Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

zimbomonkey posted:

It was stupid and definitely penalty worthy but not really taunting.

It was absolutely announced as taunting on the broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im pretty sure Brees is at that "this is the last year he is better than a JAG based on experience" kind of done but its also one game so far.

Hoping for a Peyton goodbye to this season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Im pretty sure Brees is at that "this is the last year he is better than a JAG based on experience" kind of done but its also one game so far.

Hoping for a Peyton goodbye to this season

Whoa whoa whoa

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

ulmont posted:

It was absolutely announced as taunting on the broadcast.

Yeah but you could see what he was doing and it didn't really feel like that. But the penalty was taunting.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

This could be bias from seeing so many dpis committed by the saints but i hate the spot foul for dpi. Failed deep balls giving the offense the ball in the Redzone is dumb. Like if PI wasn't such a shitshow of a call itd be a lot easier to deal with sudden "oh ok you get to just flip the field now despite basically just making a hail mary.

I also hate the fumble in the end zone becoming a touch back rule too.

Okay, welcome to the NFL where every deep ball pass is interfered with 100% of the time, because 15 yards is better than 40 and a possible touchdown.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Chilichimp posted:

Okay, welcome to the NFL where every deep ball pass is interfered with 100% of the time, because 15 yards is better than 40 and a possible touchdown.

But then teams would only throw deep balls to move down the field...

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm generally feeling fine about this Panthers loss. Sucks we had a chance to win and forgot Christian McCaffery is on the roster, but putting up 30 points with no turnovers is going to put you in position to win more often than not. Teddy more or less met my expectations as a game manager who isn't going to wow anyone, but keeps the chains moving. The nonexistent pass rush and poor secondary play is another matter, though. This team will have to win a lot of shootouts because they aren't going to stop anyone from scoring.

zimbomonkey posted:

He wasn't really taunting. He and the corner started jawing at each other and Moore basically pushed him away with a really aggressive helmet poke. It was stupid and definitely penalty worthy but not really taunting.

It was a stupid move by Moore, but I laughed out loud at the Raiders player immediately crying and begging for a flag over a poke in the helmet. I mean, it got his team 15 yards, so I guess it was worth it, but it was the rare penalty situation where both players looked like idiots.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There was a lot to like about that Panthers team on sunday. Obviously I have no expectations this year so I'm going into things a little different, but they've got what look like some good young players to build around. Want to see more Gross-Matos against the bucs.

Joe Brady will not be long for this team. I hope he has a good 2nd in command he's training.

Bridgewater is whatever.

Ruhle coming out and immediately taking blame for the FB dive was completely refreshing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

This does not happen in college football

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

There was a lot to like about that Panthers team on sunday. Obviously I have no expectations this year so I'm going into things a little different, but they've got what look like some good young players to build around. Want to see more Gross-Matos against the bucs.

Joe Brady will not be long for this team. I hope he has a good 2nd in command he's training.

Bridgewater is whatever.

Ruhle coming out and immediately taking blame for the FB dive was completely refreshing.

The joe brady part makes me really sad.

And are you telling me you won't miss "we need to execute better?"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

He sucks and you should fire him so he’ll only be able to hang his head and come back to LSU.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

This does not happen in college football

It absolutely does. If I had a loving dime for every time I heard an college announcer basically laud a DPI for saving the touchdown, I'd be rich.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

It absolutely does. If I had a loving dime for every time I heard an college announcer basically laud a DPI for saving the touchdown, I'd be rich.

It really doesn’t. 10 teams last year had at least 30 30+ yard passing plays on the season. That’s an average of more than 2 per game. Meanwhile the average

There were 6 30+ yard passing plays in the national championship alone.

Meanwhile the median number of first downs given up by penalty per game (a stat that includes more than just DPI) is only about 1.5.

College football is FULL of deep bombs. A corner actually being in position to even attempt to interfere with a well thrown deep ball is the exception.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It really doesn’t. 10 teams last year had at least 30 30+ yard passing plays on the season. That’s an average of more than 2 per game. Meanwhile the average

There were 6 30+ yard passing plays in the national championship alone.

Meanwhile the median number of first downs given up by penalty per game (a stat that includes more than just DPI) is only about 1.5.

College football is FULL of deep bombs. A corner actually being in position to even attempt to interfere with a well thrown deep ball is the exception.

This is honestly the real reason it's not a problem in college.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Participation trophy of the week. Hang the banners!

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1305642488267526151

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Now about those touchdowns...

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
gently caress Drew Brees

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Participation trophy of the week. Hang the banners!

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1305642488267526151

:sad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Stay safe, Gulf Coast goons. Wish we could ship that rain west.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 15, 2020

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
gently caress Mike Ditka.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1305536790514737152

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's refreshing to see the Bucs finally draft a good corner. It's been a long time and A LOT of high draft picks.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I feel like this is stuff you can brag about if you, uh... win.

I mean, it's not nothing, but... you didn't win

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

I feel like this is stuff you can brag about if you, uh... win.

I mean, it's not nothing, but... you didn't win

The defense wasn't the problem :ssh:

Saints fans getting salty about Bucs twitter just throwing out stats is pretty good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

The defense wasn't the problem :ssh:

Saints fans getting salty about Bucs twitter just throwing out stats is pretty good

I’d say less salty and more laughing our asses off.

If the Falcons posted a tweet saying “Did you know that the Falcons had a 25 point lead in a Super Bowl”, would we be applauding it or laughing our asses off?

I rest my case your honor.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I’d say less salty and more laughing our asses off.

If the Falcons posted a tweet saying “Did you know that the Falcons had a 25 point lead in a Super Bowl”, would we be applauding it or laughing our asses off?

I rest my case your honor.

You are clearly salty, lmao

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

You are clearly salty, lmao

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
A truly great video.

https://twitter.com/jessica_smetana/status/1306234803658817537

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I'm going to be expecting some update interaction videos from the Panthers social media dept.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
... you call him that?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Wow

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sir Purr is probably the best NFCS mascot.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Only because the Glazers are too cowardly to hire a fashion model that is a dead ringer for Bucco Bruce.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bucs twitter just throwing out stats

this is as laughably transparent as my 9 year old niece adding "just saying" at the end of things

Silly Burrito posted:

Agreed, but Fetch Monster would regain the title in an instant if Gayle Benson didn't hate puppies and children so much

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Only because the Glazers are too cowardly to hire a fashion model that is a dead ringer for Bucco Bruce.

Thicco Bruce

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Thicco Bruce
Shiver me timbers :holymoley:

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

A.o.D. posted:

they did tho:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tom was never pretty enough to be Bruce.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Chris Godwin is out. I'm ready to watch Scotty "Scooter" Miller run thru the Panthers secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Chris Godwin is out. I'm ready to watch Scotty "Scooter" Miller run thru the Panthers secondary.

Well Mike Evans may actually be able to do something.