Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1305986782111191041

You and me both, buddy!

Edit: It seems like Dave knowns that Jadis touching something in the physical realm is extremely bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I was just wondering when Jadis was going to show up.

Also Solomon was going to renege on his oversold stupid wish. That pile of waxed lies.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Is Jadis about to get properly introduced now (bearer of the word, god of the 7th, etc.)?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
now I can't help but wonder if he was saying "rightly" or "lightly"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Jaggs a-coming.

I don't know if Solomon was going to outright renege, it looked more like he was saying something like "what you ask can't actually be what you want."

e: Oh, "what you ask can not be lightly/rightly granted" duh.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Happy Underpants posted:

I was just wondering when Jadis was going to show up.

Also Solomon was going to renege on his oversold stupid wish. That pile of waxed lies.

I think he was all set to offer to abdicate as long as White Chain would take the big chair, but men plan, and Jagganoth laughs.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Jadis: "sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssup?"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I have a feeling that the terrible secret Jadis learned that ravaged her body and mind was a word that can unmake reality.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I wonder if Solomon's attempt to break his promise summoned Jadis somehow. Could be an act that leaves him especially weak somehow.

Its probably just bad luck.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

A.o.D. posted:

I have a feeling that the terrible secret Jadis learned that ravaged her body and mind was a word that can unmake reality.

I've read that book

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

uh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhi

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

if Jag's finally going to war against everyone, i wonder if that's Gog's cue to go full top ten anime betrayals on Sol

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Whelp, wasn't expecting that

How long do you think it's been since three demiurges (Solomon, Jadis, Gog Agog) were in the same place on the same time outside of the neutral zone of Throne?

So far I think we've only seen one-on-one encounters

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Is Jadis an early warning system, or is Jadis a bomb?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That's an *amazing* turn from stoic to "oh holy poo poo we're all hosed" on Dave's face there

Vaguely remembering now that Jadis was stated to have been the strongest before she got put on ice

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God, this comic works such wonders with color

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

oh gently caress

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
yeah i don't think Jadis is the problem here, exactly

red's not her preferred color

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Big Holy poo poo. I assumed Jadis wouldn't play a big role in the plot and Jagg was going to be the one to crash this party, but now it appears that Jadis is some type of bomb that ki rata can't stop.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

lol Deus ex Machina, guess there's no point arguing over any of this. Abaddon covered the first bit of his dialogue like a loving genius so there's never going to be a way to tell if he said Lightly? Rightly? SD seemed contemplative though.

Victis fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 15, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i assume she's the messenger re: universal war (and the fact that she's the messenger means poo poo is truly hosed)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Victis posted:

lol Diabolus ex Machina, guess there's no point arguing over any of this. SD was going to figure out a way to do it tho

Get it right.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

eke out posted:

i assume she's the messenger re: universal war (and the fact that she's the messenger means poo poo is truly hosed)

The note below the page just said "Herald" so yeah

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Also, the red glow is probably from the writing she makes appear on her rock.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Straight White Shark posted:

I read it as "instantly," but looking at it i think right or light is probably better

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

SD's immediate concern is for the city and his people so all Dave haters can gtfo

edit: whatever's coming I bet Dave gets killed. We got to see his power, he's gonna Ki Rata and get chumped anyways

Victis fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 15, 2020

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Jadis shows off the new Jagganoth emoji

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's pretty telling that my vibrating brain is going poo poo's about to get real as though anything in the last year (Battle Tournament, Allicio, Vigilant Gaze creaming Juggs, White Chain's Apotheosis, Zaid is back) has not already been incredibly loving hype.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Incoming Chaos Dunk.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Jadis said

Also this comic has frequently had "Big Dominions Vibes" and if "teleporting your immobile god right into your enemy's capital" isn't the classic Dominions play, I don't know what is. She even looks like a Monolith!

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Tulip posted:

Also this comic has frequently had "Big Dominions Vibes" and if "teleporting your immobile god right into your enemy's capital" isn't the classic Dominions play, I don't know what is. She even looks like a Monolith!

It's turn 10,000+ all the players have turtled up and they've just started to realize that the horrors aren't going to show up and give them victory by eating everyone else.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Magnusth posted:

I read it as "instantly," but looking at it i think right or light is probably better

"cannot be lightly granted" would match his level of contemplation. He's not saying yes or no, but he is thinking about it.

wiegieman posted:

Yeah this makes more sense than that she's about to explode or let loose -- if that were the case, I doubt there'd be time for evacuation. It's much more likely she's bringing news that elephant-dude and cut-rate Bowie are making their move.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

"Lightly" makes much more sense to me; since saying it can't rightly be granted would imply that either he doesn't have the right to grant it (he obviously does) or she doesn't have the right to ask (and this is definitely in the vein of requests he's hoping to get, so not that either).

Meaning he probably wasn't going to renege on the request, just to be real that a peaceful restructuring of government isn't something he can just decree from his chair.

Of course, now a demiurge has dropped in to where two other demiurges are hanging out looking terrified, so everyone has much bigger problems.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Once Yemmod came to Rayuba.

Now it’s Jagganoth.

Solomon gonna be PTSDing something fierce.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

wiegieman posted:

i was guessing "giant army teleporting into the sky" but if so she's a pretty bad early warning system

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

e: yeah there is a lot of glowing red writing on the old pages with her, maybe you're right

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I'm pretty sure she showed up to give him 5 seconds warning about Jagganoth's attack (since red is his color and all)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

eke out posted:

i was guessing "giant army teleporting into the sky" but if so she's a pretty bad early warning system

She's been trying to warn them for millennia now, but she only gets a solid hhhhhhhh before someone interrupts her.

This is also seemingly the moment of prophecy

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/

Since you've pretty much got everyone there or at least already invested (incubus, mammon, and motom). WC and Cio flanking our solid lass who is listening to zoss's advice. Meti is off in the stands, and the ballroom blitz about to kick off universal war. Jagganoth probably about to rush in via red glowing apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:pusheen: