Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, Sol demoting himself to general of the army under a democratic state (and maybe starting up a martial arts training school, although teaching Ki Rata specifically would have its own practical and ethical hurdles) would prevent a bunch of potential problems.

The Celestial Empire only needs people who can punch good in order to defend itself. It doesn't need them to run the actual machinery of state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lemony posted:

Anyhow, apparently I can't stop making these. Ho There, Slamming or Jamming?

It's everything I ever wanted, and more

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, Sol demoting himself to general of the army under a democratic state (and maybe starting up a martial arts training school, although teaching Ki Rata specifically would have its own practical and ethical hurdles) would prevent a bunch of potential problems.

The Celestial Empire only needs people who can punch good in order to defend itself. It doesn't need them to run the actual machinery of state.

The problem you have with Solomon remaining in any capacity is lingering influence and general deferment. People will still wind up inevitably going to him for advice on how to govern, or just toadying up to the old regime, and he could potentially wind up ruling from the shadows despite not actually sitting at the head of government.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
He could do some king Arthur poo poo, just bugger off to whatever he's been wanting to do all these years and leave a phone number for emergencies.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Or he could do a ten finger ten point strike and destroy his empire as easily as he wrecked that table, just to prevent it from falling in the wrong hands.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Solomon David uses the incredible powers of Ki Rata to sit and give himself more time to think

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The thing about ruling a seventh of creation isn't that you need to defend it against others. It's that when one of the others invades your slice, the other 5 will also restart waging war and they all agreed to not let that happen because they couldn't win more than what they already had.

Until Jagganoth's army is completely ready, that is.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Holy poo poo Salami is being faced with the original choice he was given so many years ago. Stand aside as a hermit master of Ki Rata while the world moves along past him. This is nearly the same as what his original masters wanted.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Donkringel posted:

Holy poo poo Salami is being faced with the original choice he was given so many years ago. Stand aside as a hermit master of Ki Rata while the world moves along past him. This is nearly the same as what his original masters wanted.

Except then his world was in ruins and his people enslaved.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Except then his world was in ruins and his people enslaved.

Yea it provides a good backdrop to his thinking on what may happen if he accepts WCs request

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
:eyepop: at that preview

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 15, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Xand_Man posted:

Dogs are natural authoritarians

this but unironically

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Bussamove posted:

Wowee zowee, no kidding.

OK, did not see THAT coming at all.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

YaketySass posted:

:eyepop: at that preview

Bussamove posted:

Wowee zowee, no kidding.

MadDogMike posted:

OK, did not see THAT coming at all.

please don't do this. people avoid the previews on purpose.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

if I didn't do this how would you know that I pay money to see the previews?? Whats the point of even seeing them if I don't get to scoff about it... This is literally the only value of this service and you are loving RUINING it for me mister.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wow that's weirdly hostile to some people going "oh that looks cool" but sure.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Niavmai posted:

please don't do this. people avoid the previews on purpose.

of course, now they can't edit it out even if they wanted to

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Bussamove posted:

Wow that's weirdly hostile to some people going "oh that looks cool" but sure.

it's happened multiple times in the thread already. also not following how "please don't do this" is hostile, but sure.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

of course, now they can't edit it out even if they wanted to

truly we are cursed.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Niavmai posted:

it's happened multiple times in the thread already. also not following how "please don't do this" is hostile, but sure.

truly we are cursed.

I was actually referring to Motherfucker there, not you. You were fine and I apologize, I went back and edited my thingy.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Motherfucker posted:

this but unironically

No irony, they love the boot

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
How come there's not just a broad policy of spoilering any preview talk pre release?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It's also pointless because every page of this comic is amazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagine not gushing about k6bd

You do you patreon preview posters, if abbadon can keep paying bills with your help I'm fine with y'all not being able to control how hype you are.

I in fact sympathize with this sentiment a lot

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

No irony, they love the boot

watching as my dog ignores the rifles and bombs I left out for him to chew and lick on my boot, shaking my head. "You're a disgrace to the name, Matapacos"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

saying "omg that preview" is literally never a spoiler

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let's argue about it for ten more pages and come to no agreement.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Is it okay to talk about previews if we include references to basketball (or whatever the current bandwagon is)?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe Ol' Salami agrees and peacefully transitions power and joins Allison's crew!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't believe Ol' Salami pulled off that slick no-look pass

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

eke out posted:

saying "omg that preview" is literally never a spoiler

Its also dumb and has been done to death and people were repeatedly told to stop doing it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Look, if I'm going to be obsessively thinking about the Kill Six Billion Demons I just saw I want to talk about it, and if there's not going to be a separate spoiler thread then here is the place to do it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't believe Ol' Salami agrees and peacefully transitions power and joins Allison's crew!

Someone please take that “The Ol’ Spicy Keychain” comic and edit it as needed :allears:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mindblast posted:

Its also dumb and has been done to death and people were repeatedly told to stop doing it.

if you think people being excited about a thing that they like in a way that doesn't break any thread rules and doesn't spoil anything is dumb, that's your problem

eke out fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 15, 2020

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Saying "oh my god I can't believe how big a bop this preview you can't see is" is annoying. Talking about the content of the preview with proper spoiler warnings is different.

I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna talk about what's in the preview, so watch out! Preview spoilers below:

Did we, uh, did we even know that Jadis was capable of moving around on her own, much less teleporting across worlds?

What on earths is she saying? Presumably something like "I would like to make it clear that all my previous prophecies mentioned dudes and not radical ladies, because I hate you all and enjoy leading you astray."

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna talk about what's in the preview, so watch out! Preview spoilers below:

Did we, uh, did we even know that Jadis was capable of moving around on her own, much less teleporting across worlds?

What on earths is she saying? Presumably something like "I would like to make it clear that all my previous prophecies mentioned dudes and not radical ladies, because I hate you all and enjoy leading you astray."

More preview spoilers chat!
Alison could teleport a whole ship and its inhabitants on instinct so the fact that Jadis can teleport isn't without precedent, block or no. That she's here, now, certainty is a surprise though. She presumably has a message for everyone there. I think the Red God making his move is the only thing that could make SD sweat bullets like that. Maybe she's even prophesying his doom while she's at it.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 15, 2020

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Saying "omg preview" is indeed extremely annoying. This should be obviously true since multiple people in this thread have stated that they find it annoying and wish it would stop.

Post in spoilers if you have something to say. Just post on the patreon posts comments thread if you only want to share in a communal sense of hype.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1305986535863582722

Solomon ain't keeping it so cool.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
BAH GAWD THAT'S JAGGANOTH'S MUSIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Not what/who I was expecting but somehow everything got even more intense.