Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You think Deku is going to go ssj again? That might be an interesting prelude to the final fight if it takes deku at 100% to stop him. Obviously without eri that would leave Deku crippled while gigantomachia escapes with shigaraki.

Idk would be a reasonable way to end the fight without either of them 'losing'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got a feeling we're going to get to Deku possibly losing the ability to use one of his arms normally since he blew up his left already.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hes gonna start puppeting himself like Pitou with Terpsichora

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shiggy pulls a Star Wars and cuts off Deku's hand, then takes it for himself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All Might makes a fuckton of sense as a literal pillar of society when you consider who he beat and who he was ever remotely threatened by.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If he keeps breaking his limbs, Izuku is going to resemble 2003 Baxter Stockman by the time he's a pro.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Shiggy pulls a Star Wars and cuts off Deku's hand, then takes it for himself

Ten years later:
Deku: You win. I'll give you One for All. Here, take my blood.
Shiggy: Naw, I brought my own.
*takes hand from his face and bites off three fingers*

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Next up Deku inherits a quirk that lets him grow his own arms back.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It might feel like an easy get out, but some form of regen surely has to be on the cards for Deku.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Deku is the seventh One For All, isn't he? We already know that Toshinori was quirkless before he got OFA, and we saw two extra quirks already, so besides the strength quirk that came from the original holder (which AFO provided), we have two more unknown quirks available.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mikl posted:

Deku is the seventh One For All, isn't he? We already know that Toshinori was quirkless before he got OFA, and we saw two extra quirks already, so besides the strength quirk that came from the original holder (which AFO provided), we have two more unknown quirks available.

He's the 9th

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mikl posted:

He's the ninth.

All For One's brother (The pass-down Quirk)
Silhouette guy
Guy on fire
Guy with face markings
Hellboy (Black Whip)
Guy with extreme collar action
Nana (Float)
All Might (Quirkless)
Izuku (Quirkless)

Four more Quirks to go.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Plus maybe even his own quirk :^)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of the other OFA users was quirkless too since it’s been twice that we’ve seen someone pass the quirk on to a loser with a strong sense of justice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of the other OFA users was quirkless too since it’s been twice that we’ve seen someone pass the quirk on to a loser with a strong sense of justice.

Hell even AfO's brother was basically quirkless.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
I thought One For All could only be passed down willingly? Surely All For One would have stolen it from All Might during their fight. What's Shiguraki going to do to get it?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

bare bottom pancakes posted:

I thought One For All could only be passed down willingly? Surely All For One would have stolen it from All Might during their fight. What's Shiguraki going to do to get it?

He might not consciously know it can't be stolen, since his desire to go after it in the first place was inspired by a weird instinctual push from All For One(the quirk).

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I know the movies get a big "probably not canon" thing on it but Heroes Rising specifically had some stuff tied into the manga (Nine is shown in the manga), and Nine almost successfully steals One For All with whatever transplanted quirktech the doctor put into him.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
In retrospect passing down One For All to Shigaraki seems like a really loving good idea. Since it’s a bunch of Jedi quirk ghosts and all it would probably end up just not working at all the instant he tried a 100% disintegration and leave him open for a United States of Smash Jr.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Given how One For All can also empower the quirk you already have when it's passed to you, and Shigaraki is already pushing himself over his limit, powering all those quirks up with OfA might just make him explode.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Rhonne posted:

Given how One For All can also empower the quirk you already have when it's passed to you, and Shigaraki is already pushing himself over his limit, powering all those quirks up with OfA might just make him explode.

The Quirk singularity...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

Izuku: Shigaraki, you can't handle One For All with All For One at the same time!
Shigaraki: What, am I gonna blow up?
Izuku: No! It'll go right to your thighs!
Shigaraki: ...my thighs...?
Izuku: And then you'll blow up!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Izuku: Shigaraki, you can't handle One For All with All For One at the same time!
Shigaraki: What, am I gonna blow up?
Izuku: No! It'll go right to your thighs!
Shigaraki: ...my thighs...?
Izuku: And then you'll blow up!

