Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Mizu had a creepy mushroom with dismembered hands and a base of screaming faces. She's good for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Mizu having a long, one-sided rivalry with someone over the cuties' affection would be very funny though.

I really like the supplemental. The little slice-of-life writing and your drawings are genuinely delightful.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

eternaldough posted:

Mizu having a long, one-sided rivalry with someone over the cuties' affection would be very funny though.

It would not be long.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
TeeQueue, you have a really good sense of shot framing and what the like, image to pull out from a thing is when you do these little drawings, which is a really good skill to have. I really love these, they're charming as hell, and I want to see more of them.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

There's not going to be any actual gameplay in any of the Supplementals, so they're skippable

What utter lies. Imagine reading this thread and not following the extra fluff bits.

Honestly, it's basically mandatory.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Man having a map to the manager's office for when sentries are down is certainly useful.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I feel some mixture of joy and dread for my namesake. They have done so well. Except for the jerky face.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Talow posted:

Man having a map to the manager's office for when sentries are down is certainly useful.

When Boksi uses it during Tiphereth meltdown to get to the office, the plot will instead be about the Manager and Tiphereth teaming up to teach Boksi how to be less of a prick :v:

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Theantero posted:

When Boksi uses it during Tiphereth meltdown to get to the office, the plot will instead be about the Manager and Tiphereth teaming up to teach Boksi how to be less of a prick :v:

Oh please, I'm the most charming and lovable person in this whole facility(Ppodae doesn't count, it's an abnormality). My mere presence improves every scene I'm in, even before you take into account my eloquence and wit. Clearly, Tiphereth's meltdown will instead be resolved by my empathy as a fellow older sibling.

To be honest, this characterization isn't quite what I intended when I originally submitted my application, but to be fair it was a very vague description and the result has been amusing so far. A bit one-note, but so are a lot of other characters and the cast's big enough to make it not feel repetitive.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mizu is more "face the cuties, build the future".

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Quackles posted:

Mizu is more "face the cuties, build a face".

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Quackles posted:

Mizu is more "face the cuties, get a face from the cuties".

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Talow posted:

Those sentries would have been helpful for the failed runs.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Boksi posted:

Oh please, I'm the most charming and lovable person in this whole facility(Ppodae doesn't count, it's an abnormality). My mere presence improves every scene I'm in, even before you take into account my eloquence and wit. Clearly, Tiphereth's meltdown will instead be resolved by my empathy as a fellow older sibling.

To be honest, this characterization isn't quite what I intended when I originally submitted my application, but to be fair it was a very vague description and the result has been amusing so far. A bit one-note, but so are a lot of other characters and the cast's big enough to make it not feel repetitive.

Boksi is fun to write for, tbh. I wanna give him a noogie. :shobon:

But we're absolutely hitting Fire Emblem characterization as we move along. For a cast this big it's practically a necessity. :ssh:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Should I be worried your departments are half full when you could be recruiting several agents?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Quality really is better than quantity much of the time. Every weak agent that panics or dies inflicts fear damage upon all the others, and there are plenty of powerful abnormalities can delete any agent below a certain stat threshold.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Expanding on that: until we have the gear to have everyone outfitted in WAW/ALEPH stuff, keeping it to around 3 per department is the best overall balance of having people while avoiding having someone on staff who you have to treat with kid gloves.

Soon we'll probably be seeing an influx of new agents, due to the abnormalities I'm picking up and also some of the core suppression bonuses coming up making it easier to start a new agent off right.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

Soon we'll probably be seeing an influx of new agents

fresh meat fresh meat fresh meat

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Yeah I went and signed up. Might not get in anyway, but might as well try for a glorious end.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I didn't really write down a personality for my agent so I'm worried about getting in. Oh well. I just want to die gloriously for science.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I dont even remember if I submitted one at all. Like, I definitely thought about it, but thats all I can remember of it during the blur that has been this past month. Oh well! If I end up on the chopping block, so be it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

If it helps, most of the submissions haven't had a personality.

That has never stopped me from arbitrarily assigning one. :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am hoping I get in but I am also slightly worried that it may be to show of a certain thing.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Been long enough I don't even remember my submission that well. "Mr Gibs", might've been balding, "designated new abnormality sacrifice guinea pig who won't see a second update."

