Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

W
Kicker 1W
- Gain 3 life
- Gain 3 life
- Gain 3 life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

W
Choose one
-Gain 3 life
-Target blocking creature you control gets +7/+7 until end of turn

AlphaKeny1 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 14, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlphaKeny1 posted:

W
Choose one
-Gain 3 life
-Target blocking creature you control gets +7/+7 until end of turn

W
Choose 1
Gain 3 Life
Prevent 3 Damage

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

GoutPatrol posted:

W
Choose 1
Gain 3 Life
Prevent 3 Damage

Sorcery speed

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
R
Choose one
Prevent 3 life
Gain 3 damage

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think they could push weirder and more powerful effects in White by stapling them to Archons. Archons having extremely powerful effects that don’t always feel super white.

I know this like a pie in the sky, but one day I hope we just get a very simple Archon like

4WWW
Archon of the Amber Waves
4/5 Flying

Whenever you tap a Basic Plains for mana, gain 1 life and draw a card. If a plains would leave the battlefield under your control, sacrifice Archon of the Amber Waves

Mono-White just needs a big commander payoff that allows us to do something truly stupid the way Expropriate or Peer allows Blue and Black to do stupid stuff. White biggest spells are just board wipes.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The last big white spell that impressed me was smothering tithe.

Oh man, how about a WWW Rhystic Study?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

1WW
Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card and target opponent gains 1 life.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Two-headed cow
[1W] 2WW
Adventure enchantment creature cow
Add a Second Head token to target creature you control with no Second Head tokens.
Whenever you sacrifice a creature, you may discard a Second Head token instead.
[adventure]
Put a Second Head token on target creature you control.
1/2
am I being whooshed or did you just reinvent Regeneration?

Silhouette posted:

WW: Destroy target artifact or enchantment

Kicker 1W: Destroy all artifacts or enchantments
this isnt kicker its overload

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Robviously posted:

1WW
Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent draws a card and you gain 3 life.

Ftfy

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

W
Sorcery
gently caress you.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Crackbone posted:

W
Sorcery
Pick one
gently caress you.
gently caress your friends.
gently caress your family.
Kicker 5WWWWW

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

a oh man white spells are so bad haha wow

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lingering souls is good, even if the flashback needs B

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

white's been an element of some very strong decks recently, and WW was very good in GRN standard. the problem is that decks are dropping insane haymakers or just being ultra-fast, so a bunch of good value cards isn't good enough. the kinds of white cards that would be good in this meta are the kinds of effects that are in white's color pie but that they don't print anymore: massive spells that are "balanced" by virtue of being symmetrical and strong prison effects.

bring back fall of the thran. even if you think armageddon is too good to print, colorshift Ruination into white and print that. spirit of the labyrinth, leonin arbiter. gently caress, reprint kismet.

this post brought to you by the society for the preservation of chalice of the void

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

XWWW
Instant

Choose one:
Make X 1/1 white token soldiers. Tokens you control are indestructible until end of turn.
Put a +1/+1 counter on X creatures. Creatures you control with a counter are indestructible until end of turn.
Gain X life. You gain hexproof until end of turn.

Edit: I thought of a third thing!!!

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 14, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

white's been an element of some very strong decks recently, and WW was very good in GRN standard. the problem is that decks are dropping insane haymakers or just being ultra-fast, so a bunch of good value cards isn't good enough. the kinds of white cards that would be good in this meta are the kinds of effects that are in white's color pie but that they don't print anymore: massive spells that are "balanced" by virtue of being symmetrical and strong prison effects.

bring back fall of the thran. even if you think armageddon is too good to print, colorshift Ruination into white and print that. spirit of the labyrinth, leonin arbiter. gently caress, reprint kismet.

this post brought to you by the society for the preservation of chalice of the void

White Chalice
WWX
Chalice rules text.

Would this be playable?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Part of the problem is when white is in a deck it's often for Wx cards which are powerful enough to justify the splash (Teferi) or, of course, for the Wraths they still periodically get that are essential in control decks.

Admittedly Elspeth Conquers Death is a recent example of a card which was a definite standout in White, and a good example of how White could get card advantage without having to draw cards. If they just cannot be arsed to include card draw in the colour when literally every other colour gets it at this point (Red's grabbing the top card of the library is very much the same idea!) they should be printing a lot more effects like that.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

GoutPatrol posted:

White Chalice
WWX
Chalice rules text.

Would this be playable?

