Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had to break it to a guy in the park today that you can’t sue the governor for damages for illegally shutting down your business for Covid

he wouldn’t not accept it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Victory Position posted:

your heart can turn to mush, your lungs to confetti, your brain to pulp, but apparently we still have yet for it to shred our insides quite like that

Good news, reports from today indicate intestinal necrosis! When you combo that with the brain damage, it's very much on the table!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

are you in the right head space to receive information that could possibly hurt you?

This is a case of a COVID-19-positive patient who presented with catastrophic bowel necrosis

the gooniest virus

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Wow that’s worth

*taps on calculator

2 PlayStation 3s!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smythe posted:

sad fact is a lot of cspam posters who think they are smart are actually really stupid and get so easily trolled and owned in qcs its really pathetic to watch. if you want to leave the safe zone you gotta be ready to fight with the big boys of this forum.

The thing is, so long as QCS is there. Even if it's real purpose is just a den for trolls and truly repulsive weirdos. Even if that's what the mods intend for it to be, it still superficially gives the impression that it's actually a place where people are meant to talk about the forums. So if everyone just ignored the people who made it their life's mission to coordinate a campaign against CSPAM, they go in and whip up 10-20 page threads about how CSPAM is full of terrorists, CSPAM will cause a mass shooting, CSPAM will cause suicides, CSPAM will cause the forums to get shut down. And 400, 800 posts of that poo poo gives the impression of a complete consensus that CSPAM is bad. Even though that consensus in no way actually exists.

And Homeless Friend is completely right when they say:

Homeless Friend posted:

cspam requires these soft hearted & headed posters to function imo. its why the trump thread getting smoked by the new years drama threw cspam's humours all out of whack. I was waving my hankerchief as they marched to total victory in QCS but then they came back all hosed up, bandaged & bloodied. the battle won the but war lost ....

The QCS appearance of consensus that CSPAM is bad, or dangerous, is hurtful to those necessary posters, soft of head and heart who keep CSPAM going. and they'll keep taking the bait every time, just to push back on the ridiculous fantasy narrative of how cspam is terrible that keeps getting spun in QCS. This cycle won't change unless and until QCS changes. So it's really not fair to clown on the CSPAM posters who venture in there and get in slapfights, because that's about all QCS is set up to do.

hahahaha!!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Those are some gnarly cheese doodle pictures at the bottom of that article. Cheezer gut.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

cspam requires these soft hearted & headed posters to function imo. its why the trump thread getting smoked by the new years drama threw cspam's humours all out of whack. I was waving my hankerchief as they marched to total victory in QCS but then they came back all hosed up, bandaged & bloodied. the battle won the but war lost ....

some of our hardest Posters, like benghazi 2, were taken from us in that battle

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1305983529726152704?s=20

Reopening the schools having the intended effect.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Vim Fuego posted:

The thing is, so long as QCS is there. Even if it's real purpose is just a den for trolls and truly repulsive weirdos. Even if that's what the mods intend for it to be, it still superficially gives the impression that it's actually a place where people are meant to talk about the forums. So if everyone just ignored the people who made it their life's mission to coordinate a campaign against CSPAM, they go in and whip up 10-20 page threads about how CSPAM is full of terrorists, CSPAM will cause a mass shooting, CSPAM will cause suicides, CSPAM will cause the forums to get shut down. And 400, 800 posts of that poo poo gives the impression of a complete consensus that CSPAM is bad. Even though that consensus in no way actually exists.

The QCS appearance of consensus that CSPAM is bad, or dangerous, is hurtful to those necessary posters, soft of head and heart who keep CSPAM going. and they'll keep taking the bait every time, just to push back on the ridiculous fantasy narrative of how cspam is terrible that keeps getting spun in QCS. This cycle won't change unless and until QCS changes. So it's really not fair to clown on the CSPAM posters who venture in there and get in slapfights, because that's about all QCS is set up to do.

hahahaha!!

