Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Israel feeds on the olive trees of the Palestinians, torn down by the bulldozers of the Israeli army; while Palestinians are reduced to forage for garbage. AGC, give this man a dozen Pulitzers.

Seriously though, it's worth a Gaybies nomination for least concealed racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Holy poo poo I had forgotten just how loving terrible Tinsley's art was, like Fishman was pretty clearly phoning it in and still it managed to look 100x better than Tinsley's chicken scratch

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

UZworm posted:

Holy poo poo I had forgotten just how loving terrible Tinsley's art was, like Fishman was pretty clearly phoning it in and still it managed to look 100x better than Tinsley's chicken scratch

Whyyyyyyyyyyy is Tinsley back?! The art's worse, the jokes're worse, the opinions are worse. Fishman was by no means perfect or even good but he managed a sensible chuckle at least once a week, as though he had some awareness this was in the funny pages next to Marmaduke....

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did Tinsley have a stroke, or is it just the effect of seeing his art after nearly a year of Fishman? It looks a bit worse.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

UZworm posted:

This is way worse than I remember, I don't think he's doing too good

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

He probably hasn't had anything better to do for the past few months than drink himself half to death.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

Did Tinsley have a stroke, or is it just the effect of seeing his art after nearly a year of Fishman? It looks a bit worse.

I think it's still the same level of badness, which makes me wonder why they let him come back at all.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

This was his comic from exactly a year ago and today's comic and... okay yeah either he had a stroke, doubled his alcohol habit, or is straight up just sending first drafts to the editor

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

quote:

Dear Loyal, Patriot Readers,

Throughout my esteemed career, I have avoided succumbing to the use of what I consider to be the greatest gimmick in all of cartooning: color. Color is the crutch of no-talent hacks, uninspired wannabes, and artless sickos. Previously reserved for that desolate wasteland referred to with unintentional irony as “the Sunday Funnies,” color has spent the past decades seeping further into every section of our beloved newspapers, becoming a CMYK blot on journalistic integrity.

Sadly, the field of Editorial Cartooning has not been immune to this ostentatious scourge. Flim-flamming money-grubbers like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, peddling their gizmos, have brainwashed honest craftsmen into becoming rainbow-vomiting “content creators,” more dedicated to the “beeps” and “boops” of their computers than to sacred cartooning traditions and norms.

I have remained steadfast in my vow to banish not only hues, but also shades of gray from my work. My cartoons are a gift given selflessly to enlighten you to the way I see the world—in stark black-and-white terms…and drawings.

Thus, have I remained resolute…until this week. With a deadline looming and a cold whiskey sour in hand, I looked to the Heavens, as I often do, for inspiration. The vibrant, natural beauty and wonder of the skies adjacent to fire-ravaged landscapes was clearly a sign from beyond that the jubilant season of scarves and jack-’o’-lanterns was upon us.

It was then I knew I must heed the call to echo the expression of the divine in this week’s cartoon. And so, I bestow upon you glorious, life-affirming, freedom-loving ORANGE (0C 50M 100Y 0K)!

Fear not, I have not forsaken my oath, merely provided the exception that proves the rule: Cartoons with color are not worth the newsprint they’re printed on. Except this week.

God bless,
Kelly

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does Kelly always include a blurb because why do we have to read Garrison's notes and be deprived of Kelly's? At least give us both.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Chamale posted:

Michael Crichton wrote a novel called State of Fear where extreme environmentalists deliberately cause natural disasters to make people think climate change is real. Now it seems every conservative thinks the West Coast is burning down because of Antifa arsonists, not the hot dry weather exacerbated by climate change.

I reread Jurassic Park recently and Crichton's politics were kind of reactionary and lovely, huh?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

betaraywil posted:

I reread Jurassic Park recently and Crichton's politics were kind of reactionary and lovely, huh?

Let me tell you about how climate change is a conspiracy and they're going to use it earthquake machines to tidal wave california

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does Kelly always include a blurb because why do we have to read Garrison's notes and be deprived of Kelly's? At least give us both.
I've never seen a Kelly comic with a blurb before and after checking none of the previous 40 have one

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Ah, I got my new av from admins... :cripes:

Thanks for helping me with this Cat Matress :)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CuwiKhons posted:

He probably hasn't had anything better to do for the past few months than drink himself half to death.