What makes part of chalice good is dropping it on turn 1 to gently caress with poo poo from the get go. Having to wait to turn 2/3 is far too long against anyone you need a chalice usually

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

White Chalice
WWX
Chalice rules text.

Would this be playable?

Probably very playable in Legacy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm cool with white being consistently bad because presumably there's an extremely narrow slice of the fanbase that gets mad at this fact for very bad reasons and I can appreciate that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

White Chalice
WWX
Chalice rules text.

Would this be playable?

I think you could go WX on it, colored spells are supposed to be better then plain artifact ones of the same type and also i want all formats to become hell

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm cool with white being consistently bad because presumably there's an extremely narrow slice of the fanbase that gets mad at this fact for very bad reasons and I can appreciate that.

We must secure the existence of our decklists and a future for white mana

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I really would like for nassif to win this

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Give white creatures this ability:

"At the beginning of each of your main phases, if you haven’t added mana with this ability this turn, you may add {1}."

White used to have the best and cheapest removal, but they don't want cheap removal anymore. Now they have expensive removal that they can't afford because giving cost breaks isn't allowed and white can't ramp. So give them ramp. If card draw isn't on brand, give them token generation that actually matters, like a creature that creates mana rocks on ETB.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Pat Sullivan is the funniest MtG personality and I wish he posted more, constantly, at all times, about everything

https://twitter.com/basicmountain/status/1305555380399779840?s=21

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Give white mana taxing spells like mana tithe, mana leak, and ghostly prison. Give it powerful symmetrical affects again like balance, wrath, and armageddon. I think white's card advantage should come from things like Elspeth conquers death, or creatures like squadron hawk, wall of omens, or ranger of eos.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Looks like Gabe might be tilted in the middle of game 2

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Time posted:

Looks like Gabe might be tilted in the middle of game 2

I know I have perfect information and all but like... how do you decide that's the line you should take.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Paul Zuvella posted:

I know I have perfect information and all but like... how do you decide that's the line you should take.

I think he's probably thinking the same thing based on how he is reacting

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

In that case why not just remove white as a colour entirely?

Solves those problems very neatly

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Infinite Karma posted:

Give white creatures this ability:

"At the beginning of each of your main phases, if you haven’t added mana with this ability this turn, you may add {1}."

White used to have the best and cheapest removal, but they don't want cheap removal anymore. Now they have expensive removal that they can't afford because giving cost breaks isn't allowed and white can't ramp. So give them ramp. If card draw isn't on brand, give them token generation that actually matters, like a creature that creates mana rocks on ETB.

This is a nice idea, it's cool that they've decided they want the game to revolve around 4/5/6 mana stuff but if that's the case you need to restructure the colours that are based on cheap low cost cards.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

That idea sounds a bit like taxes in reverse. And that just gave me an idea.

Tax Collector 1W
Creature - Human Bureaucrat

Noncreature spells cost (1) more to cast.
Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell, you may create a Treasure token.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I want that card to exist now :(

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Silhouette posted:

I want that card to exist now :(

Given its almost strictly better than Thalia that's not too surprising.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

That idea sounds a bit like taxes in reverse. And that just gave me an idea.

Tax Collector 1W
Creature - Human Bureaucrat

Noncreature spells cost (1) more to cast.
Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell, you may create a Treasure token.

May triggers are the worst for online just make it happen. I like it, thought it's probably too good to print.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

am I being whooshed or did you just reinvent Regeneration?

Yeah I thought the idea was very poorly conceived cards in white. So I made a card that reproduces Regeneration, except with a token effect, and its' an enchantment creature adventure, so it has interaction from all of those keywords, although nobody's getting any interaction from the "cow" creature subtype, and then I got lost in wording for a while.

I just figured one of the things that makes poorly conceived cards poorly conceived is when there are interactions that apparently weren't considered, and also when there's arguably better mechanics already in the game or previously in the game, and also when it's unclear how you'd ever build a deck that took strong advantage of having four copies of that card in the deck. Additionally forcing your opponent to sit through time wasting fiddly poo poo like placing and removing tokens everywhere so they can get back to destroying you with their mono red deck finally.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

May triggers are the worst for online just make it happen. I like it, thought it's probably too good to print.

It's probably printable as a 1/1.

If they ever print Last Strike as an ability it would be the posterchild for it as a 2/1.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Nassif just could not catch a break in this match, my goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

sit on my Facebook posted:

Nassif just could not catch a break in this match, my goodness.

Arguably he was spoiled by the breaks he got yesterday and they just didn’t come through today in the same way.