Semi related, I suppose it comes with how much time goes into training fresh agents/replacement gear; but I don't remember there being that many agent deaths (that were kept) so far.
Lobotomy corp is not the most meatgrinder* friendly of games, despite the many dangers. :v

*Clerks technically count, but clerk death is considerably less of a problem than agent death

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

TeeQueue posted:

Expanding on that: until we have the gear to have everyone outfitted in WAW/ALEPH stuff, keeping it to around 3 per department is the best overall balance of having people while avoiding having someone on staff who you have to treat with kid gloves.

Soon we'll probably be seeing an influx of new agents, due to the abnormalities I'm picking up and also some of the core suppression bonuses coming up making it easier to start a new agent off right.

I might show up yay :woop:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I had considered submitting one or two literary characters I liked in the vein of Ishmael, before I remembered what happened to Ishmael. So I just put myself in with minimal guidelines.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I'm actually really worried for Hod. Malkuth was in retrospect never 100% stable, but she did her job just fine all the way up until she remembered her past life as Elijah, and remembering a past life that had such a traumatic end like that would cause anyone to have a mental breakdown.

Hod is addicted to what could be best described as the purest form of drug imaginable, has dealt said drug out to her employees to make them (unknowingly?) reliant on her, and has hallucinations where dead employees yell at her about how her friendly persona is a lie and she only acts nice to fuel her ego and sense of self-importance. This is compounded by how the living employees frequently talk under their breath about how her friendly persona is a lie and she only acts nice to fuel her ego and sense of self-importance. She seems to be by far the least liked Sephirah in the entire facility to the point even her fellow Sephirah don't give a drat about her, and in general is a total mess.

She's already worse off mentally than Malkuth was during her meltdown. What the hell is left that can even cause her to have a meltdown, and how much worse can she get than she already is?

EDIT: I actually can't tell if Hod is actually only pretending to be nice and in reality is just a complete drug-dealing rear end in a top hat, or if she really is a genuinely kind person and just really really really bad at expressing her kindness.

Former would probably justify smashing her to pieces, latter would definitely justify a hug.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 16, 2020

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I put myself into the bucket, so far this has been excellent. Really wish I hadn't seen any gameplay of this game beforehand, but it hasn't done much to make it any less entertaining.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Theantero posted:

Man, when even Tiphereth is telling you you're too much of a jerk you know you're an rear end in a top hat.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

the Orb of Zot posted:

EDIT: I actually can't tell if Hod is actually only pretending to be nice and in reality is just a complete drug-dealing rear end in a top hat, or if she really is a genuinely kind person and just really really really bad at expressing her kindness.

Former would probably justify smashing her to pieces, latter would definitely justify a hug.

I've only been following the LP but I'm like 97% sure Hod is a genuinely nice girl who is just trying her best to make everything more bearable for the employees, but accidentally screwed up.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

serefin99 posted:

I've only been following the LP but I'm like 97% sure Hod is a genuinely nice girl who is just trying her best to make everything more bearable for the employees, but accidentally screwed up.

I feel Hod is basically reverse Netzach: he thinks that everything is terrible and nothing can be changed so everyone should just stop caring, Hod thinks that everything is terrible and everyone should try their best to change that. And when nothing changes she gets more and more depressed.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Hod is the person who tells you to have a positive attitude to deal with depression, but only because she's cripplingly depressed herself and putting all her hopes on fake it til you make it improving things.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'm mostly eager to see if Hod is going to explode into an eldritch Dark Young tree thing like Malkuth or she's going to have an entirely different form.

She probably won't have a ducky pen either way though.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

PetraCore posted:

Hod is the person who tells you to have a positive attitude to deal with depression, but only because she's cripplingly depressed herself and putting all her hopes on fake it til you make it improving things.

Better than ending up with crippling anxiety because stressing yourself the gently caress out is the only way to get anything done within deadline. :suicide:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Ow. That one hurt.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While the abnormalities are all cool, the really big draw in this game is 100% the Sephirat and the story that has started developing around them. TeeQueue is doing a fantastic job adding to it but I can 100% see myself getting immersed in the story of this game if I had the patience to sit down and play it.

I don't have that patience, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update while crossing my fingers to pray I get in as an agent.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
@hod
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1275210680866492417

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

looking forward to seeing what kind of disasters Coffee & Cigarettes are.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I just threw my hat into the ring, put me in the wood chipper, skipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
There is something to be said about this game's (and LP's) writing that this game's core concept is basically 'SCP Foundation simulator', something that I have fervently hoped for to exist for way too many years, with all the trappings and nostalgia something of that description would imply. Yet at this point my reason for reading this has shifted entirely from "wanting to see the next SCP abnormality and how dangerous it will be" to "seeing what happens with the Sephirah next".