Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Last time I had beef heart was when I made jerky out of it. Made it pretty palatable. Haven’t made it since and that was five or six years ago, so that says something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Beef tongue is great, but that's a muscle. I gave tripe a try in both tacos and menudo and it was just so drat tough to chew. Im good on tripe and I have an aversion to brain because of prions, but ill get down on chicken livers and gizzards and stuff

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

Beef tongue is great, but that's a muscle. I gave tripe a try in both tacos and menudo and it was just so drat tough to chew. Im good on tripe and I have an aversion to brain because of prions, but ill get down on chicken livers and gizzards and stuff

Beef tongue is awesome. The Mexican restaurant where I live will put it any taco, burrito, etc you ask them too.

I’ve had tripe once or twice in pho. I don’t remember not liking it. I’m big on chewy textures.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Chicken and Zucchini Stir-Fry with Peanuts

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

good tripe tacos should have the filling be nicely chopped, fried and crunchy, gently caress chewy tripe, that just screams amateur.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 15, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lazy modernist Mac with some steamed broccoli, Worcestershire sauce because the cheese was low sodium and some tenkasu because I had it laying around after making takoyaki.

The cheese oddly enough smelled like creamed corn. No idea why. It was some restaurant block of American low fat low sodium

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The supermarket near where I used to live sold chicken hearts that their butcher trimmed down to just the good meat and they were insanely cheap and delicious. The supermarket near where I live now also sells them but with all the garbage bits still attached and it's a huge hassle to do anything with them so I don't bother.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

My plating did its best attempt to emulate a murder scene and the seam broke during transfer to the plate but at least the chicken involtini was delicious

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

ogarza posted:

good tripe tacos should have the filling be nicely chopped, fried and crunchy, gently caress chewy tripe, that just screams amateur.

The best tacos I've ever had are tripe tacos from a trailer parked in a gas station parking lot. That place is awesome, I hope they survived COVID...

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

mongolian beef

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Budgetbytes bibimbap.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

vuk83 posted:

Budgetbytes bibimbap.

Budget bytes has a really high success rate for me. I don’t make a huge amount of their recipes, but the ones I have turn out great on the first try and regularly work their way into weekly rotations.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Budget bytes has a really high success rate for me. I don’t make a huge amount of their recipes, but the ones I have turn out great on the first try and regularly work their way into weekly rotations.

Budgetbytes is great! The Chorizo Sweet Potato skillet is a personal fav, most of the ingredients are things I already keep around so it's a weeknight go to.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Worst photo yet, of a Bengali version of dum aloo:

The picture is bad but the food is so, sooooo good. Can't recommend making this enough. Potato thread has recipe link.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

apatheticman posted:

Your little carrot dish thing is adorable.

Thanks, I've got a cow butter holder too that ties the whole messy kitchen together!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

How Wonderful! posted:

I normally eat very little meat but a few years ago a friend of mine was being deported and held a farewell bbq/party, and towards the end grilled up a few hearts and went around offering everybody a little piece. IIRC I think he basically did them up anticuchos de corazon style although he didn't have enough for everybody to have a full skewer so I just got one little chunk. I thought it was super rich and almost velvety although yeah, definitely chewy. A little bit after that I was out at an izakaya type place and some of my friends got beef heart kushiyaki and said it was pretty gross.

Was he Peruvian? Anticuchos are a specialty in Lima and delicious when someone knows what they're doing.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Made like an avocado, mushroom “Alfredo” sort of thing. Just messing around, but it was incredibly delicious.

Sautéd a bunch of mushrooms in olive oil and garlic. Added salt and plenty of pepper. Add some rosemary, thyme, and sage. Deglazed with chicken stock. Added some Parmesan cheese and a couple tablespoons of milk.

Mashed an avocado and stirred it into the mushrooms and tossed in the penne.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Made like an avocado, mushroom “Alfredo” sort of thing. Just messing around, but it was incredibly delicious.

