Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sleeveless posted:

I do think that with the median age of posters reaching middle age the upcoming years are gonna get real interesting as goons start to enter old age. I honestly have no idea what that's gonna look like.

Probably mostly the same in 40 years, but people will be posting in the "Post ITT when you lol that Barron Trump is the President" thread, there will be even more threads about making GBS threads yourself, TCC will have moved on to talking about how to mainline Losartan, E/N will mostly be about commiserating that your grandkids never call, and we'll finally be celebrating the sale of the forums to Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Kins posted:

I could've swore I heard that the NoJoe stuff was going to be the final enforced mass-toxx, but things might have changed since I last paid attention. Lord knows talking about politics in real life is stressful enough without taking away verbal, facial and all the other social cues.

Its going to be enforced because literally the only way to fail it is to

A: vote for Joe Biden

B: tell people in CSPAM, the forum that gassed a Voting for Biden thread for being a "gimmick troll thread", about it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i think the other big reason political toxxes aren't gonna be enforced this year is that there was so much extra drama and slapfighting around the 2016 Election and 2020 Dem Primary toxxes, and there's probably still festering drama from the latter that might blow up depending on how this election goes

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also mass banning people while Lowtax still owns the place seems like a bad choice

e: does anyone have the old post about God-King Hussein I Obama and his dancewalking posse forcibly vaccinating a patriot prisoner?

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Sep 15, 2020

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also mass banning people while Lowtax still owns the place seems like a bad choice

e: does anyone have the old post about God-King Hussein I Obama and his dancewalking posse forcibly vaccinating a patriot prisoner?
That patriot prisoner is forum goon kylejack

--------------

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender.
"You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have...a conversation."

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Sep 15, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Spinz posted:

The moderation and administration of this website better be prepared for suicidal/homicidal/crazy type posts in the event of a trump victory.

I recommend figuring out how you're going to handle it and announcing it ahead of time somewhere. Then you can just stick to your plan and it's not like personal attacks. Maybe even make a thread about it ahead of time taking suggestions so you can read some feedback first in CSpam and D&D.

We do, it's the same thing that it's always been: probate them with a message to call for help and the suicide prevention hotline number. SA is not a mental health crisis resource and shouldn't try to be.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

--------------

Holy poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

We do, it's the same thing that it's always been: probate them with a message to call for help and the suicide prevention hotline number. SA is not a mental health crisis resource and shouldn't try to be.

That’s not fair to the whole community of therapists crisis counselors we have here though! There sure seem to be a loving load of people who are thats sure.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

One More Fat Nerd posted:

There's still time tho, a Biden win will probably cause a total collapse, as without an imminent fascist threat many of the rage addicts will turn their whole attention on leftists who only 90% agree with them.

Dude do you really think the imminent fascist threat will go away under a Biden admin

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Politics

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
[solid snake voice]: Politics!?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The people flipping out at the mods over the latest suicide probe are insane. They're furious like "Hey how will they post an update?" Like holy gently caress people this is the absolute last place to worry about if someone won't stop talking about killing themselves let them get help from professionals or at a bare minimum stop giving them a platform to repeatedly expess their suicidal ideation.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
this saga sucks

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

El_Elegante posted:

this saga sucks

Very much :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

More like a sadga. Which was only good for Sonic games anyways.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok well moving on. My first real memory of SA was that thread where the dude was “live posting” him hiding from his wife who wanted to stick a dildo up his rear end.

Obviously it was fake but that was like my first real introduction to SA.

Does anyone remember that? This had to be 2002-2004?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

MarcusSA posted:

Ok well moving on. My first real memory of SA was that thread where the dude was “live posting” him hiding from his wife who wanted to stick a dildo up his rear end.

I believe the dildo's name was Frankie

edit: I was able to track down the tale of the forgotten goon, aka https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Sep 16, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I remember it and think it was linked in the old thread right before everything with KM took off. That's the one where he was worried it would make him gay right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

El_Elegante posted:

this saga sucks

There should be like a three month cooling period for new sagas or something.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

MarcusSA posted:

This should be it I think my wife is going to buy a strapon.

