Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

The part in Overdrawn when Mike and the bots are just making endless choking, burping, and farting sounds is exquisite.

Those riffs, hands down, are the ones that never fail to destroy me.

('The answer my friend, is blow it out your arse' is a close second).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ms Boods posted:

Those riffs, hands down, are the ones that never fail to destroy me.

('The answer my friend, is blow it out your arse' is a close second).

The line that always gets me is Crow's reaction to the GETYOURTICKETSHERE devil monkey.

"Um, did you guys just see that?"

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 12, 2020

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Want to go to CAFE and have COCKTAIL?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ah, the days lingering over brandy at EAT.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
And Special Thank, to EAT!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Overdrawn is probably just behind Space Mutiny, it just has so many good riffs. Anteaters is in close competition with Sherry's birthday card for how well-timed the recurrence is.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

Overdrawn is probably just behind Space Mutiny, it just has so many good riffs. Anteaters is in close competition with Sherry's birthday card for how well-timed the recurrence is.
:moreevil: Flight Leuitenant Lamont?
:ghost: Yes?
"Did you sign Sherry's card?"

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

It was nice of you to give that dead woman another chance, sir.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It has to be noted that Captain Santa Claus really is failing here.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BrewingTea posted:

It was nice of you to give that dead woman another chance, sir.

"All right look alive everyone-oh, sorry Susan"

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Four days until the show

https://twitter.com/TheMadsAreBack/status/1304477307579641856

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

My MST3K dream team!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The world of professional movie riffers is small and it legitimately always makes me feel good when they work together and get along.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

The world of professional movie riffers is small and it legitimately always makes me feel good when they work together and get along.

It was really nice during the big shorts special to see Joel, Mike and Jonah all laughing and joking.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

The ine that always gets me is Crow's reaction to the GETYOURTICKETSHERE devil monkey.

Its like the floor pizza in Truckers Woman.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can I borrow a cup of BALD?!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

The line that always gets me is Crow's reaction to the GETYOURTICKETSHERE devil monkey.

I was gutted with Gary in Motion lost his youtube channel, as I was hoping to scroll up the cinema for Crazy Mixed Up Zombies, &c. How I love the musical sequences in that film!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Diane

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen, the Glenn Close Experience!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I came to explain about my head.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ms Boods posted:

I was gutted with Gary in Motion lost his youtube channel, as I was hoping to scroll up the cinema for Crazy Mixed Up Zombies, &c. How I love the musical sequences in that film!

I loved the "Schick Out of Shape" song.

The IMDB credits the singer as Carol Kaye - the same Carol Kaye who was one of the premiere studio bass players of the 60s and part of The Wrecking Crew.

I have my doubts:

Actual Carol Kaye:

Zombie Carol Kaye:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Real Africa...HOLLYWOOD AFRICA!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TL posted:

Real Africa...HOLLYWOOD AFRICA!

Oh really? I thought it was "Hollywood, Republic of Chad!" :rolleyes:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
:rolleyes: no, richmond the UNITED ARAB EMIRATES. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Clearly, he speaks African.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
It’s The International House for Children With Malnutrition.

And pancakes.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

I loved the "Schick Out of Shape" song.

Ahhh, a brilliant one -- I love the weird dancey one where Tom starts to sing 'Little Drummer Boy' along with it.

Then again, all of the musicals/musical performances amongst the various experiments are usually my faves -- like Mike, I could listen to the dull, repetitive dance tune in The Creeping Terror for hours.

Not Mike -- but a marriage made in heaven, right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwlDFp83Vw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jason of the Salt Right of Fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just read an interesting article about how The Incredible Melting Man was originally supposed to be a horror comedy but the producers took it away from the director at the last second and did some reshoots in order to make it more "serious."

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Just read an interesting article about how The Incredible Melting Man was originally supposed to be a horror comedy but the producers took it away from the director at the last second and did some reshoots in order to make it more "serious."

this makes a lot more sense

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I mean, I totally believe that. There's so much in that movie that only makes sense if it was a comedy that was badly edited into a horror film partway through (the crackers scene, the old people, Ted Nelson doing nothing the entire movie, the janitor at the end...).

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 14, 2020

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, I totally believe that. There's so much in that movie that only makes sense if it was a comedy that was badly edited into a horror film partway through (the crackers scene, the old people, Ted Nelson doing nothing the entire movie...)

The last shot of the movie is a janitor scooping the monster into a garbage can!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I mean, I totally believe that. There's so much in that movie that only makes sense if it was a comedy that was badly edited into a horror film partway through (the crackers scene, the old people, Ted Nelson doing nothing the entire movie, the janitor at the end...).

To be fair some old movies are just weirdly comedic, The Town That Dreaded Sundown gets downright goofy in some parts of it for example(which is part of why I think it'd make a good MST3K episode)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh wow that explains a lot. If you take a horror comedy plot and you play it straight it can pretty easily become something as bleak as that movie.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Did they have anything on the Credible Melting Man?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Well, I learned that some sheriffs are filled with pyrotechnics.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Don't forget how the Colonel comes over to the Nelson household and just kinda makes himself at home with a chicken leg and a beer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the nurse just kind of running through a plate glass door in a too small uniform.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

also they shrunk me and i’m trapped on this huge log!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Also the stoner couple who had a racehorse tied up next to the wall.