Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good, he's been kicking rear end on Lovecraft country and I've been hoping to see him in more stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Seems like a really strange choice for Ant-Man but okay sure

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Seems like a really strange choice for Ant-Man but okay sure

Maybe they're going the Iron Lad route and having a younger version of him meet with Cassie?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
loving Jang, that's amazing. And I've heard nothing but great things about lovecraft county.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ant Man is going to be held responsible for the time heist.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If true then it could be something like Ant Man and the other characters in the film encounter him and initially he seems like an ally until they accidentally mention they hosed with time in Endgame or he's just observing them knowing they did that and pretending to be an ally. Maybe like an inversion of what they did with Mysterio where he's actually an incredibly powerful being pretending to be a relative chump. Then they use that as an opportunity to give him some backstory and build him as a threat. He's the other big Avengers villain they haven't used yet aside from Zemo leading the Masters of Evil I'd say so would make sense to use him in multiple films.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ant Man is going to be held responsible for the time heist.

Yeah that's the angle they go with I figure. All the time fuckery starts with Scott

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Movie TVA please

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

thebardyspoon posted:

If true then it could be something like Ant Man and the other characters in the film encounter him and initially he seems like an ally until they accidentally mention they hosed with time in Endgame or he's just observing them knowing they did that and pretending to be an ally. Maybe like an inversion of what they did with Mysterio where he's actually an incredibly powerful being pretending to be a relative chump. Then they use that as an opportunity to give him some backstory and build him as a threat. He's the other big Avengers villain they haven't used yet aside from Zemo leading the Masters of Evil I'd say so would make sense to use him in multiple films.

Yeah, my first thought was that he’s going to be the next Thanos, a presence in the movies but not the main threat for a while.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'd have figured they'd want to hold back on the time travel for a while after Endgame but whatever I guess.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

I'd have figured they'd want to hold back on the time travel for a while after Endgame but whatever I guess.

At this rate the movie won't be out for a while yet.

And while it might be too soon, this feels like trying to acknowledge the consequences of time travel or doing a First Contact thing where using time travel alerts others to the Avengers.

Though the movies don't have to be heavy on time travel. Kang could initially appear from another time and then just stick around and try to conquer everything without anybody going to and from different times.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I love Kang and I think Majors is a spectacular choice. Oh man, I'm so stoked now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope he also plays immortus and Scarlet centurion and Nathaniel Richards

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I want him to go on a road trip with Dr. Doom in the movies too. Just do My Own Private Latveria come on Marvel don't be cowards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I doubt Ant Man 3 will be out for a long time

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I could see it as early Phase 5

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paul Rudd is the mvp of the MCU.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How Wonderful! posted:

I love Kang and I think Majors is a spectacular choice. Oh man, I'm so stoked now.

Same.

Twitter is blowing up about Kang being Reed Richards's father and thus inferring that MCU Reed Richards might be a POC. Obviously we dumbass nerds know Kang is not Reed's real dad but a descendant. That said, can I just fancast William Jackson Harper as Reed Richards please?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Paul Rudd is the mvp of the MCU.

I'm picturing Rudd going "huh, bwah, wha" to Kang showing up and it makes me very happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kang will give a grand speech about who he is and Langs gavial expressions will be priceless.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I hope they have potent sexual chemistry so that their shipping name can be Klang.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

Kang will give a grand speech about who he is and Langs gavial expressions will be priceless.

Huh, learn something new everyday.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sure they'll simplify Lang's origins but u wouldn't be super surprised if they changed his identity to be someone tied more directly to existing characters. Or hell, that'd be a good way to bring in the FF

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Scott Kang, an intrepid explorer from earth 617 encounters something he did not expect in his first trip to what he calls the tinyverse, a dopey doppelganger of himself

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Same.

Twitter is blowing up about Kang being Reed Richards's father and thus inferring that MCU Reed Richards might be a POC. Obviously we dumbass nerds know Kang is not Reed's real dad but a descendant. That said, can I just fancast William Jackson Harper as Reed Richards please?

William Jackson Harper would be by far the best possible choice for Reed Richards even if his dad was the whitest dude who ever lived.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
William Jackson Harper is way too likeable to play Reed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Don't know if we knew this yet, but some pictures came out of GSP in Batroc the Leaper's colours on the set of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so he'll have another appearance.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
As a mostly straight dude I gotta say that Johnathan Majors is one of the most beautiful people I’ve ever seen. He looks like a loving classical statue cut from marble. Also very good at acting. Hope he’s a big part of the MCU going forward, and they don’t cover him up in makeup and digital effects.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Occurs to me I don't know much about Kang. Never came across him in comics except for young Kang in the original Young Avengers run. Haven't read too many Avengers or FF where he would have shown except for many years ago reading the original Lee/Kirby stuff. I know the gist but it's not like other major villains that have been used where I have a sense of what's a good adaptation or not.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

Occurs to me I don't know much about Kang. Never came across him in comics except for young Kang in the original Young Avengers run. Haven't read too many Avengers or FF where he would have shown except for many years ago reading the original Lee/Kirby stuff. I know the gist but it's not like other major villains that have been used where I have a sense of what's a good adaptation or not.

I can highly recommend Avengers Forever and the Kang Dynasty story arc (both by Kurt Busiek) if you want good Kang stories,

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dawgstar posted:

I can highly recommend Avengers Forever and the Kang Dynasty story arc (both by Kurt Busiek) if you want good Kang stories,

Yeah, maybe once I've gone through my Ultimate Spider-Man/Miles Morales binge to prep for the upcoming game I will go through those stories. Although I also have Court of Owls to read so I know what's going on in that upcoming game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There’s that issue of Avengers (issue 34 from 2014) by Hickman where Captain America is at the end of time with the various incarnations of Kang.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
As someone who had very little knowledge at the time of Kang's history, avengers forever was at times a little hard to follow wrt all of his crap. Good book tho

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Avengers #23 introduces Ravonna and is before the bulk of the silliness with Kang's origins and identity. If you want something more modern, you're going to have to just jump in at #41 of Busiek's run (Vol. 3).

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 15, 2020

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I came across this Tweet yesterday. If you need a primer about why Kang is awesome, then read this.

https://twitter.com/PRTejeda/status/1305588947742085123?s=19

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endless Mike posted:

Movie TVA please

Didn't Loki show up in a TVA jumpsuit in one of the teasers for the various upcoming Disney+ series? So it could well be getting established in Loki.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes in the two second teaser for Loki he’s in their jumpsuit

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
someone speculated that Majors was cast now so he can appear in Loki, which isn't that implausible given the TVA's involvement and since I haven't heard much to suggest that AM3 is particularly close to starting production, but who knows

anyway, get ready for Black Widow and the rest of the future MCU slate to be delayed yet again, even though I thought half the reason Disney launched Disney+ Premier Access was so they wouldn't have to do that again, but maybe Mulan's performance has been underwhelming on the service, idk

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1305922067141980160

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Love to ardently refuse to put movies on my premium subscription service so I can watch my quarterly profits tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've seen people grumbling about how it would suck if Black Widow, of all possible characters, isn't able to get a theater release for her movie, but at the same time, I'm not sure what Disney would be expected to do. They have to release the movie eventually.

Also, even if Premier Access didn't work out for Mulan, surely an MCU movie has a different draw though, right?