throne trap door.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s awesome. I actually like UI Omen better than the mastered version. I’d buy him and a Kefla in a heartbeat. Tony Hawk’s Kamehameha might be my favorite anime moment.

:rip:

If you missed it on p-bandai, get ready to have your wallet raped.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Open Marriage Night posted:

:hfive: Same!

That was the first pic I took as soon as I cracked it out of the box.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

How much was the Goku?

He retails for $35.

Fuzz posted:

I think they might do a re-release for other countries. I know besides the US he was released in Hong Kong, but did Japan even get the figure?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

drat. I'm pretty happy with my comic inspired Joker from Mattel, but this looks so good. I hope it's just the image quality skewing the colors, though. That suit looks straight blue instead of purple.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Fuzz posted:

Hey, don't use "raped" like this. I get that it used to be sort of de rigueur but please try to phase it out of your vocabulary around here.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Preorders for Mafex Joker(Hush ver) are going up
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-118715
Also up, Mafex Pyslocke
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-118714

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Much nicer Psylocke than the Yamaguchi.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

Much nicer Psylocke than the Yamaguchi.

Yes it is. Not crazy about the head though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat. I wasn't wild about the Yamaguchi one, but I liked the different poses I could get it into. I might spring for this Mafex one now, since it's like the perfect comic version in toy form. That angry head is pretty bad looking head-on, but it looks decent enough from the side or an angle, based on those shots.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
All I see on that angry head is the Chrissy Teigen meme

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Djarum posted:

Yes it is. Not crazy about the head though.

Thankfully Mafex Marvel heads have kinda been compatible with Marvel Legends, so you could always put one of those heads on her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

Someone in Germany supposedly found a listing for an Origins Case Grayskull and I am so ready for a modern version of that goofy throne trap door.

https://twitter.com/ItsTrashCulture/status/1305892727809286146?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hasbro won't be happy they're using their Emma Frost in the promotion.