Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I hope nobody falls for this. There are theoretically worse ways to get into comics, but I can't think of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You could sign up for that one studio ran by berganza and esquivel

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/PeterShinkoda/status/1305891385585721346?s=19

This is the guy who played Nobu in Daredevil. Not a good look

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

lmao if this was an offer from satan I’d spit in their face. Satan can do way better than that.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Terrific is a company recently formed by Andrew Rev, who swooped in and bought Comico out of bankruptcy and did nothing of note with it other than scamming Bill Willingham out of the rights to Elementals and also keeping the rights to Mage in limbo for like a decade of legal battles with Matt Wagner.

It recently came to light that due to some sort of probably only quasi-legal loan that Rob Liefeld took from Scott Rosenberg (another 1980s/early 1990s scammy comics publisher) that Andrew Rev 'purchased' the 'rights' to Youngblood from Rosenberg, unbeknownst to anyone else.

Rev is using the rights he's still asserting to Elementals and Youngblood to form Terrific Productions and be a psychotic on Twitter. Terrific was formed last year and has published zero comics but seems to think they can take over the world using two superhero properties that haven't been relevant in thirty years and whose controversial creators completely hate the publisher.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That whole Twitter is insane.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It really is some legit schizo sounding stuff

https://twitter.com/LlcTerrific/status/1305878424129400832

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

No idea.

More goodies

https://twitter.com/JAMALIGLE/status/1305928039612678148?s=20

3 year non compete clause? gently caress me, I've never heard of an exclusive contract also including a non compete clause at all in comics, and even poo poo like when Conan left the Tonight Show he was only barred from tv for like 6 months and that was almost certainly part of a large enough cash settlement he could pay his staff while still being a rich rear end motherfucker.

Even WWE only does year long non competes at most and they are one of the worst corporations on the planet as far as loving their workers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Seriously I can't even parse some of their tweets.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Every single thing Terrific Inc posts has enormous cokehead energy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pierson posted:

Every single thing Terrific Inc posts has enormous cokehead energy.

Rev, the "publisher," always comes off as one of those guys who's oddly well off but you're not sure how because he never does anything.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also:

https://twitter.com/geekyhush/status/1306331042689822720

What was EVS even working for Marvel in the time he claims? The first I know of him working for Marvel is 2001 on Grant's X-Men, but I also take into consideration Uncle Ethan is a lying liar who tells lies.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
That's Miss Thing from a very crummy 2000 Joe Casey one-shot, Heroes Reborn: The Remnants, a woman with a completely different personality from Laura Kinney whose deal was that she got attacked by Sabertooth or Wolverine, killed him, and took his claws. She appeared in precisely one issue ever, and at that point Tom DeFalco and Ron Lim's Wild Thing had already been around for a year:

Not to be confused of course with Marvel UK's other Wild Thing, who is in tremendous pain:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Oh wow, that cover actually caused me to cringe in pain.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Of course the snake is right in her crotch.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

the 90s were a mistake

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Clearly that snake killed that poor woman by breaking her spine. RIP that woman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

Also:

https://twitter.com/geekyhush/status/1306331042689822720

What was EVS even working for Marvel in the time he claims? The first I know of him working for Marvel is 2001 on Grant's X-Men, but I also take into consideration Uncle Ethan is a lying liar who tells lies.

loving lol

https://twitter.com/geekyhush/status/1306338064424411136?s=20

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dawgstar posted:

Rev, the "publisher," always comes off as one of those guys who's oddly well off but you're not sure how because he never does anything.

Maybe it's the Mike Cernovich thing where he made out very well in a divorce from a wealthy spouse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

Maybe it's the Mike Cernovich thing where he made out very well in a divorce from a wealthy spouse.

Is that the loving reason I know that name, he married a rich woman and was so horrible to her she gave him a bunch of money to go away?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Is that the loving reason I know that name, he married a rich woman and was so horrible to her she gave him a bunch of money to go away?

Cernovich was one of the main people who spread the PizzaGate nonsense and more germane to our forum, the guy who led the 'James Gunn is a pedo' charge that severely impacted Gunn's career to this day as we can see.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Dawgstar posted:

Cernovich was one of the main people who spread the PizzaGate nonsense and more germane to our forum, the guy who led the 'James Gunn is a pedo' charge that severely impacted Gunn's career to this day as we can see.

Funniest part is chuds claiming is what the EVIL SJWS who did that to James Gunn.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Wanderer posted:

Probably why he doesn't need the juice business anymore.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dawgstar posted:

Cernovich's primary hustle has been selling his own particular brand of masculinity like it's a self-help routine in books like Gorilla Mindset, which makes it extra funny that he's only able to support himself due to alimony payments from his incredibly successful ex-wife.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

Cernovich's primary hustle has been selling his own particular brand of masculinity like it's a self-help routine in books like Gorilla Mindset, which makes it extra funny that he's only able to support himself due to alimony payments from his incredibly successful ex-wife.

Don't the testosterone drugs he shills amusingly contain large amounts of soy?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Don't the testosterone drugs he shills amusingly contain large amounts of soy?

Isnt that Alex Jones? Does Cernovitch shill that poo poo too?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

Isnt that Alex Jones? Does Cernovitch shill that poo poo too?

I’m pretty sure that’s Paul Joseph Watson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Nucleic Acids posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s Paul Joseph Watson.

All three are connected

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Every single right wing influencer or commentator has a brain pill or a test regimen or some other TRT replacement or supplement to sell you.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
All of them also contain soy, cause it's super good for you.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
They also sold gold at some point

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cernovitch is also super close friends with @Jack so he pretty much has free run of twitter. Is probably why so many nazis are free to say poo poo until they actually break a law like posting someones personal information and telling people to kill them.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
posted in a couple other threads, but Diane Nelson, former president of DC Entertainment, is alleging that Geoff Johns has been abusive to DC writers

https://twitter.com/atticusxprime/status/1309272609243246592
https://twitter.com/dewnelson1/status/1309307157276364802

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wouldn't doubt her. She's almost universally loved and trusted in the industry.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparently she just deleted her account?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Probably getting death threats.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That'd back up Ray Fisher's claims too.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
The tweet in question: https://twitter.com/pingpongflix/status/1309313723639631877?s=21

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I don't know why, but i just don't like that A>E thing on an aesthetic level. I think maybe because it feels like something either a Randian or Q-adjacent person would say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

howe_sam posted:

I don't know why, but i just don't like that A>E thing on an aesthetic level. I think maybe because it feels like something either a Randian or Q-adjacent person would say?

Yeah I don't like people just blindly parroting, especially while doing something while yelling at a woman to air out other people's dirty laundry