Jbarwick posted:

I mean, wow honey. She was discussing last night that she would really like to have a go at it, and see what it was like. I'm not really hip to that though, call me a prude. After dinner she made me watch some "Bend over baby" or some such title as that were a bunch of guys were getting done by strap ons by their women. Needless to say, she was miffed that I didn't get hard. I just wasn't turned on by it babe, sorry.

It's one thing to ask me to run around the house in your skirts and panties, that's ok I guess even though I feel stupid the sex is great afterwards. It's one thing to suffer an uncomfortable unlubed finger in the bum while you blow me, unexpected to say the least. That time I woke up and you were trying to get three fingers into me, yeah I forgave you.

I SWEAR THOUGH, IF YOU WALK IN THAT loving DOOR WITH SOME JOHN HOLMES LOOKING FREAK OF NATURE STRAP ON, I'M loving LEAVING.

My bag is already packed.

Had to post this here I guess, the confessions thread got closed.

There were also follow up threads look under JBarwick in the SAclopedia.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Sep 16, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hub Cat posted:

This should be it I think my wife is going to buy a strapon.

There were also follow up threads look under JBarwick in the SAclopedia.

Thanks!

I need archives though. Oh well. Have to wait for the sale to finish. I'll mark this for later though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks!

I need archives though. Oh well. Have to wait for the sale to finish. I'll mark this for later though.

I think there's a thread in QCS to ask for that stuff while the sale is pending so you don't have to buy it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the goon who found a tooth on the sidewalk

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842

This is my favorite thread of all time: someone posts a lovely razer ~gaming tablet~ and it breaks poster Kirk’s mind and they have a majestically disgusting meltdown over like 10 pages

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HOLY gently caress posted:

This is my favorite thread of all time: someone posts a lovely razer ~gaming tablet~ and it breaks poster Kirk’s mind and they have a majestically disgusting meltdown over like 10 pages

lol that is pretty good. Some of those products too .... Jesus.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I can't blame him honestly, some of those products are utterly mindblowing.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Shortest Path posted:

Would love to go back in time and post the Switch in that thread

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

:stonk:

quote:

you're a mod for god's sake, DO SOMETHING

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

The Shortest Path posted:

agreed, the square buttoned one on the first page is so awkward it makes my hands hurt every time I see it :gonk:

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Sep 16, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Who What Now posted:

There should be like a three month cooling period for new sagas or something.

I've gotten a few PMs about this so I thought I'd address it. I typed up a lot of words and then deleted them because nobody wants to read that. Instead I'll just say that I don't want to have a rule like the above quote because it's virtually impossible to enforce consistently and will probably just result in a lot of arguing about when exactly a thing started.

I will, however, be more vigilant about people using discussions of current sagas ("drama") to pursue grudges against specific posters and subforums. There's been discussion in the mod forum about discouraging cross-forums rivalry, which I totally agree with. I'm not saying we can't call out funny/dumb/problematic behavior when it happens, we just need to strike a balance.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

I've gotten a few PMs about this so I thought I'd address it. I typed up a lot of words and then deleted them because nobody wants to read that. Instead I'll just say that I don't want to have a rule like the above quote because it's virtually impossible to enforce consistently and will probably just result in a lot of arguing about when exactly a thing started.

I will, however, be more vigilant about people using discussions of current sagas ("drama") to pursue grudges against specific posters and subforums. There's been discussion in the mod forum about discouraging cross-forums rivalry, which I totally agree with. I'm not saying we can't call out funny/dumb/problematic behavior when it happens, we just need to strike a balance.

Close Coupons. :colbert:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Close Coupons. :colbert:

We have always been at war with Coupons.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Delete everything except Coupons, the only subforum that has made a substantive financial impact on my life :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
imagine posting in a dedicated star wars forum

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
imagine being a star war sex parrot

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/polygon/status/1305931814335320064?s=21

Technically ongoing saga but Eve Goons sagas are always happening.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

El_Elegante posted:

this saga sucks

I wish someone would just end it already

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zero One posted:

the horn of goondor :allears:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Zero One posted:

As much as I'm not a fan of modern Eve goons, that game had some awesome poo poo happen in it ten years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tunicate posted:

the horn of goondor :allears:

It's awesome. We've had more returning veterans since Mittens sounded the horn than we've had in probably half a decade.

Also what's with the new announcement