One's Justice 3's character customization's gonna be dope

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the exponential power of combined quirks seems to suggest that the "justice league" ending, even if we still end up there in a narrative sense, doesn't make the most logical sense in universe

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

tbp posted:

the exponential power of combined quirks seems to suggest that the "justice league" ending, even if we still end up there in a narrative sense, doesn't make the most logical sense in universe

The idea of the "justice league" ending isn't "we need a large group of people to beat one superpowered dude", it's "it's dangerously reckless to base society's security 100% on one single superpowerful person because when they're not around any more everything goes to poo poo".

To expand the analogy, Superman is a demigod and is the most powerful person in most versions of the Justice League by a mile, but he can't be literally everywhere and solve literally everything on his own.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Spoilers beginning to surface in the wild, as a heads up. Most curious thing seems to be that in a flashback, Bakugo is having a discussion with All Might about the past OfA users as written down on a paper, and asks why the 4th user was crossed out completely.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

I got a feeling we're going to get to Deku possibly losing the ability to use one of his arms normally since he blew up his left already.

I took him wrapping black whip around his arm as him using it for reinforcement to be able to go 100% but we'll see

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Kanos posted:

To expand the analogy, Superman is a demigod and is the most powerful person in most versions of the Justice League by a mile, but he can't be literally everywhere and solve literally everything on his own.

This is why I love the way AM is written. DC takes for granted that Superman can't be everywhere at once and then just has him accept that, whereas AM clearly never had Superman's need for a personal life - in Vigilantes we see him running out blatantly mid-dinner to do hero poo poo constantly; he's excited to make new close friends and confidants. You really get the sense that AM took his wildly OP powers and made himself the trolley problem incarnate, but it wasn't good for him and, as it turns out, may not have been good for everyone else either.

Spoilers for the leaks: Bakugou cops to not having understood Deku's impulse to self-sacrifice, which Deku blatantly shares with AM. I really enjoy how this series keeps addressing this intangible concept of what a hero is that AM and Deku seem to embody and everyone else just implicitly recognizes and doesn't know what to do with. Almost 300 chapters in and it remains shockingly consistently deft thematic writing.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Going from the leaked spoilers: I think the implication is that Deku already has a handle on Float because he trained with Uraraka in Zero-G in preparation for it. Which makes a lot of sense given they were expecting it to awaken soon.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Speedscans are out, translation seems worse than usual.

https://w18.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-284/

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm getting the feeling that Hori REALLY liked what Bones did with Deku vs. Overhaul. :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...I'm sorry, but Tie Up Kachan With Black Whip Training is adorable

...there's going to be an alarming number of doujins capitalizing on that, aren't there?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
One thing that's clear is that prime All Might absolutely could have taken care of this. No wonder Endeavor felt the gulf between him and All Might was insurmountable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vinylshadow posted:

...I'm sorry, but Tie Up Kachan With Black Whip Training is adorable

...there's going to be an alarming number of doujins capitalizing on that, aren't there?

Sigh, this is me realizing that I should have seen that question coming the moment the quirk appeared. :sigh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My question is what the hell is All Might continuing to hide or be afraid of? Even Bakugou calls him out on it but at this point even if it's serious poo poo that would make them all question what they're doing they should know hiding stuff doesn't help anymore.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That scanlation was nearly incomprehensible, I'm going to wait for Sunday before making any serious evaluations of these scenes.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The chapter is coming out tomorrow so I'm not even gonna bother with the speedscan this week

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's tomorrow? Is there a holiday on Sunday or something that they're releasing it early?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I dunno but I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

True nature of OfA is interesting. Always felt weird that AfO can give and take quirks, but his brother can only give. Maybe the 4th's quirk(s) somehow implies OfA also has the power to steal too.