So it's a peaceful protest, then. Doesn't matter, lets the admins look like they care, hardass nazis do their best to take out well meaning antifa and get protected by the cops while doing so.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

hahahaha!!

i read and posted in like most qcs threads as an admin for like 4 years, op.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We need to get rid of the mutual aid funds next. I do not want to read about some goon begging for money because they are about to be homeless because the lyft job isn't paying. That isn't funny.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Smythe posted:

sad fact is a lot of cspam posters who think they are smart are actually really stupid and get so easily trolled and owned in qcs its really pathetic to watch. if you want to leave the safe zone you gotta be ready to fight with the big boys of this forum.

lmao this is about someone who might've killed herself can you shut the gently caress up you weirdos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

snoo posted:

lmao this is about someone who might've killed herself can you shut the gently caress up you weirdos

i dont think ppl were talking about that in this particular thread of conversation. i certainly wasn't. apologies if anything got mixed up.

i hope they are well and send my best regards to them and theirs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

See facetouchercat killing themselves isnt funny.

Goon wives killing goons with covid or goons killing parents with covid is funny.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Goon wives killing goons with covid or goons killing parents with covid is funny.

neither of those things are funny actually.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Smythe posted:

i dont think ppl were talking about that in this particular thread of conversation. i certainly wasn't. apologies if anything got mixed up.

i hope they are well and send my best regards to them and theirs.

you wouldn't be having this convo if the "take your grievances about the mod decision on this particular suicide threat to qcs" wasn't posted don't loving play dumb

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

i dont think anyone dying is funny, personally. ... unless it was donald trump lol xD

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Printing billions of paper tickets and listing them as high exchange value assets on my books

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

i dont think anyone dying is funny, personally. ... unless it was donald trump lol xD

pc culture gone wild

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

snoo posted:

you wouldn't be having this convo if the "take your grievances about the mod decision on this particular suicide threat to qcs" wasn't posted don't loving play dumb

i cant speak for anyone else but the facetouchercat was the furthest thing from my mind when i entered this conversation about flame wars in the qcs forum. no disrespect intended.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
everything is funny. i'm laughing constantly, help i can't stop

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

everyone take a deep breath, get yourself calmed down with a giant huff of covid-infested wildfire smoke. it'll all be okay.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
One person dying isn't funny, in fact the only funny death is the death of humanity

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm trying to figure out which restaurant I'm going to go to when I finally lose it

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
i cackle and twirl my posting mustache. nobody will ever see through my plot to call cspam posters dumb by telling people to complain in the complaint subforum.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm trying to figure out which restaurant I'm going to go to when I finally lose it

which has the best buffet spread

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Iron Crowned posted:

APPLEbEES 2 for $20 APPZ :swoon: :toot: :swoon: dem BREADSTICks holy MOLY

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Didn't realize this was the qcs thread

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
Sometimes I learn about the world and how loving stupid and awful it is and it really boils my piss

I come and lurk in cspam and there are other people who recognise this and make jokes or suggest actions to improve things and it makes me feel much better

Cspam is good thank you everyone for helping me cope

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

we've DONE it. we did it yall. we stopped covid

OPEN ER NOW NOW daddy needs BREADSTICK

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

are you in the right head space to receive information that could possibly hurt you?

This is a case of a COVID-19-positive patient who presented with catastrophic bowel necrosis

well, that's another space off the card to a full and complete game of blackout bingo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

there is now a diss track for the nutjob pastor who caused the outbreak
https://twitter.com/spizzyspose/status/1305699824675819526?s=19

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mayor Dave posted:

One person dying isn't funny, in fact the only funny death is the death of humanity

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a million is a comedy lol *honk honk*"

-marx

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Didn't realize this was the qcs thread

this is what happens when u wear the mask.. co2 poisoning

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

something like the lowest kind of Chinese buffet would taste like ambrosia to me at this point.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Homeless Friend posted:

this is what happens when u wear the mask.. co2 poisoning

Checks out, I wear a mask 10 hours a day at work.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol why the gently caress not?

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1305979617547825152?s=19

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Iowa going for herd immunity speedrun strats

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good. Whatever lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I think we all guessed back in march that this would very quickly devolve into arbitrary and irresponsible reopenings and then harsh lockdowns a few weeks later on repeat but it's still always just shocking to see how chaotic and stupid it all is