Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I could swear there was actually a reference in another comic that said it was a malfunctioning Doombot, but I can't find it.

Not sure about Magneto.

"They're going to blame the Jewish for this somehow, I just know it..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I heard that every mutant working in the twin towers stayed home from work that day!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

How Wonderful! posted:

He was I think, at the very end of John Francis Moore's run he fights a pretender to his identity and finds out his whole backstory. Doom 2099 was really good although I'm disinclined to revisit any Ellis work-- I remember that when he takes over the US he appoints the 2099 Punisher as the Minister of Punishment which is fantastic.

Yeah, then he turns into a fascist (even more of a fascist) and dies.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Dying is the only good thing a fascist can do. So a positive arc.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Yvonmukluk posted:

I guess maybe they all get eaten by Galactus, unless the Watcher lays down his life like he did in What If? The Avengers Fought Galactus (where the FF died in their flight).

That is way overused for What If stories, I'll just assume they found some way to beat or deter Galactus

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

W.T. Fits posted:

I had this one as a teenager, and if I remember right, at first they can't do anything about the extra four arms, but eventually Mr. Fantastic remembers that he had some leftover technology from a time when the FF needed to simulate their powers, and he basically creates a set of four arm-length gloves that lets Peter turn his arms invisible so he can go back to having a secret identity (they don't go into how he'd have to modify his clothes to account for the fact that his arms are still physically there, just invisible now). Also, having the extra arms lets him save Gwen Stacy somehow.

That’s not the first time this came up.

Back in the 90’s there was Mutant X (basically “before Havoc got killed in a big rear end bomb blast, he actually was blown into an alternate universe where he got to be the big hero.”)
In that universe they showed that Peter kept the extra arms, and it showed him defeat Norman Osborn and save Gwen Stacy’s life at the same time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dan Didio posted:

Guess he fell off the edge

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Samovar posted:

Guess he fell off the edge

...CALIBRE!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

akulanization posted:

Dying is the only good thing a fascist can do. So a positive arc.

The only good thing Hitler did was that he killed Hitler.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

drrockso20 posted:

That is way overused for What If stories, I'll just assume they found some way to beat or deter Galactus

I guess Uatu could have sacrificed himself, or maybe Jean becomes Phoenix early (which could be its own What If?)

Heck, you could also roll out some of the characters who were retconned. So maybe Blue Marvel comes out of retirement, Jessica Jones came out of her coma right when Galactus showed up.

Maybe Professor X telepathically calls everyone in to save the planet like he did in that What If? where Rick Jones dies during the Kree-Skrull war.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Didn't Sue once use her force field to crack a celestial's armor? A what if where she gets that kinda power early and just one shots Galactus.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Soon

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm super inspired by the destruction of earth by unrestrained capitalism

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I guess Uatu could have sacrificed himself, or maybe Jean becomes Phoenix early (which could be its own What If?)

Heck, you could also roll out some of the characters who were retconned. So maybe Blue Marvel comes out of retirement, Jessica Jones came out of her coma right when Galactus showed up.

Maybe Professor X telepathically calls everyone in to save the planet like he did in that What If? where Rick Jones dies during the Kree-Skrull war.

My current thought was going to involve Galactus getting shrunk down into the Micro-Verse with Pym Particles or something along those lines, though honestly I wouldn't really focus on it much anyways as there's other way more interesting concepts to explore

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

drrockso20 posted:

My current thought was going to involve Galactus getting shrunk down into the Micro-Verse with Pym Particles or something along those lines, though honestly I wouldn't really focus on it much anyways as there's other way more interesting concepts to explore

Maybe do it like a retro re-take on the original Fantastic Four 50. Have the Wasp and Ant-Man sabotage his World Conversation machinery so that it plugs into a source of Pym Particles and shrinks Galactus that way.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
From Marvel Comics 1000, now excuse me I have to go dissolve into a puddle of feelings:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Senior Woodchuck posted:

From Marvel Comics 1000, now excuse me I have to go dissolve into a puddle of feelings:

Wow

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's such a good page.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looks like she told everyone. Still a good page

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Madkal posted:

No, the idea is lots of people asked Spider-Man the same question.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

She told people the baby's name, obviously, but she didn't tell them that he was named after Spiderman.

Edit: I hate to be a spoilsport, but isn't Ben short for Benjamin?

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 27, 2020

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's short for Bennifer.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
It's Spider-Man.
It's obviously short for Bendolyn

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The Ben 'em Symbiote

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

The Ben 'em Symbiote

Ugh, mods?

Oh.

poo poo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Benagar Parkeragon.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Madkal posted:

I interpreted it as a bunch of other people who Spidey saved and gave the name Ben to when they wanted to name their kids after him.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

Ugh, mods?

Oh.

poo poo.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I interpreted it as a bunch of other people who Spidey saved and gave the name Ben to when they wanted to name their kids after him.

Yeah, that's what I got as well.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

The Ben 'em Symbiote

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't get it

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

I don't get it

Same. The probe reason doesn't lend a clue either.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

drrockso20 posted:

I don't get it

He got it, and that's all you need to know.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
The real question is, will Ben ever be as popular as Bort?

I think not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SimonChris posted:

Edit: I hate to be a spoilsport, but isn't Ben short for Benjamin?

It can also be short for Bernard, or it can be its own name.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Benjamin Yancy Street Parker, you were named after the 2 bravest men I know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember when that one goon said that the Thing was the originator of YEET because he throws things and Yancy strEET.

I loved that.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It can also be short for Bernard, or it can be its own name.

Yes, but the name of "Uncle Ben" is specifically short for Benjamin, so you would expect Spiderman to provide the proper name.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sadly due to the woman mishearing him, Spider-Man’s attempted tribute to Bon Jovi will go unacknowledged and unappreciated

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Dover family is very happy Spider-Man saved their lives...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

The Dover family is very happy Spider-Man saved their lives...

My stupid rear end thought this was a Dover Boys reference. :doh: