Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
1-0

All alone on top of the NFC South

It is a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs D actually looked decent most of the game. Obviously the offense will take a minute to gel so I'm not worried yet. Saints are probably the best team in the NFC so not the best team to start against. If the Bucs look like poo poo against Carolina I'll be concerned.

Good win Saints.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
i'm gonna hoot and holler and "go off" when Cam goes 19-0 for the patriots and tompa bay doesn't make the playoffs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Bucs D actually looked decent most of the game. Obviously the offense will take a minute to gel so I'm not worried yet. Saints are probably the best team in the NFC so not the best team to start against. If the Bucs look like poo poo against Carolina I'll be concerned.

Good win Saints.

This is the truth. It was a good game and I’m glad we didn’t waste a home game without fans.

:tipshat:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It was a really sloppy game on both sides. I'd say its because of the lack of preseason but both teams were sloppy last year too so who knows.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Apparently confirmed

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/1305286445779881985?s=20

What cap?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
That extension is probably also how they got the cash for Kamara.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao

https://twitter.com/OSS_CAH5/status/1305303998048727040?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so why didnt tom throw the ball to mike evans

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

so why didnt tom throw the ball to mike evans

He did. He had like 100 yards in pass interference penalities.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Turns out it's hard to catch when you're being interfered with

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is actually pretty big.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1305326765913632769?s=19

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Billy B loves special teams for a reason

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Morestead owns

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

He dropped like every punt on the 10 yard line. Automatic. Far enough in that they had to catch it, and not risk it bouncing.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

wandler20 posted:

I'd like to take another look at them, but man the DPIs in the game were ticky tack from what I remember. I think the deep one was just two players hand fighting. Neither player grabbed the other. Evans had an arm brace but never extended. Looked clean to me? Lattimore didn't turn his head, if I remember?

I dunno maybe someone has a vid or gif of it that I haven't seen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Harris had a drat good day returning punts too.

Love to see it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Defense optional in the NFCS.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Falcons hosed up the streak of the winner having 34 points

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
The DPI calls on both teams were really bad for the most part. I know it's the first game of the season and refs are human but at this point the only thing I can think of is making it just 15 yards instead of a spot foul. No penalty should be worth 50 yards especially if there isn't going to be a rhyme or reason for ticky tack calls.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Whoa, wait a second, Tampa Bay isn't good????

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GLORIOUS

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SundayMoney posted:

The DPI calls on both teams were really bad for the most part. I know it's the first game of the season and refs are human but at this point the only thing I can think of is making it just 15 yards instead of a spot foul. No penalty should be worth 50 yards especially if there isn't going to be a rhyme or reason for ticky tack calls.

This could be bias from seeing so many dpis committed by the saints but i hate the spot foul for dpi. Failed deep balls giving the offense the ball in the Redzone is dumb. Like if PI wasn't such a shitshow of a call itd be a lot easier to deal with sudden "oh ok you get to just flip the field now despite basically just making a hail mary.

I also hate the fumble in the end zone becoming a touch back rule too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SundayMoney posted:

Yeah, it's 15 in college, and rarely is it an outrage that it's not more.

But the NFL resists college rules fiercely, as you can see from its refusal to adopt the vastly superior college overtime rules.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The problem with 15 yards is it makes tackling a receiver who you know is going to beat you objectively the correct choice.

Whether you care about that is another matter

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

CharlestheHammer posted:

The problem with 15 yards is it makes tackling a receiver who you know is going to beat you objectively the correct choice.

Whether you care about that is another matter

I would rather that happen every time than a team being bailed out and getting into the red zone on a questionable PI call.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
A good rest on whether TB12 sucks will be on Sunday when they play a team that only made Derek Carr punt once.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So what happened that people on Twitter were saying DJ Moore needs to point the finger at himself.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

waah posted:

So what happened that people on Twitter were saying DJ Moore needs to point the finger at himself.

The dude couldn't catch a cold yesterday, let alone a football, and has probably been blaming everyone but himself.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Did he get the unsportsmanlike for pointing at another player? Or was that Samuel?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Asnorban posted:

Did he get the unsportsmanlike for pointing at another player? Or was that Samuel?

It was Moore. How you get an unsportsmanlike conduct for taunting on a throw you didn't catch is beyond me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That sure is a lot of people considering all the people who swore off the NFL forever.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1305580778110230533

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1305582985555726342

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Glad a huge national audience got to see System QB Tom Brady get exposed by GOAT Drew Brees.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Glad a huge national audience got to see System QB Tom Brady get exposed by GOAT Drew Brees.

:hmmyes:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You guys concerned with Brees? He didn't seem great. I thought Sanders would've been more involved too, he could be a huge weapon.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Similar feelings that you likely have to brady. Waiting to see if next game proves it was rust/bucs front 7 or brees being cooked. He looked like poo poo early but he did look better as the game went on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

You guys concerned with Brees? He didn't seem great. I thought Sanders would've been more involved too, he could be a huge weapon.

Depends on the next couple of weeks. Payton said he called a lovely game so I’m willing to wait and see. That one 46 yard pass to Cook was nice, but they overused Kamara to the point that it was getting ridiculous.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

It couldn't be more obvious to the rest of the league at this point that they don't trust Brees to throw deep.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SundayMoney posted:

I would rather that happen every time than a team being bailed out and getting into the red zone on a questionable PI call.

I mean in this instance a team is getting bailed out regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

ulmont posted:

It was Moore. How you get an unsportsmanlike conduct for taunting on a throw you didn't catch is beyond me.

He wasn't really taunting. He and the corner started jawing at each other and Moore basically pushed him away with a really aggressive helmet poke. It was stupid and definitely penalty worthy but not really taunting.