Sautéd a bunch of mushrooms in olive oil and garlic. Added salt and plenty of pepper. Add some rosemary, thyme, and sage. Deglazed with chicken stock. Added some Parmesan cheese and a couple tablespoons of milk.

Mashed an avocado and stirred it into the mushrooms and tossed in the penne.

That sounds delicious.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Comfort Food incoming from the Meat Smoking Thread...

Teamed up with my buddy who specializes in growing super hot peppers yesterday to smoke some peppers and a pork butt.

Peppers finished and we turned them into a powder. Very hot and yummy.

Pork was done much later.

Made some pretty unphotogenic sandwiches with it last night. But tonight I topped some macaroni and cheese with it, and my wife made a maple glazed corn bread on the side.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 20, 2020

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
ribs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

one of my all time fav combos, pulled pork and mac n cheese...that looks amazing.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Catching up on some cooking photos! Infant means less time to cook and even less time to :justpost:

Pasta alla norma, with a pasta shape that kinda looks like squid

Two fun additions to elote: corn nuts and caviar lime! The individual lime cells are awesome. The corn nuts are a fun novelty, but I'll be skipping them in general. BLT in the background with homemade mayonnaise which ended up having too much garlic, which is something I never thought I'd say.

E: leftovers from yesterday dinner: that's one nacho

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 21, 2020

Zabba51
Aug 21, 2020

Idiot
Flank and sprouts

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Potstockers, salmon, and rice with pickle

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Entropic posted:

The BA chicken recipe I keep going back to is the slow-roast gochujang chicken. It's ridiculously easy (get a whole chicken. Slather it in a mix of gochujang, olive oil and garlic, and bake at 300 for 3 hours) and is delicious.

I tried making this tonight, and I don't think the recipe is accurate at all. 3 hours at 300, and the chicken is cooked, but not as impressively brown as it looks in the picture, and the potatoes are still hard.

It might be that my oven can't hold the right temperature. I'll have to buy a thermometer to check. In the meantime, back in it goes at 400 for another hour and a half.

E: Yeah, I think it's my oven. 400f and it's a lot closer to how it looks in the picture now. Jesus, what a lovely loving oven.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 22, 2020

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I will admit, once the dish is properly cooked, it's quite tasty.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Pollyanna posted:

I tried making this tonight, and I don't think the recipe is accurate at all. 3 hours at 300, and the chicken is cooked, but not as impressively brown as it looks in the picture, and the potatoes are still hard.

It might be that my oven can't hold the right temperature. I'll have to buy a thermometer to check. In the meantime, back in it goes at 400 for another hour and a half.

E: Yeah, I think it's my oven. 400f and it's a lot closer to how it looks in the picture now. Jesus, what a lovely loving oven.

I made it yesterday and it came out like the pictures. Oven was at 325 to actually hit 300 though.

Chicken breast came out a bit dry but I think I cooked it for maybe 20 minutes too long. I’ll make it again though.

I don’t get why they suggest two limes. The recipe says cut both in half and then one half into quarters and use a half of a lime to squeeze over the potatoes. Unless I read it wrong I used half a lime squeezed and had the other half for wedges to serve.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yuuuuup. job well done

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Hell yeah

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

vuk83 posted:

Budgetbytes bibimbap.
You inspired me to make one of my favorites. Picture of leftovers because I jacked up the egg the first night.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

those bowls look awesome.

e, can you tell me where you got those bowls?

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 24, 2020

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
The last few posts remind me that I don’t really know how to make food

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Seaniqua posted:

The last few posts remind me that I don’t really know how to make food

put an egg on it, friend

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Cooking is just applying heat to food. Often you don't need to even do that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Then it’s not just applying heat to food.

Sometimes you even do the opposite of that

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

those bowls look awesome.

e, can you tell me where you got those bowls?
If you're asking me, then the answer is Rubbermaid

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

put an egg on it, friend

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
this has egg in it does that count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

If you're asking me, then the answer is Rubbermaid

Oh lol, I thought they were some bougie stuff. Thanks tho.