Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hell, for free, Division 1 is especially worth playing (though I'm pretty sure you can get it real cheap these days).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Black Griffon posted:

Hell, for free, Division 1 is especially worth playing (though I'm pretty sure you can get it real cheap these days).
You can get it especially cheap today. It's currently 80% or so off in the Uplay store, so under 5 dollars.

It's not a bad investment. If I hadn't gotten it for free already, I'd buy it. I've been having a decent amount of fun with Division 2, which I grabbed the last time the series got that kind of discount.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The only problem with The Division is that playing it right now might hit a little too close to home.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It is about a sudden epidemic ending the world as we know it, yes. Still, might as well buy it now and play it once Corona has been weathered, which it will be.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Awesome. I got it for “free” via Games with Gold.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

punk rebel ecks posted:

How enjoyable is "Among Us"? I'm put off that it's a cell phone game that also has a Steam release.

The mobile version is free, so give it a try. It's crazy fun and you can SOMETIMES get a good group of randos. I liked it enough I threw the $5 down on it for the pc version. It's really blown up recently, so you can find plenty of people streaming it to see what it's all about (or YouTube or whatever)

If you've ever played the party games Werewolf or Mafia, it's the same vibe. You're astronauts on a broken ship trying to repair it with simple tasks, but a couple of you are IMPOSTERS trying to kill the others without being caught.

I'd love it if there were a goon squad to play it with. Is there a generic goons discord to sync that type of thing up?

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 14, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

It is about a sudden epidemic ending the world as we know it, yes. Still, might as well buy it now and play it once Corona has been weathered, which it will be.

The reason the virus in the division spread so well was the same as why SARS-CoV-2 did- it was contagious during the incubation period.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was enjoying axiom verge until my character started hallucinating and the background turned into a wavy mess and now i need to do platforming like this and kill these tiny little dudes that are difficult to see and it loving sucks.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

punk rebel ecks posted:

How enjoyable is "Among Us"? I'm put off that it's a cell phone game that also has a Steam release.

I'm actually streaming it right now if you wanna check it out.

https://twitch.tv/RodShaftMD

We were supposed to do Fall Guys tonight but kept having connection issues

Don't. Back to fall guys. May play again later.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 14, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

John Murdoch posted:

The only problem with The Division is that playing it right now might hit a little too close to home.

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1238483777929842689

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh man, Black Mesa's reimagining of Xen is gorgeous. Far to few games even try to make weird, alien environments, to say nothing of succeeding at it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

i was enjoying axiom verge until my character started hallucinating and the background turned into a wavy mess and now i need to do platforming like this and kill these tiny little dudes that are difficult to see and it loving sucks.

Now that's immersion!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mordja posted:

Oh man, Black Mesa's reimagining of Xen is gorgeous. Far to few games even try to make weird, alien environments, to say nothing of succeeding at it.

black mesa xen starts to wear out its welcome by the end but the music and visual design are both 100% on-point

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey, gang! Steam yields no easy way to find the answer to this quandry.

Girlfriend likes bunnies. There's a mini-profile whatever bullshit thing that costs two thousand Steam bux. I've got that much, so it's not problem. Is there any way I can buy it and gift it to her? I don't want to just send her the Steam bux, I want it to be spontaneous because I think that's how people do this.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

credburn posted:

Girlfriend likes bunnies. There's a mini-profile whatever bullshit thing that costs two thousand Steam bux. I've got that much, so it's not problem. Is there any way I can buy it and gift it to her? I don't want to just send her the Steam bux, I want it to be spontaneous because I think that's how people do this.

Unfortunately it looks like all the steam profile stuff is not able to be traded. I suggest you buy her this game instead: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1208600/Bunny_Park/

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

credburn posted:

What is it? If it's from a game you might be able to buy it with real money on the market (hopefully not more than 10 or 20 cents) and that would be tradeable. Things bought on the point shop, and point shop points themselves, are not tradeable or giftable.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Maybe I should have said, "Girlfriend likes rabbits."

That looks hideous. Like cats mixed with corgis mixed with rabbits in a Cronenblenderg

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That really does look hideous. I mean, drat. You'd need to have a creepy-level obsession with bunnies to play that.

I really like the word Cronenblender, by the way. I'm stealing that.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 14, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
A game about rabbits by someone who's only ever read about rabbits in a book.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That can't be true - not a single one of them was wearing a waistcoat.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

they're built like loving trucks, what the gently caress

Orv
May 4, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

they're built like loving trucks, what the gently caress

Killer buns.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I had forgot this was coming out:

Trigger warning: Roguelike, Searing Monochrome Visuals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTvFvdCWHHs

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Ice_Cream_Jones/status/1305284676857126913

Orv
May 4, 2011
:allears:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Yes, this is the poo poo right here.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

"Why not both?" indeed.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You guys giving Bunny Park poo poo but the actual userbase seems to love it, 90% positive baby

Good on you Eloïse Laroche, also congrats on having the Frenchest name possible

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

StrixNebulosa posted:

re: Division 1 as a single-player experience it owned, I loved exploring that environment and finding all the collectible story bits. It's probably better as a team thing but I got a good 20-30 hours of fun out of it.

Yeah to expand on this good and correct opinion: I think Division 1 has one of probably the best level/environment design of all time. I can't think of many games that entrench you in feeling like you are in a specific place and time in the same way, it's New York and it's winter and it's cold as gently caress. When the weather comes in it's even better, nightime with snow is magical as all the lights halo and try to pierce through the fog cover as snow falls or is blown, needle like, into your face. And the map is full of character, there are little stories everywhere completely played out with little props and buildings.

An example: among all the devastation and chaos along a riverbank I found a little spot set up with a blanket, some food, and two wineglasses next to an empty bottle. "Who would picnic in the winter?" you think as you walk closer. At the very edge of the concrete quay there are two pairs of shoes, neatly tucked together next to the frozen water. And then you remember it's the end of the world.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, that's dark. Really good environmental storytelling, though.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
All of the above work well with the New York Collapse book, of which there are a couple tie ins.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

only problem with soloing division 1 is that if you're underleveled enemies take forever to go down. so you end up having to do the less fun non-story quests that are super boring just to stay on level

the other problem is that it's made by a publisher cool with groping and choking people

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Awesome! posted:

That don't last very long. I want to say it might happen 1 more time? I'm real fuzzy on it. :rimshot:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

The 7th Guest posted:

only problem with soloing division 1 is that if you're underleveled enemies take forever to go down. so you end up having to do the less fun non-story quests that are super boring just to stay on level

the other problem is that it's made by a publisher cool with groping and choking people

But Yves made that contrition video with the hand gestures and everything

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NbPQoO9O0R4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

threelemmings posted:

An example: among all the devastation and chaos along a riverbank I found a little spot set up with a blanket, some food, and two wineglasses next to an empty bottle. "Who would picnic in the winter?" you think as you walk closer. At the very edge of the concrete quay there are two pairs of shoes, neatly tucked together next to the frozen water. And then you remember it's the end of the world.

This is some Fallout 3 level posed-skeletons hacky poo poo.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I found 2 skeletons holding hands "Why would skeleton hold hands?" you are thinking? But then it hit me: skeletons are inside people

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I don't think that's nearly as bad as century-old post-apocalyptic posed skeletons. Considering the situation, it feels like something you might actually realistically run into.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol they got so drunk they forgot their shoes #squadgoals

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

lol they got so drunk they forgot their shoes #squadgoals
their feet are gonna get cold :(

don't run in barefeet in the winter folks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is some Fallout 3 level posed-skeletons hacky poo poo.

oh come on it's not