Yeah, there isn't a job that Tinsley can't half-rear end.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
maybe tinsley lawyered it back and now doesn't give even a fraction of a poo poo about his product

e: or, also super possible, that legion of retired people who are the only reason newspapers exist anyway actually noticed their right wing cartoonist was getting all liberal and started complaining, which would explain some of the more recent humdingers from fishman and how tinsley got reinstatted and now doesn't give even a fraction of a poo poo about his product

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I've never seen a Kelly comic with a blurb before and after checking none of the previous 40 have one

Fair enough. The world doesn't deserve that joy.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

But why is Russian meddling a molehill (which he acknowledges exists) if Chinese meddling is a mountain? At least they should both be mountains no matter how dumb you are.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Ah, yes, the kind of "quarantine" where you're standing four feet apart with no protective gear.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

fool of sound posted:

Let me tell you about how climate change is a conspiracy and they're going to use it earthquake machines to tidal wave california

God that book was garbage. Assassins who drove around in a Prius (which was the only time you saw them so it was their only defining feature), using a rare octopus in a plastic bag to attack people (rather than just inject them with a needle or something). The eco-terrorists have a bunch of plans that have nothing do with global warming such as using earthquake tidal waves to flood California DURING A CLIMATE CONFERENCE (potentially killing all their donors/ally/boss who knows everything). The super smart/cool agent (author insert!) constantly dunking on the Hollywood liberal movie star, until the star is torn apart and eaten by cannibals. Oh, the earthquake machines are just normal drilling equipment that the terrorists rented.

betaraywil posted:

Yep, he called for economic war with Japan in one book, just before their economic crash. And he named a pedophile character after a guy who gave him a bad review.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Thoughtless posted:

But why is Russian meddling a molehill (which he acknowledges exists) if Chinese meddling is a mountain? At least they should both be mountains no matter how dumb you are.

There's an additional word on the Chinese election meddling mountain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Wanderer posted:

Ah, yes, the kind of "quarantine" where you're standing four feet apart with no protective gear.

It's on a larger scale. Ever wonder why all the solar systems are so far away from us?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK's 'rule of six' and internal market bill — Grouse shooting and hunting with guns in England are among outdoor activities exempted from the government’s ‘rule of six’ coronavirus regulations"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Death toll rises as fires choke US west coast and Trump response is lambasted

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Rule of Six

:sun: It's hot! counter: 10. :supaburn:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Thoughtless posted:

Sometimes I wonder if people were always this fact-resistant, or if I'm just getting old.

"We have both proof and examples of climate change? Uhhh... Antifa did it!" like please.

Did people do this in the past? Like when the Exxon-Valdez spill happened, was there a political cartoonist saying it was actually the communists, or fake news?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJDgVlv55Uw

"The world's smartest people kept being wrong... sometimes!"

I'm sure people thought this was actually a stellar argument against evolution.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Dear political cartoonists: Our country (The United States Of America) only looks okay in its current visual orientation. Do not in any circumstance portray it in different orientations, mirrored, etc. To do so breaks the illusion and reveals the true nature of our country: weird, repulsive, and fat.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Telegraph:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Rule of Six

:sun: It's hot! counter: 10. :supaburn:

Oh no! You can't hold stupid bbqs and house parties while the infection rate is spiking up again! This is just the worst!

Also loving lol at the Mail whining about people snitching, they're the paper of the kind of people who call in Armed Police if they see someone a shade darker than mayonnaise minding their own business.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

A lone figure stands in the street, facing off against a gang of seven men on horseback. In classic western tradition, the large and intimidating gang are the goodies.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

SteelMentor posted:

Oh no! You can't hold stupid bbqs and house parties while the infection rate is spiking up again! This is just the worst!

Also loving lol at the Mail whining about people snitching, they're the paper of the kind of people who call in Armed Police if they see someone a shade darker than mayonnaise minding their own business.

the mail and telegraph are 100% in favour of strict law and order and doing your bit for society up until it even slightly affects the lives of the grumpy old white people who buy the papers

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

After appointing a COVID economic response committee full of gas industry people, Scott Morrison announced that our economic recovery is now based on gas. Subsidies for more gas extraction, pipelines everywhere, and if the free market doesn't replace the soon-to-retire coal plant in NSW with gas itself then the government will do it for them whether the state needs it or not.

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Knight:

Victoria's coronavirus hotel quarantine inquiry hears ADF support was offered (ABC)

Leak, Son of Leak:

Dining on the streets: $100m fund to help Melbourne recover from COVID (The Age)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

This man is a national treasure.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
That really is an all-time top 5 Kelly

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Fishman is back already?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

“I see, myself, they claim I’m the entire state of California. No, I don’t know how that charge works either.”

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 16, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Strong case for direct reparations.

Also, as a computer toucher, the second image is almost entirely true

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, did some little old lady shoot two cops in a parked police car? Is that what that image is?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Somfin posted:

Strong case for direct reparations.

Also, as a computer toucher, the second image is almost entirely true

Someone must have explained phishing scams with a liberal accent to Fishman.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, did some little old lady shoot two cops in a parked police car? Is that what that image is?

Looked more like a 14 year old kid, but yes. That exact scene happened.
https://twitter.com/LASDHQ/status/1304993095725932545

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 16, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

War Wizard posted:

Looked more like a 14 year old kid, but yes. That exact scene happened.

Ah, I thought that was supposed to be a hair bun and a skirt in the comic. Kind of hard to see the details in a cross hatched version of an already grainy photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So start one you lazy bastard. Nobody's stopping you.